You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mario Balotelli

WhiskeyJar

Why would you sign a striker like Lambert if you'd rather play a 19 year old winger as a false 9? why even bother if you have no faith in him whatsoever? 

In my view, he was bought as a partner to Sturridge and Suarez, which was a job he would do with ease I reckon. Once Suarez and Sturridge are removed from the picture, he's not of much use, as he can't play up top on his own, and partnering Balotelli will be too static, and partnering Borini - well - that would just be a bit shit wouldn't it? For  4 million, we got a player who could play some of the lesser games - to give Sturridge (especially) a breather. It was a fine transfer at the time, now it doesn't look too bright, especially with Sturridge out injured.

He might be able to partner Sterling down the line, but our Raheem needs to be able to finish outside the 5 yard box if he's to be converted to a forward/striker.

There were far worse performances out there than Balotelli's by the way. Our midfield were atrocious again, and Lovren/Johnson even worse at the back. Easy scapegoat though.

Not fit to wear the shirt but saw the interview with B.R  on Sky said he was nt aware of the shirt exchange at half time but did say there was a situation last season when it happened and he dealt with it, who was that. I would ve felt better had he said that Bastard Ballotelli came in having giving away the shirt hes not fit to fucking wear, had to punch him in the face and hes still lying cold in the dressing room.

In my view, he was bought as a partner to Sturridge and Suarez, which was a job he would do with ease I reckon. Once Suarez and Sturridge are removed from the picture, he's not of much use, as he can't play up top on his own, and partnering Balotelli will be too static, and partnering Borini - well - that would just be a bit shit wouldn't it? For 4 million, we got a player who could play some of the lesser games - to give Sturridge (especially) a breather. It was a fine transfer at the time, now it doesn't look too bright, especially with Sturridge out injured.

He might be able to partner Sterling down the line, but our Raheem needs to be able to finish outside the 5 yard box if he's to be converted to a forward/striker.

There were far worse performances out there than Balotelli's by the way. Our midfield were atrocious again, and Lovren/Johnson even worse at the back. Easy scapegoat though.

no mention of skrtel and morenos shitness?

Not fit to wear the shirt but saw the interview with B.R  on Sky said he was nt aware of the shirt exchange at half time but did say there was a situation last season when it happened and he dealt with it, who was that. I would ve felt better had he said that Bastard Ballotelli came in having giving away the shirt hes not fit to fucking wear, had to punch him in the face and hes still lying cold in the dressing room.

Sakho, half time against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge from memory.

he maybe shit  but lets not paper over the cracks here  the whole team has been shit  making 1 player a scape goat dont solve all the other issues  

its not just his fault its all  gone pear shaped .....poorly spent transfer budget  is a start  why we wasted the best part of 20m on 2  strikers ...1 lazy and 1 past it  is beyond  me  ....dont get me started on lovren 

to be honest rodgers got his new long term contract his feet are well and truly under the table  ....happens everytime  manager wants new contract team plays out of its skin does well  etc  not just at liverpool  but other clubs aswell its almost like the contract is a kiss of death and yes there is the suarez affect but  we played just aswell last season when he wasnt in the team

so in all honesty while i agree  mario is not the best player in the world  i think that many things  are the cause  of our poor form this season 

he maybe shit  but lets not paper over the cracks here  the whole team has been shit  making 1 player a scape goat dont solve all the other issues  

its not just his fault its all  gone pear shaped .....poorly spent transfer budget  is a start  why we wasted the best part of 20m on 2  strikers ...1 lazy and 1 past it  is beyond  me  ....dont get me started on lovren 

to be honest rodgers got his new long term contract his feet are well and truly under the table  ....happens everytime  manager wants new contract team plays out of its skin does well  etc  not just at liverpool  but other clubs aswell its almost like the contract is a kiss of death and yes there is the suarez affect but  we played just aswell last season when he wasnt in the team

so in all honesty while i agree  mario is not the best player in the world  i think that many things  are the cause  of our poor form this season 

Definitely a fair point. Theres a whole smorgasbord of problems.

I think its undeniable though hes offering nothing as a focal point at the moment and that's a huge problem for us. 

I think tonight in the first half he finally showed some ability to play the way we need him to but he still didnt cause too many problems.

Maybe if he can take that performance and start applying that to our league games his fortunes will improve. But it's up to him.  

How the fuck was Rodgers not aware of him swapping shirts at half time? I'm sure Rodgers was already in the room when Balotelli came in, Madrid jersey in hand, sans Liverpool jersey.

Balotelli is a complete fucking waste of space. Rodgers initially had the right idea during pre season when he said there was no way he would sign this bell end, but then acted like a bloke who's best friend is trying to set him up with a bird he doesn't really fancy, only to go back on his decision because he's desperate for a ride and nobody else will have him. Now he's stuck dating a frigid lazy sack of shit who won't put out.

Fawning over the fucker like a parent praising a developmentally challenged child because he can tie his shoe laces. Praising him because he now marks for a corner, or Gerrard praising his effort during a game. Fuck off! Getting 100K a week and he still can't get his training bib on properly!

If he was a relatively unknown striker we signed for 16 million he'd have been hooked off weeks ago and dumped in the reserves with the idea to sell come January.

He's second in my list behind El Hadji Diouf as my most disliked Liverpool ever and that's just after 10 games.

Well this is interesting.

Pros: If this £16m fee is accurate it's a good bit of business.  On his day he's fantastic.  Strong, pacy, good in the air and it's the kind of money clubs are expecting for a one-season wonder from a mid-table PL side these days, not a 24 year old full international who has recently been scoring a goal every other game.

Cons:  He's a complete fucking mentalist.

Still, considering that the last loony we signed helped get us back into the Champion's Leage and a cunt hair away from the title before we sold him for around a £50m profit, I think he's worth taking a punt on.

Just highlighting this so that anybody who wants to can bookmark it for future use when I'm chatting shit.

I'd honestly rather see Lambert plod around like a 45 year old 20 a day smoker that's having a kick about for the first time in three years than play this half wit.

I'm a 43 year old 20 a day smoker but they're Marlboro reds so that easily takes care of the other two years.  I can confirm that I would have been fucking dreadful against Real Madrid tonight too, but at least I would have kept my shirt.

I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't Pepe - I wouldn't wipe my fucking arse on that cunt's shirt.

This says it all really, from Rodgers's post-match comments:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/22/liverpool-mario-balotelli-shirt-real-madrid-pepe

“That’s the first I’ve heard of it,” Rodgers told Sky Sports when informed of the shirt swap. “But if that’s the case then I wouldn’t like it. It’s something that I don’t like to see, I’ve seen it happen in other leagues and other countries but it’s certainly something that doesn’t happen here and shouldn’t happen. We had an incident last year here with a player, which I dealt with, and if that’s the case then I’ll deal with this as well.”

Rodgers said of Balotelli’s substitution: “Just tactical. I felt that we needed a bit more intensity and someone to create through the middle and occupy their centre-halves a wee bit more.

“Adam Lallana came on and did very, very well. Young Raheem Sterling played up there, which was difficult for him but I thought he kept working and kept trying and it’s not a natural position for him.”

So he thought we needed someone to occupy their centre halves a little more than the full international striker that we signed for £16m and felt that the best option was to assign that task to Raheem Sterling, despite the fact that it was 'difficult for him' and 'it's not his natural position'.

Mkay.

Just once, I think I'd like Brendan to say 'yes Balotelli was fucking shite, a complete waste of space and a disgrace to the shirt, which he then gave gave away.  To a cunt.  Frankly I have no fucking clue how he can even look at himself in the mirror each morning and if it was up to me I would spend the next training session kicking his bone idle fucking arse around Melwood until the shit fucking cunt wakes up and starts to at least pretend to earn his fucking wages instead of wandering around in a daze like a fucking Alzheimer's victim.

Or something along those lines.

• Upvote 3

This says it all really, from Rodgers's post-match comments:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/22/liverpool-mario-balotelli-shirt-real-madrid-pepe

So he thought we needed someone to occupy their centre halves a little more than the full international striker that we signed for £16m and felt that the best option was to assign that task to Raheem Sterling, despite the fact that it was 'difficult for him' and 'it's not his natural position'.

Mkay.

Just once, I think I'd like Brendan to say 'yes Balotelli was fucking shite, a complete waste of space and a disgrace to the shirt, which he then gave gave away.  To a cunt.  Frankly I have no fucking clue how he can even look at himself in the mirror each morning and if it was up to me I would spend the next training session kicking his bone idle fucking arse around Melwood until the shit fucking cunt wakes up and starts to at least pretend to earn his fucking wages instead of wandering around in a daze like a fucking Alzheimer's victim.

Or something along those lines.

To be fair to Balotelli, he hasn't got any chance of fitting in, and he knows it. It's not his problem - Rodgers must have convinced him it would work out. Something like "trust me, it'll work out"

Some of you guys need to calm the fuck down.

He is mediocre-shit. Not what we need. Certainly not what we should have bought.

He is not a 'cunt'. He is not at fault for all our ills this season. He's not the person who decided to spunk over £100m on either wrong type and/or calibre of player.

If Mario was our third striker last season as opposed to Aspas, we would have won the fucking title. And that is not because he is awesome, but because we were awesome and he is nowhere near as terrible as our shite team is making him look right now.

He just isn't the guy to take the responsibility to turn that around. And he never has been. Why anybody expected him to be anything like Suarez was for us is beyond me.

• Upvote 4

Counting down the days until he fucks off back to Italy on loan.

We won't but we should give him away for nothing in the summer just to get him out of here and off the wage bill, it'll mean £20 million has gone up in smoke but us burning money is nothing new, that's how we roll.