You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mario Balotelli

WhiskeyJar

He wasn't our worst player, that honour goes to Lord Wankathon Johnson.

But he's plainly not suited to our style of play, doesn't score/do enough and his attitude is generally shit. I saw him attempt a slide tackle in the first half - but he was tackling a blade of grass.

I'd play him in the FA and League cup games, and games against 'lesser' oppo. when we need a bit of speed and intelligence against the top sides I'd have him on as a sub in the last 10-15mins depending.

An insanely stupid signing that smacked of desperation at the time and has turned out very badly. Shane Long would have been a better signing FFS.

Long season ahead.

• Upvote 1

I think Mario is shit and well overrated. But I will reserve judgement on his striking abilities until I see him play with Sturridge for a few games. The thing is though his personality isn't helping. He just doesn't seem to care or want to make an impact. He's defo not the type of player we want in any way shape or form. Hope he proves me wrong but we should have signed remy.

Just imagine for a second, being arsed that Balotelli swapped his shirt at half time, like really imagine being remotely arsed about a player swapping his shirt at half time - when we defend like a bunch of ebola zombies.

Yep. He's a clown, but he shouldn't be a scapegoat for every act in our circus.

To be honest,Balotelli could be a world beater at the moment and it simply wouldnt matter.

Our defence and gk are fuckin atrocious. The selection of Johnson for any reason is beyond reasoning and Lovren has been a bit of a disaster so far.

Not selecting Lallana to support Balotelli from the start was another massive blunder from Rodgers.

Balotelli is a problem but he is just a part of a much larger one.

Did anybody see Mignolet dive for the ball with his feet for their 3rd goal?  The ball is loose in the 6 yard box and our keeper goes for it with his feet because he's a bottle-less shit house.  But people would rather criticise Balotelli for swapping shirts. 

Didn't notice it before as you can't tell from the Kop end but just watched the goals now and what a fiucking turd Mignolet is......The second is bad enough with the defence all over the show but that 3rd goal....If that was Clem he would have took everyone out including his own players to get that ball.......

It's OK to think that the defence and goalkeeper are completely shite and that Balotelli is completely shite.  This whole line of saying, he wasn't our worst player, he's a scapegoat, etc is simply untrue.  People are saying he's shit because he hasn't offered anything.  He can't pass two yards, he doesn't know where to run, he makes the wrong decision most times, he's a liability defensively, he misses basic chances, he shoots from ridiculous angles, he falls over himself, etc, etc.  Then, despite me not being overly bothered by this, he's smiling and joking at half time swapping shirts.  He probably wouldn't even smile if he scored.  Seriously, fuck him, get Borini in the team. 

That's not to say that the rest of the team isn't shite either though.  

• Upvote 4

To be honest,Balotelli could be a world beater at the moment and it simply wouldnt matter.

Our defence and gk are fuckin atrocious. The selection of Johnson for any reason is beyond reasoning and Lovren has been a bit of a disaster so far.

Not selecting Lallana to support Balotelli from the start was another massive blunder from Rodgers.

Balotelli is a problem but he is just a part of a much larger one.

I really don't agree for reasons I and many other have already stated.

I don't think our defenders are intrinsically bad players . Johnson needs dropping I would accept but properly organised and drilled they could be a hell of lot better. Balotelli for me is a complete busted flush. I don't doubt at some point if you are mental enough to keep picking him he would score a few goals and maybe turn a game but as we have seen the dross he serves up for the vast majority of his time on the pitch is shite beyond belief. He just doesn't have the basic instinct of a striker to get the right side of a defender or time a run. His passing or lack of it is just woeful. I see absolutely no redemption for this guy. He has to go

Did anybody see Mignolet dive for the ball with his feet for their 3rd goal?  The ball is loose in the 6 yard box and our keeper goes for it with his feet because he's a bottle-less shit house.  But people would rather criticise Balotelli for swapping shirts. 

Was screaming at him for that.  Proper shithouse

I didn't notice it either, I couldn't tell if any of their goals were any good - fucking shite swapping us around like that.  I watched the highlights and just got angry at how terrible he is.

Major Tom, he didn't dribble it to Casilias, he played a ball to Sterling who hadn't made the run. 

Before we signed him I said Balotelli was of the Collymore/Chelsea Torres school of players who look like they simply don't like football and wish they were doing something else. That's always going to be a problem. There is no magic sponge for a lack of passion.

It's OK to think that the defence and goalkeeper are completely shite and that Balotelli is completely shite.  This whole line of saying, he wasn't our worst player, he's a scapegoat, etc is simply untrue.  People are saying he's shit because he hasn't offered anything.  He can't pass two yards, he doesn't know where to run, he makes the wrong decision most times, he's a liability defensively, he misses basic chances, he shoots from ridiculous angles, he falls over himself, etc, etc.  Then, despite me not being overly bothered by this, he's smiling and joking at half time swapping shirts.  He probably wouldn't even smile if he scored.  Seriously, fuck him, get Borini in the team. 

That's not to say that the rest of the team isn't shite either though.

It seems perfectly reasonable to discuss Balotelli's performance in a entitled "Mario Balotelli".

Carroll was better than this, at least Carroll scared defenders with his aerial prowess and played a few games were he looked untouchable. Balotelli hasn't caused a single opposition defence any real problems (and don't say Spurs because he missed two sitters and fluffed a shot when there was an open goal). He got the piss taken out of him by Senderos.

He's not got the right mentality to make it here, we could of guessed that beforehand, but the real revelation is he doesn't have the ability to make it here either.

Carroll was far better than this and I wish we had a fit and ready Carroll right now.

Its happened though, i didn't think it would but it has. I woke up this morning and for the first time would genuinely prefer Borini to start ahead of this fucking clown. 

He needs to sort his head out quickly. I stuck up for him last night but that was more in response to the fucking knee-jerkers but looking back at him in that first half, he wasn't terrible to be fair but he barely tried. Swapping shirts when 3 nil down at half-time, and with a cunt like Pepe? I wouldn't put it past that prick to have done it on purpose knowing full well Balotelli would be stupid enough to swap and get him in the shit.