You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - butthead?

Boss

I know it's early but this has potential to be quite spectacular. He's a fucking loon. He's stubborn as a mule and he's as vicious as a rattler. He's in a totally new environment that calls for a whole new skill set but he's arrogant as fuck so he potentially won't realize until it's too late.

He's at the back end of his illustrious career and you get the distinct impression he wouldn't think twice about calling out anyone who says anything about him that isn't totally to his liking. Let's hope the press or Mourinho start to have a go and we could be in store for some real fireworks.

The press seem to be on a mission to brainwash everyone into thinking he is the new Ferguson/busby and has all these fantastic ideas on tactics that are light years ahead of everyone else.

It's all about narrative. Couple more shitty results and he'll be Moyes without the devilish charm and good looks.

Found this on redblob. Just shows the size of the task Mr Intelligent faces.

I think it bears repeating that prior to 2012, our net spend for the preceding 7 seasons was :

2005 : £1 million.
2006 : £4.1 million.
2007 : £26.5 million.
2008 : £ 33.75 million.
2009 : -£64.5 million
2010 : £13.5 million.
2011 : £38 million.

Adds upto : £52.4 million.

No-one expects Madrid/ Chelsea/ PSG/ City level but £52.4 million over 7 seasons ? Wanna guess what Sunderland's net spend for that duration was ? £86 million. Aston Villa ? £108 million. That's how far United were from the upper echelons of spending. Forget the European elite we were outspent by mid-table Premier League clubs.

That is rather shocking when you see it laid out like that. Fuck . They really are being bled dry. On the basis of these figures I wouldn't expect Van Giblet to be blowing 100M any time soon.

• Upvote 1

I said it a while ago, their whole master plan for this season is flawed by one simple thing. They expect to challenge for the title because they don't have Europe, and the reason why they believe it's possible is because we did it last season. 

But what we did last season was the exception to the rule, not the rule itself, just because you come 7th doesn't mean you automatically mount a title challenge the next year, otherwise Everton, Aston Villa, Newcastle and the like would be challenging for titles. The whole notion in and of itself is preposterous, and they've built a house of cards on that very scenario like it's preordained.

• Upvote 6

Other half's sister told me how her husband turned the volume off during our game today when YNWA started, and said she had a go at him for being so pathetic, saying he's never done that before but seems to really hate us more than ever now, did I know why?

I said "Its pretty much the first time in nearly 25 years we've been better than them, and I think he's just finding it difficult to come to terms with the natural order of things returning.  Perhaps buy him a Liverpool scarf for his birthday."  She pissed herself, he didn't come in to say hello.

• Upvote 2

Woodward's Wikipedia entry is cracking at present, no doubt will be edited shortly, but currently features the following line:

"Woodward if you are reading this page now get us some f#ing players in or else your dead we want vidal,rojo,benatia,cuadrado and hummels sort it out now"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Woodward

Never realised he advised the McCriricks during their takeover.  Lovely stuff, proper snake in the grass then in his current role.  Sure Van Gaal must adore him.

• Upvote 1