You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mario Balotelli

WhiskeyJar

Ok.

So he has to take responsibility for the signings and all this guff about 'its not his signing' has to stop,as its just an excuse.

Im sure rodgers will take responsibility for all the signings.

To answer your comment about not being his signings, all I would say is that LFC have acknowledged the existence of this transfer committee. It therefore exists for a reason. Its exact part or function it plays in transfers we dont know. The fact it exists clearly indicate some responsibility.

Is it a rafa 'I wanted a sofa and they bought me a lamp' type thing or not? Who knows, I dont. Do you?

What guff, Vlad? Who's coming out with it?

If you read a selection of posts there are always a few saying signings like Balotelli may not be Rodgers signings. This cannot be a realistic argument unless Rodgers has gone back on not having a final say in all footballing related matters. The situation which made him turn down our job originally.

The shirt swapping and now the car incident in Manchester. Minor nonsense but it will escalate rest assured.

The shirt-swapping was daft, no argument there but it's been dealt with and is hardly the crime of the century.

I love how this has turned into 'the car incident' already though.  Yes! Another chapter duly written in the mad, bad crazy world of number one whacko Mario Balotelli!

What happened was:

1. He went to visit his mum in Wythenshawe.

2. A bunch of knobs started taking pictures of his car.

3. He told one of them to fuck off.

Crazy huh?  I bet no other footballer in the history of the PL has ever told someone in a shithole suburb to fuck off away from his £250k Ferrari and stop being a cock when hes just poppedin to say hi to his mum.

One of my mates said to me last week 'the thing with Balotelli is that this kind of controversy follows him around'.  To an extent he's right because the kind of controversy we are talking about here is manufactured controversy and that certainly follows him around because people have an almost insatiable appetite these days for slurping up tittle-tattle and inconsequential bullshit concerning 'celebs' and the media are sadly only too eager to pander to their vacuous readership.

Half of the things that Balotelli ends up in the papers for are basically nothing, stuff that you wouldn't bat an eyelid at - the only thing that makes them reportable is that some lazy hack can add "Premier League whacko Mario Balotelli..." to the story and some fat, opinionated, tiresome little cunt will get their daily endorphin release when they read it.

• Upvote 10

If he doesnt want people around his car then why not just buy a run around? Surely the clubs he plays for have staff to give players help and advice in their daily life and how to handle the media?

He hardly seems worth the bother at the moment.

You could just as easily ask why do people feel the need to flock around it like particularly moronic seagulls.  The lad is a multi-millionaire, why should he have to drive round in a fucking Mondeo just to avoid slack-jawed cunts whom you could probably entertain for a few hours by writing PTO on both sides of a piece of paper.

Sorry but I don't get the gawper mentality, never have.  Way I was brought up I guess, or maybe just the fact I was brought up at all.  I see Premier League players and their nice cars every week because my office is next to the Lowry hotel in Manchester, I glance at a nice car if it goes past whilst I'm out having a cig but hanging around it and taking photos?  Jesus some people are easily excited and/or amused.

Ironically perhaps, the last car there that really did make me drool was one of Balotelli's old ones from when he was at City.  He did have a Bentley at one time too which won't impress me much, but this was a white Maserati GT with black wheels, beautiful motor.  Even then I just had a quick perve a it whilst I was having a cig and went back into work, I can't say taking a photo of it even entered my head.

Edit: In fact here it is, illegally parked in the same place just off King Street West that Diouf used to leave his considerably less classy cars every time he was in Manchester.

La-Maserati-GranTurismo-di-Balotelli-03.

• Upvote 1

I think we have to sell in January.  It's not working.  It's likely to never work, at least in the way we hoped.  If it does work - consistently - it will take us so long to get to that point that we will have wasted years.  

We keep doing this with players - we buy them when for whatever reason they're not ready to contribute, then we play them, sometimes for years, to the detriment of the team, then if and when they finally become a team asset we blather on about how wonderful they are, ignoring the fact that they've been a fucking anchor that needed to be dragged around for months or years, costing us dear.  

I think we have to sell in January.  It's not working.  It's likely to never work, at least in the way we hoped.  If it does work - consistently - it will take us so long to get to that point that we will have wasted years.  

We keep doing this with players - we buy them when for whatever reason they're not ready to contribute, then we play them, sometimes for years, to the detriment of the team, then if and when they finally become a team asset we blather on about how wonderful they are, ignoring the fact that they've been a fucking anchor that needed to be dragged around for months or years, costing us dear.  

I'm getting essence of Leiva.

• Upvote 3

No problem with the shirt swap or the car bollocks. There's an element of Suarez mark II witch hunt among the media with him already, mainly due to Sky's realisation that there isn't enough on field action to fill a 24 hour sports news channel, leading it to launch a secret operation to turn the game into an American wrestling style quasi-sport come panto.

My only problem with Balloteli is that he clearly can't be arsed playing.

• Upvote 3

You could just as easily ask why do people feel the need to flock around it like particularly moronic seagulls. The lad is a multi-millionaire, why should he have to drive round in a fucking Mondeo just to avoid slack-jawed cunts whom you could probably entertain for a few hours by writing PTO on both sides of a piece of paper.

Sorry but I don't get the gawper mentality, never have. Way I was brought up I guess, or maybe just the fact I was brought up at all. I see Premier League players and their nice cars every week because my office is next to the Lowry hotel in Manchester, I glance at a nice car if it goes past whilst I'm out having a cig but hanging around it and taking photos? Jesus some people are easily excited and/or amused.

Ironically perhaps, the last car there that really did make me drool was one of Balotelli's old ones from when he was at City. He did have a Bentley at one time too which won't impress me much, but this was a white Maserati GT with black wheels, beautiful motor. Even then I just had a quick perve a it whilst I was having a cig and went back into work, I can't say taking a photo of it even entered my head.

Edit: In fact here it is, illegally parked in the same place just off King Street West that Diouf used to leave his considerably less classy cars every time he was in Manchester.

Posted Image

I dont have any car fetish myself so dont see anybody's need for big flash cars when cheaper ones do equally as good a job.

He does seem to have a bit of an attention seeker/spoiled child element to him off the field. On the field too,it seems.

I've only seen the MOTD highlights of the Hull game so I realise they probably aren't representative of the game or Balotelli's performance in particular, but it was noticeable how much more he was trying to get in ahead of the defenders when the ball came into the box. Yes he should have scored at the end but the positive was that he was being more proactive in getting into goalscoring positions. That's a good base to work from but the next thing is to play with more intensity and ruthlessness to at least become more of a consistent threat.