You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mario Balotelli

WhiskeyJar

So we bought Balotelli to play with Sturridge even though he has better goal ratio as the lone striker.  Furthermore the high likelihood of Sturridge being injured for big chunks of the season suggest that this isnt the case at all.

Once Sturridge is fit, he should be the one playing upfront on his own rather than try and hope Balotelli starts playing well

Rodgers explicitly linked the Balotelli signing to Sturridge's injury record the other day...

Why are we talking about Carroll, even at West Ham under that fat cunt big headed nonce Sam Allardyce he still isn't playing well (when fit) and that team has been fucking built around him.  Sam Allardyce's football philosophy, if you can call it that - plays to every apparent strength the big ale house Carroll supposedly has.

Right, so, back to Balotelli. I think he had a good 15 minutes when Gerrard moved closer to him. More combinations like that and more time with his teammates on the pitch, I hope, showed little signs of what might be. He's not on international duty so that might work in his/our favour? 

• Upvote 2

It was a decent cameo on Saturday, liked the fact that he came on & looked up for it.

I've still got hopes that him & Sturridge will work very well together, if we can keep Sturridge fit.

Great that the coaching staff have a couple of weeks with them both too prior to the next game.

Why are we talking about Carroll, even at West Ham under that fat cunt big headed nonce Sam Allardyce he still isn't playing well (when fit) and that team has been fucking built around him.  Sam Allardyce's football philosophy, if you can call it that - plays to every apparent strength the big ale house Carroll supposedly has.

The team won't be built around him now. West Ham have got three forwards in Valencia, Sakho, and Zarate that are all much better than Carroll. They've switched to the same diamond formation that we play, Downing is now a central midfielder, Jarvis only gets the last five minutes of games, and they actually play quite decent football at times.

The fat sweaty walrus has gone full tiki-taka.

only if he makes it difficult for the defenders by moving about a bit

I actually find him infuriating. 

He's at times seemed willing to work for the team by pressing and/or harrying the opposition which is great. Fair play.

But then when we have the ball he'll be either be

A) About a mile away from the Box

or

B ) Near the box but basically totally static waiting for it to be played directly to his feet

Hopefully his movement will improve as he gets used to how the team is set up. 

Was just looking at Serie A stats, and I thought that Balotelli didn't do assists?

Turns out he had 7 last season, on a par with Pirlo, Guarin, Valero, and 1 more than Strootman, Higuain, Insigne, Callejon and Pjanic.

BY the way, Balotelli scored an even number of his 14 league goals home and away (7-7), and 10 of his 14 goals came in the second half of games.

But, let's be honest, how bad is Serie A right now?

Some of the top assists in 13/14 came from Totti, Toni and Gervinho, that's not on.

Luca Toni was the 2nd top scorer, and Rodrigo Palacio wasn't far behind. It's like a slightly superior version of the fucking J-League.

As for this season, the top scorer is some bloke who Lazio signed on a free from Nantes. Then the 36 year old Di Natale (will turn 37 next week), and then the shocking figure of Dani Osvaldo comes in at third.

Ladies and gentlemen, Serie A.

Balotelli Quiz:

It's the last minute of a game at Anfield against PSV Eindhoven. Your team are winning 1-0 and you receive the ball in the centre cirle, do you:

(a) Knock the ball into space behind you and start chasing it

(b) Play it back safe into feet for a central midfielder, and then stand still.

© Flick it up onto your thigh and clap

(d) Play a raking 40 yard ball back to Mignolet at chest height

(e) Turn and shoot

(f) Go down injured and try to get a free-kick 50 yards out to have a go at goal from

(g) Complain as to the quality of the ball you received

(h) Bollock the youngest player near to you

(i) Turn and joke with your opposite number about 'not being the big fuck in this one, eh'

(j) Scissor kick someone

(k) Celebrate the win

Photo: Mario Balotelli thanks Liverpool fans for ‘genius’ banner POSTED BY ROB PARKER - OCTOBER 11, 2014 - ALL NEWSLIVERPOOLPHOTOS

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli has thanks supporters who created a banner branding him a “genius”.

The banner featured a picture of the £16m summer signing alongside an Italian translation of a famous Oscar Wilde quote.

Responding on his Instagram account, Balotelli said: “I have nothing to declare except my genius? Wow, thanks to whoever did this.

“I know all of you expect more from me .. More goals expecially and more “genios” but give me time and I’ll show is true.”

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2014/10/photo-mario-balotelli-thanks-liverpool-fans-genius-banner/?utm_source

1413042032537_wps_1_A_banner_aimed_at_Ma