You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mario Balotelli

WhiskeyJar

Hes exactly what we needed, someone with a presence up front who is technically very good and can play with the ball on the floor.

Hes going to be class for us and a fans favourite.

I thought it was a pretty impressive cameo. He gives us another dimension, no doubt about it. If he can keep his work rate at that level, he'll be an asset. He'll also help Sturridge. I think he'll be a lot more effective with someone else up front. He'll also be better with games under his belt. He faded quite badly, and he wasn't as sharp as he could be, but overall I think he did well.

I thought it was a pretty impressive cameo. He gives us another dimension, no doubt about it. If he can keep his work rate at that level, he'll be an asset. He'll also help Sturridge. I think he'll be a lot more effective with someone else up front. He'll also be better with games under his belt. He faded quite badly, and he wasn't as sharp as he could be, but overall I think he did well.

That's the key.

He was good today apart from not converting some the chances he had. I wasn't in favour of taking him but if that kind of effort is what we can expect every week I'll happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong, I still expect it will be a roller coaster ride 

I wish he had scored, i always think its a good omen, but i was really happy with how we played with him on the pitch, and the constant threat he caused is just what we need. 

Im glad gerrard didnt give him the pen though, think that will set the right tone for him. Hope he keeps playing like that. Thought we clicked again today and moreno had a fantastic game. 

'Balotelli cut a lonely figure at Melwood. Mirror insiders say he's already struggling to fit in with his team mates after a string of unacceptable behaviour'

Put your house on that being news next week

Hardly.

Mario is a hugely popular figure with the press, and rightly so. Expect coverage of all wacky behaviour, but wacky is not bad.

Everyone loves a character, and he scores big time in a pretty anodyne current premier league.

The thing is with Ballotell. The thing I noticed against Spurs (and his might sound like I'm nit picking) was when he came out for the 2nd half and he spent what seemed like a while holding up the kick off cos he was tying his shoe lace. Now he genuinely had to tie his lace obviously but I noticed a few of the players looking around thinking why haven't we kicked of yet. Obviously not a big thing but these kinds of little things over a long period sart to piss people off. He's a clever lad and I might sound cynical but I had the feelin he knew what he was doing to get a bit of attention.

The thing is with Ballotell. The thing I noticed against Spurs (and his might sound like I'm nit picking) was when he came out for the 2nd half and he spent what seemed like a while holding up the kick off cos he was tying his shoe lace. Now he genuinely had to tie his lace obviously but I noticed a few of the players looking around thinking why haven't we kicked of yet. Obviously not a big thing but these kinds of little things over a long period sart to piss people off. He's a clever lad and I might sound cynical but I had the feelin he knew what he was doing to get a bit of attention.

Bit of a leap that, if it was another player it would have seemed a bit more innocuous. Or maybe Gerrard or Rodgers told him to delay the kickoff to unsettle the opponents. Or maybe he is just a bit simple. I would probably say the later.

Single mum hairdresser sent Balotelli a picture of her bubble butt to entice him, he invites her back to his house, boffs her, and puts her in a taxi. She pours out her heart, and no doubt her arse, to the Sunday Mirror.  The poor poor girl.  #creampie

Haha

Seriously though, even if its not bullshit I'm sure no one from the mirror has had a one night stand and then thought "fuck me, I don't want to wake up next to this tomorrow" and had them leave one way or another.

Shocked and stunned that he didn't treat her like a fairy princess and whisk her away to be happy forever and ever and ever and ever.  If he even met and blurted his curdled mess into her in the first place.  The wretched shrew.

Shit like that is truly hideous, and there's going to be an absolute job lot of it all season long.

• Upvote 1