You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - butthead?

Boss

I would love to be that magnanimous guy who looks at their situation and has some empathy, some sense of regret that such a storied side has to suffer these indignities.  As things are though, I'll just get back to pissing myself at their sheer hopelessness.

• Upvote 2

It may be a miserable grey morning but its sunshine in my heart.

What I particularly like about this is that they only had 3 trophies to go for, by risking it and picking a weakened team, albeit one that should till have won easily, Van Gaal has shown a complete lack of understanding of his situation. The MK Dons team cost less than Di Marias left testicle and was just an accident waiting to happen.

This bodes well for the future

The best thing about this is that they think throwing hundreds of millions at players will sort out them out straight away. Doesnt work like that. They'll struggle to make 4th this season.

The beauty of it is that the fans themselves have played a part in it. They've built up all this biggest club in the world bollocks for so long that they're a spoiled brat of a fanbase which is being placated with useless pure vanity signings. For what they've Spunked on di maria and Matta they could have signed an entire top class back four and DM.

• Upvote 4

The beauty of it is that the fans themselves have played a part in it. They've built up all this biggest club in the world bollocks for so long that they're a spoiled brat of a fanbase which is being placated with useless pure vanity signings. For what they've Spunked on di maria and Matta they could have signed an entire top class back four and DM.

Aye, it couldnt have happened to a nicer bunch really. They've spent years playing on our misery instead of their own success and its coming back to haunt them in a big way.

Yep

Aye, it couldnt have happened to a nicer bunch really. They've spent years playing on our misery instead of their own success and its coming back to haunt them in a big way.

So true.  A fan base that are so arrogant they can sing  'We're united , we do what we want' deserves every bit of shit that comes it way.  Horrible bunch of cunts

• Upvote 3

Van Gough made a massive fuck up last night. He thought he could give some of his youngsters confidence and thought the game was like a free full page advert to sell fringe players like Welbeck, Evans, Kagwa, Hernandez etc.

He will now be lumbered with a load of unhappy players and no fixtures to play them in. Won't be a happy camp. I see trouble ahead.

• Upvote 1

Only a couple of weeks ago the only manager/pundit/football expert saying Van Gaal will find British football different to anything he has encountered was Brendan Rodgers, his comments were sniggered at by the media.

In the words of Tony Manero " Brendan knows"

• Upvote 1

Only a couple of weeks ago the only manager/pundit/football expert saying Van Gaal will find British football different to anything he has encountered was Brendan Rodgers, his comments were sniggered at by the media.

In the words of Tony Manero " Brendan knows"

Just imagine Hodgson as Liverpool manager in 2014; craning his neck and rolling out a shag pile red carpet to welcome Van Gaal, all while dismissing any chance of us competing with the Dutch master's team.

"I think it would be very optimistic to think that a club like Liverpool could compete with a resurgent Manchester United resplendent with the Dutch master, a Champions League winning manager at the helm".