You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - butthead?

Boss

Constantly drawing up comparisons between LVG ain't gonna work. Every ex player and pundit constantly saying "oh he does this like sir Alex and reminds of sir Alex this way and that" fuck off you pricks. Whiskey shit kecks has gone. You are just like every other team now. Better get used to it.

Herrera out is a big blow for them. Looks like Fletch will have to skid around midfield even more than he has been. Rooney into midfield maybe. Anyway, let's hope Sunderland press the hell out of them. I didn't think I would be looking forward to seeing them play this season but this feels..almost don't dare say it, but...Moyes-ish.

https://twitter.com/TotallyManU

Oh dear.

tJZTCkYK_normal.jpegTotally Man U @TotallyManU[/size] · Aug 19

I am hosting a TotallyManU Instagram party tonight in Manchester! Get your tickets NOW! Message me for details. #TotallyManU

tJZTCkYK_normal.jpegTotally Man U @TotallyManU[/size] · Aug 19

Really low turnout tonight for the TotallyManU Instagram party. I have to say I'm very disappointed.

My money's on it being David Moyes.

• Upvote 2

If Sunderland do them, and they are bottom with 0 points after 2 games, the pressure will grow exponentially. They have this honey fixture list until October but if they can't get any decent points on the board before then, they will be in trouble. Continued injury problems, discontent in the camp, Scholes doing the media, Mourinho goes in, some bad ref calls, VG to lose his shit in a press conference and get the media fully on his case. Throw in some green and gold action and nobody decent signed now or in January and yeah,  I reckon this could be the year.

• Upvote 1

I think they'll go on a little run very soon, but one thing which the early sacking of Gollum did, at a stroke, is bring heat on any future United manager, due to the fig leaf of "we don't sack managers" being long gone.

As I explained to a friend of mine who's a United fan, all the great supporters/proper club guff last year, aimed at showing they were so much better than the way they reckon Hodgson got treated at Liverpool; we've been there and done it.  We've had most of the country saying Liverpool need to move with the times; Souness, Houllier, why are they still there and not being sent packing by the fans?

Hodgson was down to a very specific set of circumstances and a one-off.  United had one of the most successful managers ever for a quarter of a century, performed a highly pompous, quasi-regal handover to his handpicked successor and then jibbed the sorry quim in 10 months.

Van Gaal's already on the defensive and mentioning he's not there to be sacked, he's there to build something.  None of this is to be premature myself and say that's what I think will happen, but they've handed the press the potential for "Moyes was sacked by now with similar results", "Moyes was in deep water after performances like those", "Moyes was under pressure for a summer window like that", all of which would change their air pressure.

Would always have been better for us if Gollum stayed in situ, but pulling the trigger on him didn't fire a silver bullet at their post-Taggart problems. Not by a long way.

• Upvote 2