You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - butthead?

Boss

I quite love the genius notion that United will play a back 3 to make up for the fact they've got rubbish centre backs completely ignoring that it means they have to play one more rubbish centre back and an extra rubbish midfielder. Surely they should just be playing as many attacking mids as they can as that seems to be their strongest area.

• Upvote 1

I am not sure he is as good as he and the press seem to think, apart from winning the Bundesliga with Bayern a  few years ago ( i think i could have managed Bayern to that ) his success is mainly in the 90's, I am hoping for a massive clusterfuck, 

He's the Dutch Hodgson. He may be even more insane than Woy. Much mirth will be had between now and the end of the season.

Dutch Hodgson? Are you guys on fucking drugs or what? LVG might be a lunatic alright, but he's won some pretty big trophies with big clubs.

Hodgson has won fuck all of notice his entire career.

But can he lose to a Mick McCarthy led Wolves at home? that's the question you have to ask yourself.

Sorry where do we get this Van Gaal has won a lot of big trophies nonsense from?

Barcelona. He was there for three years and won two league titles and a domestic cup.  Wow. He won the league in a two horse race that makes the Scottish Premier League look competitive.

Dutch National Team 2000-2

Failed to qualify for the World Cup. The first Dutch boss to manage that in 16 years.

Barcelona 2002-3

Did not last the season.

AZ there for four years and won one Dutch title. Wow. Impressive. Yawn

Bayern Munich 2009-11. One league title. Wow at Bayern. What an achievement. He was sacked in 2011 for finishing fourth. Yep fourth in a one horse race.

It would appear that his only real achievement is his work at Ajax. He won three league titles (not that impressive) and one Champions League.

So not much of a return for a man who has fallen out with almost everyone he has ever spoken to.

So well done to Man Ure for getting such a top notch man.

• Upvote 3

If they don't buy any of his transfer targets i can see Van Gaal looking at Giggs after a defeat and thinking fuck these cunts I'm going back to Hollland to paint windmills and slice of my left ear.

I think there's huge potential for comedy this season with the mancs. He'll be coming out with all sorts if they get into a bad run and his rep is taking a hammering. Can imagine Ferguson taking some shit too and Giggs being fucked off if he continues to merely act as Ferguson's mouthpiece.

Just seen on Monday night footy that Uniited have the 2ND highest net spend in world football behind PSG over the last 5 transfer windows. Sort of fles in the face of the excuses some mancs are making about not spending any money.

Spending that much and ending up with Jones Smalling and Evans as your centre halves is a bit fucking criminal.