You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Middle East Thread

Red Phoenix

The YPG are absolutely fucking storming it from Afrin Canton and the northern "rebels" are being trounced. Erdogan didn't like them taking Azaz and Turkey have been shelling as we know from recent reports, so they've just taken territory south of there instead. The speed of those gains is amazing. At this rate they'll be head to head with ISIS over the next few days!

I guess that linking of Afrin with the rest of the YPG territory further east is back on. No wonder Turkey and Saudi Arabia are shitting it.

uFnhMfo.jpg

Any updates on a potential Boycott of Turkey, Turkish commercial and cultural products and their IslamoNazi President? or at least a cease of support and funding to them?

How is it fine to exterminate Kurds in Southeast Anatolia (currently under turkish occupation), in Northern Iraq (under turkish Invasion) and Northern Syria (under turkish invasion)?

Go fuck yourself you little shit.

And in a couple of days Stronts will.be pleading "where have I thrown abuse at someone? Where? Go on show me, where? If you can show me one instance I will leave this msg board forever, so go on show me, you can't can you? because it's all in your twisted mind, go on then, go on, show me"

• Upvote 1

And in a couple of days Stronts will.be pleading "where have I thrown abuse at someone? Where? Go on show me, where? If you can show me one instance I will leave this msg board forever, so go on show me, you can't can you? because it's all in your twisted mind, go on then, go on, show me"

Please do not twist my words.

I have never thrown unprovoked abuse at anyone.

I also would never truncate the word "message" to "msg", as that is an abomination.

Could be linked to a push for this :

Turkey wants secure line made 10 km within Syria, including Azaz, Deputy PM says

Daily Sabah with Reuters
Istanbul

Published 6 hours ago

Turkey wants a secure strip of territory 10 km (6.2 miles) deep on the Syrian side of its border, including the town of Azaz, to prevent attempts to "change the demographic structure" of the area and for humanitarian purposes, Deputy Prime Minister Yalçın Akdoğan said on Wednesday.

Assad forces backed by Russian air strikes have advanced towards the Turkish border in a major offensive in recent weeks. YPG fighters, regarded by Ankara as terrorists, have taken advantage of the violence to seize territory from Syrian rebels.

Turkey has accused the YPG of pursuing "demographic change" in northern Syria by forcibly displacing Turkmen and Arab communities.

"There is a game being played with the aim of changing the demographic structure. Turkey should not be part of this game," Akdoğan said in an interview on the AHaber television station.

"What we want is to create a secure strip, including Azaz, 10 km deep inside Syria and this zone should be free from clashes," he said.

http://www.dailysabah.com/diplomacy/2016/02/17/turkey-wants-secure-line-made-10-km-within-syria-including-azaz-deputy-pm-says

Could be linked to a push for this :

Turkey wants secure line made 10 km within Syria, including Azaz, Deputy PM says

Daily Sabah with Reuters

Istanbul

Published 6 hours ago

Turkey wants a secure strip of territory 10 km (6.2 miles) deep on the Syrian side of its border, including the town of Azaz, to prevent attempts to "change the demographic structure" of the area and for humanitarian purposes, Deputy Prime Minister Yalçın Akdoğan said on Wednesday.

Assad forces backed by Russian air strikes have advanced towards the Turkish border in a major offensive in recent weeks. YPG fighters, regarded by Ankara as terrorists, have taken advantage of the violence to seize territory from Syrian rebels.

Turkey has accused the YPG of pursuing "demographic change" in northern Syria by forcibly displacing Turkmen and Arab communities.

"There is a game being played with the aim of changing the demographic structure. Turkey should not be part of this game," Akdoğan said in an interview on the AHaber television station.

"What we want is to create a secure strip, including Azaz, 10 km deep inside Syria and this zone should be free from clashes," he said.

http://www.dailysabah.com/diplomacy/2016/02/17/turkey-wants-secure-line-made-10-km-within-syria-including-azaz-deputy-pm-says

Or linked to the 100 MEPs who have just called for the PKK to be taken off the terrorist list.

• Upvote 1

Or linked to the 100 MEPs who have just called for the PKK to be taken off the terrorist list.

Thanks, wasn't aware of that. I don't usually feel comfortable bringing up the possibility of a false flag (not suggesting that you were either), not really bothered in this case though.

He talks as if the west has ever had any intention of increasing stability in the region, which I don't think I believe. 

Yeah it's also frustrating how often these ex-officials speak out after they're done working, but rarely ever when actually in the job, where they could have a better chance of putting pressure on government.

Guest Pistonbroke

Turks suffer another attack in Ankara.......Kurds or internal? Hard to keep up with who the fuck is to blame for any attack these days, like Game of Thrones, far two many Little Finger's with their murderous fingers in all the pies.