Quantcast
Middle East Thread - Page 122 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Red Phoenix

Middle East Thread

This is akin to the head of MI5/de facto foreign secretary being assassinated by another state, I think there will be significant repercussions to this,  in particular shipping in the gulf will be disrupted again and there may be more Iranian drone strikes on U.S allies in the region. Can't help but think that said US allies are probably not best impressed with this, if not surprised given the recent impeachment and the lack of foresight from this administration.

So America have whacked a high ranking Iranian who they are not at war with in Iraq. I guess nothing has united Republicans and Democrats recently like killing brown people but even this might be a stretch for them to defend and united around - i think. 

1 hour ago, clangers said:

Predictable way to divert attention away from home in an election year, start a major conflict. I seem to recall a previous war was triggered by an assassination?

Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and WW 1 ?

1 hour ago, Moctezuma said:

This is akin to the head of MI5/de facto foreign secretary being assassinated by another state, I think there will be significant repercussions to this,  in particular shipping in the gulf will be disrupted again and there may be more Iranian drone strikes on U.S allies in the region. Can't help but think that said US allies are probably not best impressed with this, if not surprised given the recent impeachment and the lack of foresight from this administration.

Don’t get why they did this now. They have known about him and his influence over the region for a long time so why now ? Has to be influence from Israel and Saudi this is too random even for Trump 

8 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Don’t get why they did this now. They have known about him and his influence over the region for a long time so why now ? Has to be influence from Israel and Saudi this is too random even for Trump 

The impeachment and also the upcoming election. Cunts like him don't mind thousands dying as long as they are kept warm in their ivory tower. 

I was listening to a Middle East expert on BBC News an hour or so ago who quite rightly pointed out about 11 instances of Iran antagonising America without hardly any retaliation. 4 oil tankers being seized, embassies and bases being attacked.... I don't think they expected this reaction but a reaction was imminent. Its horrible like and it was different to hear it from a more informed and neutral point of view. They are both a load of cunts. Expect a Boris war cry in the next few weeks and all the Brexit mob who have never lifted a finger to serve their country at war will be expecting the lads to go and fight for the flag while they sit in boozers with their jarg paras t-shirt that they found at a car-boot sale shouting queen and country. 

As many have rightly pointed out, if they do want to start nuking the fuck out of everyone, please just wait until June. 

13 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

I think a CNBC article summary from nov explains it well enough :

"President Trump and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu are facing impeachment and indictment efforts, respectively, just as national elections for both of them loom around the corner."

15 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I think a CNBC article summary from nov explains it well enough :

"President Trump and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu are facing impeachment and indictment efforts, respectively, just as national elections for both of them loom around the corner."

Its so transparent yet people let them get away with it. Nobody can convince me that their wasn't heavy Israeli and probably US involvement in the recent GE. Especially the media in the build up. 

Imagine if they were only targeting the Iraqi militia leader that apparently attacked them and now have to pretend they actually wanted to take out Suleimani? How Trump would that be?

13 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Time to merge this thread with the conspiracy theories one, I think.

It isn't though is it. 

Two things.

One. America are disgusting fuckers. They've already fucked the Middle East and will likely continue to do so. 

Two. Don't kill any of the fit Iranian women. 

Trump pulled his troops out of northern Syria to let Turkey have it's way. I don't think he has much leverage now.

Hopefully it's just a game of chicken, and they'll reach some sort of deal on how they're going to split up the territory without war.

33 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Dubai's Sheikh Mohammed abducted daughters and threatened wife - UK court

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51756984

What happened to that Sheikhs wife who was getting prosecuted for beating the shit out of her helpers in London?