You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - butthead?

Boss

Fancy a bit of schadenfreude?  Go ahead and have a gander at some of the delusional mongs on here:

Where do you expect Utd to finish now?

Always deliver, the folks on red cafe.  They seem to mostly vary between those who think they will "finish third or fourth, as Chelsea and City are just too strong" and those who say things like "I honestly believe LVG will mount a serious challenge."  

I swear that is a word for word quote, with not a trace of irony.  There is a definite sense on there that they are going to "click" and then they'll be a completely different team from the one who lost 4-0 to MK Dons hardly a week ago.

Fancy a bit of schadenfreude?  Go ahead and have a gander at some of the delusional mongs on here:

Always deliver, the folks on red cafe.  They seem to mostly vary between those who think they will "finish third or fourth, as Chelsea and City are just too strong" and those who say things like "I honestly believe LVG will mount a serious challenge."  

I swear that is a word for word quote, with not a trace of irony.  There is a definite sense on there that they are going to "click" and then they'll be a completely different team from the one who lost 4-0 to MK Dons hardly a week ago.

In fairness the next Utd line up in the league will resemble nothing like that team to MK Dons that was full of reserve players bar 1 or 2.

The team they'll be able to put out once everyone is fit and if they play a back 4 will beat most teams in the league.

With a bit of luck they still persist with a back 3 and it takes a while for them to "click".

It would be fucking hilarious if Welbeck helped Arsenal finish above them in the league.

I don't think he's signed the right players to help them beat the mid table / shite teams like hull, stoke, west ham etc. These are the games that will fuck them up over the course of the season. I mean, are players like Rock me Amadeus and Dobby really going to give it the full hundred against some shite who need to grind out a draw? No, I think it more likely they will be saving themselves for the higher profile matches against us and the other top teams. 

They have bought players in the wrong area and have definitely made panic buys paying way over the odds for both Di Maria and Falco the difference with last year was Moyes was the manager and he panic bought Fellaini who is total shite.

With LVG he's panic bought 2 world class players & I'm a lot more concerned about them getting their shit together and putting a challenge in for the top 4 now.

**Fingers crossed** they fall apart and finish 7th or lower again.

They will do better than last season fuck me it would be hard not to.

But the big factor is whiskey nose ain't there and no matter how good Butthead might be he isn't him nor will refs or other teams be intimidated by him either that sort of power takes a long time to build up and that sort of shit was worth a lot of points to them every season....

That has gone....

The whiskey nose not being there and decisions not going their way is a good shout.

They've had a couple of shouts for pens in the last couple of matches that under whiskey nose they would have got.

Also good point Lario on EL football. That would be wonderful if they ended up getting that next year.

I think it'll all go a bit Brazil.

Superstars, but it counts for nothing when faced with a team who have belief, work harder than you, and attack you.

Look at Brazil in the World Cup, and then they meet Germany and all hell breaks loose. The Germans didn't do anything radical, they just worked harder and went for the soft centre. It won't just be us causing them trouble, but Southampton, Swansea, Everton, they're just better teams than United, better balanced units with players who can hurt a piss poor defence.

The biggest comfort for me about their move for Falcao is the clear lack of forethought to what was merely an opportunistic snatch at someone left with no other options. What would most concern me is them showing signs of having made a clear plan and sticking to it, prepared to stand still or even take a step back this season while they lay solid foundations, so they can move forward on a far more stable footing over the next few years.

Instead, they've decided to brazen this one out and try to still look the part, while working absent of a script. Sure, it could come off but it won't be by design, and they'd had months to put one together. Much better chance it goes horribly wrong for them and they miss out on CL again. Only a couple of years ago those odds seemed like a very distant dream.

I think Spurs could be the more appropriate analogy.

Falcao is a class scorer, but thrives on service. He's always seemed to do his work in and around the box. 

Di Maria is good, but not as good as the United lot are making out. 

It's from out wide where the service is lacking. They are playing wingbacks who look totally unfamiliar with their role. Shaw will come in. Rafael to come back too.

But, this leads to the next point. They think it'll all turn hunky dory when these new signings are in the team. The current starting XI are showing clear signs of struggling to adapt to the new system and formation. It's took them 3 or 4 games and they still look unused to it. It might take these current starters another 5 or 6 games to feel more settled in their new roles. But then factor in that those coming into the team now might still require a total of 10 games or more to get up to speed, fitness wise and with the system. 

That's if the system ever works. It doesn't look overly suited to this league. In any event, I think it'll be a good 2-3 months before they can be expecting things to click. Just like it was with us when Rodgers first came. 

Then, the signings. Di Maria is the standout one, for me. Clearly a talented player. A decent age still too. 

But the rest are underwhelming. Shaw, with his fitness issues and one decent season in the league. Hugely overpriced too. 

Falcao. A talented scorer. But injury concerns. He could easily be another Shevchenko, Torres (at Chelsea) or a Soldado, rather than a Van Nistelrooy. Plus, he strikes me as a player who's reached the top of his curve at Atleti, and is now starting back on a downward descent. 

Rojo - I've seen nothing to say he'll be a quality signing. Nothing to suggest he's a level up from players who've come from poorer/similar leagues and haven't really performed in England, like Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Boateng, Savic etc. 

Blind - He'll bring versatility. But, again, uninspiring. He's already said he doesn't like physical football. He's not a great creator. Nor does he seem like somebody who'll impose himself on a midfield. Outsiders deride Allen and Henderson, but I can't see what Blind will offer to United over and above what the latter two offer to us. 

Herrera - seems decent. But again, nothing out of the ordinary. Seemed to struggle against Shelvey. Looks rash in the tackle too. 

I'm more excited by our signings, to be fair. Chelsea have bought much better than them. City have too. Targetting the areas they needed to improve. 

Think we'll finish above them again. They'll improve, no doubt. But will be fighting it out with Arsenal for the last CL place. 

• Upvote 1

I think what we'll find now as well, is that the pressure gets cranked right up. They've spent big, no more excuses now, no more warm gold and green dreams to fall back on when the results get painful. It could get really ugly if things don't pick up for them soon. They may just eat themselves.

Fancy a bit of schadenfreude? Go ahead and have a gander at some of the delusional mongs on here:

Always deliver, the folks on red cafe. They seem to mostly vary between those who think they will "finish third or fourth, as Chelsea and City are just too strong" and those who say things like "I honestly believe LVG will mount a serious challenge."

I swear that is a word for word quote, with not a trace of irony. There is a definite sense on there that they are going to "click" and then they'll be a completely different team from the one who lost 4-0 to MK Dons hardly a week ago.

saw one lad saying top four this year then treble next year. Don't think he was joking either fucking loon

Fancy a bit of schadenfreude? Go ahead and have a gander at some of the delusional mongs on here:

Always deliver, the folks on red cafe. They seem to mostly vary between those who think they will "finish third or fourth, as Chelsea and City are just too strong" and those who say things like "I honestly believe LVG will mount a serious challenge."

I swear that is a word for word quote, with not a trace of irony. There is a definite sense on there that they are going to "click" and then they'll be a completely different team from the one who lost 4-0 to MK Dons hardly a week ago.

saw one lad saying top four this year then treble next year. Don't think he was joking either fucking loon

Mike Phelan bang on the money. Manchester utd identity has been "broken"

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/2016491/manchester-united-losing-identity-after-danny-welbeck-salesays-mike-phelan

The Busby babes, class of 92 etc This was a club who prided itself on its youth policy. Bobby Charlton must be turning in his fucking grave.