You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Becoming a dad for the first time

redheart

All the girls who come on our supporters coach are either big fat slags or big fat lesbians - I'm not having her being either!

I'd be happy if my daughter turned out to be a lesbian. Less of us fucking scoundrels to be dodging. Not fat though. She's 5 and knows more about eating healthily than I did at 22.

But yea she's glued to me. When I drop her off at her Mum's, her Mum opens her arms and says "Come give Mummy a big hug" and she just turns, grabs my leg as tight as she can, and sobs. It's heartbreaking.

• Upvote 1

I'm going off experience.

And I'd rather be a slag or lezzer than support somebody else! I'll take her a couple of times but I won't be getting her a ST anytime soon.

At least the other one of mine has some sense.

I'm only speaking up for her. You, however, may end up clinging on to those trips as the only remaining bit of sanity in your life

Just went for the 12 week scan today.

I'd love to say it was a life changing experience, but it really wasn't. The radiographer was an absolute mannerless slag that rushed through ultra sound in no more than 2 minutes. I was sitting at the end of the bed where the missus was and she didn't even acknowledge me in the slightest, what a bitch. She didn't explain a single thing. Literally said, "that's the heart beat, thats the head, now off you go"

I was expecting a big hoopla like you see on the TV, but it wasn't such a let down.

On the plus side, at least I know my flute works

12 week scan shows an outline and no more. It is still quite magical. We loved that one.

We had a real c*** of a nurse for the 28 week scan. Had a face like a slapped arse and an attitude to match. She ruined that one. So you have my sympathies.

I would advise getting one of the 4d Scans done. You can have them from around 28 weeks onwards. Best to leave until 32 weeks. You get to see a picture of the face and moving images. It really becomes real and changes an that point.

I got all emotional but in a manly and butch way

• 3 weeks later...

My mate was correct, they are little bastards, but that moment of joy everyday makes it worth while.

Thinking Pat may become a full kit wanker if we get to that half final thing in the north London / Brent area.

He's a bit small for it today, should be good by April and May 1553cd4f8da666f411ad8ad3954aa7b5.jpg37a6fb17626ad30b1c9426ba5fe28245.jpga319a26b6bb6535d883d54fb1d931409.jpg

• Upvote 4

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Good enough to eat...

....and in the middle of the night you wish you had

Ha! Ain't that the truth.

Ha! Ain't that the truth.

It was handed down to me from my Mum as 'in the morning you wish you had' but the middle of the night was always my lowest ebb. You're fit for nothing if you don get your sleep

My 3 year old and 10 month old both have colds. We were up until 2am with them last night and I was up at 6am for work. The urge to bang around the house to wake them up was incredible.

You'll get plenty of opportunities to get them back.  At least wait until they're aware that you're doing it.  

• Upvote 1

Just went for the 12 week scan today.

I'd love to say it was a life changing experience, but it really wasn't. The radiographer was an absolute mannerless slag that rushed through ultra sound in no more than 2 minutes. I was sitting at the end of the bed where the missus was and she didn't even acknowledge me in the slightest, what a bitch. She didn't explain a single thing. Literally said, "that's the heart beat, thats the head, now off you go"

I was expecting a big hoopla like you see on the TV, but it wasn't such a let down.

On the plus side, at least I know my flute works

You'll never completely rest again, they are your love, they are your life, and next to them nothing else matters.

My youngest (age 4) has since Friday scared the shit out of us by cutting the back of her head open, and had a vomiting bug that just won't quit and necessitated a trip back to A&E to make sure it had nowt to do with the head injury.

I can't concentrate at work, I can't eat or drink, just due to worrying about her.

I shouldn't have been allowed to procreate, I'm too much of a worrier / shitbag (delete as preferred!)!

• Upvote 1

You'll never completely rest again, they are your love, they are your life, and next to them nothing else matters.

My youngest (age 4) has since Friday scared the shit out of us by cutting the back of her head open, and had a vomiting bug that just won't quit and necessitated a trip back to A&E to make sure it had nowt to do with the head injury.

I can't concentrate at work, I can't eat or drink, just due to worrying about her.

I shouldn't have been allowed to procreate, I'm too much of a worrier / shitbag (delete as preferred!)!

I bet you can't wait until she brings a fella home :o

• 3 weeks later...