You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That there London

Anny Road

2 hours ago, Champ said:

What’s on the ‘to do’ list, John?

Dungeons, speedboats, theatre again and that huge slide they have in the statue (ArcellorMittal Orbit) at the Olympic Park. The slide was closed because of the rain which was a right pisser. 

858835A0-80A6-4EF4-8CF2-E9BFB4A70863.jpeg

I’ve got refunded tickets for the Tower of London because we ended up sidetracked and the Tower Hill station was out of bounds. I think we’re gonna go back for a day trip at some point before they go back to school, use those tickets and do another one of the things I mentioned above. 

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Dungeons, speedboats, theatre again and that huge slide they have in the statue (ArcellorMittal Orbit) at the Olympic Park. The slide was closed because of the rain which was a right pisser. 

858835A0-80A6-4EF4-8CF2-E9BFB4A70863.jpeg

I’ve got refunded tickets for the Tower of London because we ended up sidetracked and the Tower Hill station was out of bounds. I think we’re gonna go back for a day trip at some point before they go back to school, use those tickets and do another one of the things I mentioned above. 

I'd love to go on that slide. I asked my lads if they'd do it and they told me to fuck right off (I might be paraphrasing a little there).

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Heading down there in July.

Thinking of heading to Camden Market on the Saturday night. Looking for recommendations for somewhere decent to eat. The Wife is a vegetarian but I’ll eat Tony’s Ma’s badly packed kebab if I have to.

There's plenty of street food stalls in the stables market if you fancy eating throughout the afternoon. The noodles are good.

7 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Heading down there in July.

Thinking of heading to Camden Market on the Saturday night. Looking for recommendations for somewhere decent to eat. The Wife is a vegetarian but I’ll eat Tony’s Ma’s badly packed kebab if I have to.

My mate keeps recommending Baladin, an Italian place, but I've not had the chance to go the times I've recently been down. His mate owns it and looking at the reviews for it he might have a point.

• 2 months later...

The Telegraph have found the perfect person to put the boot into Sadiq Khan and the ULEZ scheme. Nigel Havers, a tory twat who's main residence is in Wiltshire and thought the law was an ass to ban him for drink driving in the 90s as it was raining and he was only 300 yards from his London flat. 

20 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

There on Saturday with KidD, MrsD and Dog. KidD wants to see the sites so we're going to get a hop on hop off bus about.  

Where's good to eat outside, still borough market? 

Camden locks is great, had a huge amount of investment and is probably 'better' than Borough for street food stuff, plus there'sstuff to see around there.

https://www.camdenmarket.com/food-drink

• Upvote 2

I was gonna go at the weekend with my two girls but the Premier Inns are all fully booked or obscenely priced for the Bank Holiday. Ended up booking one for next Tuesday and Wednesday night instead, £100 per night cheaper. 

It’s London Theatre Week so there’s cheaper tickets than usual on the go. Seeing as we’re there for three days I’m gonna squeeze two shows in. Wicked and The Mousetrap. 

The Dungeons are the one thing we haven’t done on the South Bank so I’ll be going there with my little cereal box voucher. 

Got a mate who works in Coutt's Bank and he’s gonna give us a behind the scenes tour one day. 

They like the Hard Rock Cafe at Leicester Square/Piccadilly Circus so I’ll have to go in there and hold my nose when the bill arrives. 

There’s a little outdoor market behind Kings Cross that we found once, courtesy of @Champ sending us walking that way. The kids love the churro stand there and I don’t mind because they have different ale/gin stalls. It’s a nice place to end the day if you’re staying close by. 

Still got to find one or two more things to do. We’ve never done a bus tour but we’ve seen all the main sights before. Might get on a boat down the Thames if the weather ain’t shite. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I was gonna go at the weekend with my two girls but the Premier Inns are all fully booked or obscenely priced for the Bank Holiday. Ended up booking one for next Tuesday and Wednesday night instead, £100 per night cheaper. 

It’s London Theatre Week so there’s cheaper tickets than usual on the go. Seeing as we’re there for three days I’m gonna squeeze two shows in. Wicked and The Mousetrap. 

The Dungeons are the one thing we haven’t done on the South Bank so I’ll be going there with my little cereal box voucher. 

Got a mate who works in Coutt's Bank and he’s gonna give us a behind the scenes tour one day. 

They like the Hard Rock Cafe at Leicester Square/Piccadilly Circus so I’ll have to go in there and hold my nose when the bill arrives. 

There’s a little outdoor market behind Kings Cross that we found once, courtesy of @Champ sending us walking that way. The kids love the churro stand there and I don’t mind because they have different ale/gin stalls. It’s a nice place to end the day if you’re staying close by. 

Still got to find one or two more things to do. We’ve never done a bus tour but we’ve seen all the main sights before. Might get on a boat down the Thames if the weather ain’t shite. 

For the Wicked show head to Market Halls Victoria for food, great little food hall and two minutes away.

• Upvote 1

On 02/06/2021 at 16:49, Captain Turdseye said:

Been down there for a few days with my girls in the summer holidays for the last couple of years. Becoming a kind of annual thing like Anubis’ brother. Probably gonna go this year too but we’ve done most of the main tourist stuff and plenty of other stuff on the side. It was a bit shit last year having to wear the mask everywhere but it is what it is. The ‘eat out to help out’ did bring the cost down to be fair. 

Hoping to maybe get them to a West End show this year as Turdsette will be old enough to enjoy that this time around. Then maybe a river cruise or something like that which we’ve never done. I’d happily spend all day in and around Leicester Square watching the street performers if the weather was nice. 

There are plenty of free/cheap things to do down there for kids though. Natural History Museum, etc. The Science Museum is superb and the bit on the top floor that you need to pay to get into is great fun. 

2BBCF468-D9C3-4900-A22F-3800E5014443.jpeg

0F8147E8-0B58-480E-853F-7189F6F6C2B9.jpeg

393E31C7-E400-4C6A-9FBF-DFDF7126B757.jpeg

5FA026FC-3CF3-46EA-A0F0-0C9A8DB95FE7.jpeg

FD3604D3-4F3F-432A-9124-E8FAC0A84409.jpeg

6D788EF8-885B-4FBE-89C6-29F084BD0EED.jpeg

E67E42CA-DEAF-4C3C-8066-C8F8F4BF6595.jpeg

9E0045E2-C289-453E-A9C5-4C14A3333138.jpeg

84FC3881-16A2-45F0-94C2-B0458AD6F821.jpeg

178CBCFB-FC7A-450B-A61A-0256B064C61A.jpeg

281612A7-3843-41D6-9467-5051CACAAFB1.jpeg

I’m welling up looking at these pics. Fuck sake. 

• Upvote 2