You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Middle East Thread

Red Phoenix

So May is using the Skripal case, for which she blames Russia, as an excuse to attack Syria?! Just lacking that wee bit of logic.

"We cannot allow the use of chemical weapons to become normalised: within Syria, on the streets of the UK, or anywhere else in our world. We would have preferred an alternative path, but on this occasion there is none."

I just don't get the reasoning that 75 people where gassed in Syria so we must drop billions of pounds worth of bombs on them. If only they where so conscientious about the lives of the people they govern.

There's got to be more to this some dodgy political shennanigans or opportunity to make vast sums of money in one way or another for some powerful people with political influence because I am fucked if I believe they are doing this on moral grounds.

I just don't get the reasoning that 75 people where gassed in Syria so we must drop billions of pounds worth of bombs on them. If only they where so conscientious about the lives of the people they govern.

There's got to be more to this some dodgy political shennanigans or opportunity to make vast sums of money in one way or another for some powerful people with political influence because I am fucked if I believe they are doing this on moral grounds.

It doesn't take a genie energy to see what's going on.

I remember when Caroline Lucas sneaked I to a military weapons convention in london where we were selling banned weapons, bombs that where essentially a technically advanced versions of a nail bomb designed to kill and maim, I just don't get where the line is drawn over what's an acceptable way to deliver a painful death. Not excusing Assad either or chemical weaoons but I just don't believe for a second we are on our white horses riding once more unto the breach this time for the good of the people of syria.

After Blair's dossier the evidence should be put under public scrutiny. Seems by hook or crook they got what they wanted to do regardless.

The fucks a genie energy.

We're one of the biggest arms dealers in the world. It's pathetic that we try and appear holier than thou when we gave Assad the chemicals in the first place. Are we going to shut down all the companies who supply these arms or we going to put on trial all the politicians that give the go-ahead for the sales? Are we fuck as like. Nah, just throw a few hundred missiles at it, it's only brown people that'll die and we'll look strong and stable.