You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mario Balotelli

WhiskeyJar

I don't want to be too hard on him because of his tough childhood and nice personality but it's clear he never learnt the basics of being a footballer. From my amateur psychoanalysis chair it feels like the racism and rejection from parents forced him to hate and fear authority to such an extent that he rebelled against his own talent. Watching him slowly lose his mind every game is tragic. At best he's a fourth striker for a 6th-7th club, never good enough to be a 2nd choice for us. I'd take him out of the firing line fir a few weeks.

We are not seeing the best out of him at the moment.

Is that his fault, that he is better in a front two rather than a one, or that Rodgers isn't getting the best out of him?

The fact is that we are fifth, with Sturridge soon to come back. Give the lad a chance.

• Upvote 2

We are not seeing the best out of him at the moment.

Is that his fault, that he is better in a front two rather than a one, or that Rodgers isn't getting the best out of him?

The fact is that we are fifth, with Sturridge soon to come back. Give the lad a chance.

This two up front excuse is irritating, would having another striker make him score the sitter he missed? He dos'nt score enough goals, he dos'nt give enough assits, he never has and he never will.

So with another striker will he will stop missing open goals?

You can't make excuses for his performances so far, Dismal

Possibly. Maybe he'll feel less pressure when everyone isn't relying solely on him for goals.

They have been dismal performances, but he's been up top on his own. He looked decent when playing with Strurridge,

I thought his performance yesterday was absolutely disgusting.

There wasn't anything redeeming about it in any way.

True. He's the polar opposite of the type of player/personality I thought Brendan wanted at the club. I'll probably get slated for saying it, but I can't stand him. By January I'll hate his fucking guts.

Part of me feels sorry for him. It's not his fault the club chose not to or were unable to bring in a Sturridge backup striker . I've only ever viewed Balotelli as somebody to compliment Sturridge/backup when games suited two up front.

He's now struggling with the weight of being the main goalscorer on his shoulders and getting a lot of unfair criticism off fans. As bad as he's been he's still a better option, when Sturridge is out, than any other striker we have - and that's the problem for me.

If used correctly, I think he'd be a success here.

i actually think i hate him

a clueless,brainless,lazyitis selfish tit head

he actually looked gutted we scored yesterday because he didnt get one himself........atleast cheer your own club you fucking gobshite!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*their,i feel much better now and can hopefully get some sleep tonight

It sounds terrible but I think I hate him too, the only other Liverpool players I've felt like that about purely for their shitness and shithousery levels was Leonhardsen and Koncheski, not even Carroll elicited this level of ire.

In the cold light of day that performance yesterday was as shit as it gets. I have no sympathy for Balotelli. He is fucking dense and obviously can't comprehend or execute the simplest of instructions. Never mind excuses that he isn't a lone striker or he just needs a couple of goals , he should never have been bought and to continue playing him is just compounding the error. Smart people hold their hands up when they make a mistake and cut their losses,  

I don't get the hatred for him (or any other player for that matter).  He's not the sort of player to work tirelessly to find a yard of space.  Never has been.  He's a player who benefits from someone else doing the intelligent running and creating space.  No doubt Brendan thinks that Balotelli and Sturridge will work, otherwise why the hell buy him?

But while Sturridge is out, and Balotelli is effectively playing as a lone striker, why not change the setup of the team to give Balotelli - and the team - the best chance to succeed?  

I've never been a fan of Balotelli, but I can't understand how anyone can look at how we're set up and blame him for not leading the line.  If something is not working, why persist with it?  

• Upvote 1