You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs AC Milan (ICC2014 - 02/08/14)

Allan

Still don't know where Suso is going to get a game with us or what his best position is. He's the odd man out purely due to weight of numbers.

Three midfielder positions - Gerrard, Lallana, Can, Henderson, Allen, Lucas, Coutinho

Two Wide positions - Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Sterling and Ibe

Number 10 (if/when we play with one) - Coutinho, Lallana, Lambert (?)

His best chance looks like wide right but he's probably more suited to one of the three (two in reality as he's not going to play the deepest midfielder) midfield positions.

Still don't know where Suso is going to get a game with us or what his best position is. He's the odd man out purely due to weight of numbers.

Three midfielder positions - Gerrard, Lallana, Can, Henderson, Allen, Lucas, Coutinho

Two Wide positions - Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Sterling and Ibe

Number 10 (if/when we play with one) - Coutinho, Lallana, Lambert (?)

His best chance looks like wide right but he's probably more suited to one of the three (two in reality as he's not going to play the deepest midfielder) midfield positions.

He's basically Coutinho's understudy, I would have thought.

Thought Suso was brilliant in the build up to that goal too. My stream wasn't clear as usual but I thought it was Coutinho on the ball at first and not Suso. If he can carry doing well he might finally get the confidence he needs and get a decent bit of playing time next season. If he stays with us of course.

He's basically Coutinho's understudy, I would have thought.

If you were going to group the players by similar styles rather than positions on the pitch then he'd be in a group of three with Coutinho and Lallana as the players who can drift past players and pick a pass. Markovic Sterling and Ibe would be another group. Can, Lucas, Allen and Henderson another group and Gerrard on his own.

Every way I look at it he ends up the player who should be getting games but has too many players ahead of him to get any significant playing time (assuming no injuries and players ahead of him perform).

We're going to have more games this season, but it's not going to be that many games.