You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Becoming a dad for the first time

redheart

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats mate. Get registered for a baby swimming class.

Mine is just over 7 months now and well travelled. Paris and Lyon twice since October and a trip to Florida in a couple of weeks

Getting better every day and the moment. Sitting up, bashing and grabbing everything in sight and rolling over.

Cut her first 2 teeth which was grim as she had an upset stomach for about a week, it's a magical time.

Baby led weaning is great and her dexterity has come along so much since we started doing it.

Best thing I ever did. Here she is feeding herself (about 20% of her) yogurt.

Posted Image

• Upvote 2

Just went for the 12 week scan today.

I'd love to say it was a life changing experience, but it really wasn't. The radiographer was an absolute mannerless slag that rushed through ultra sound in no more than 2 minutes. I was sitting at the end of the bed where the missus was and she didn't even acknowledge me in the slightest, what a bitch. She didn't explain a single thing. Literally said, "that's the heart beat, thats the head, now off you go"

I was expecting a big hoopla like you see on the TV, but it wasn't such a let down.

On the plus side, at least I know my flute works

• Upvote 1

Just went for the 12 week scan today. I'd love to say it was a life changing experience, but it really wasn't. The radiographer was an absolute mannerless slag that rushed through ultra sound in no more than 2 minutes. I was sitting at the end of the bed where the missus was and she didn't even acknowledge me in the slightest, what a bitch. She didn't explain a single thing. Literally said, "that's the heart beat, thats the head, now off you go" I was expecting a big hoopla like you see on the TV, but it wasn't such a let down. On the plus side, at least I know my flute works

No you don't, you know your missus' womb works.

Only joking of course.

My lad was born last night (Thursday 5th February) at 22.40. The wee fella weighed it at 7 lbs 6 ounces.

I was manly throughout and never cried at all because I am a real manly bastard!

*sniffle*

Ha, wait till the sleep deprivation kicks in, you'll be crying then! 

Congratulations! 

Just went for the 12 week scan today.

I'd love to say it was a life changing experience, but it really wasn't. The radiographer was an absolute mannerless slag that rushed through ultra sound in no more than 2 minutes. I was sitting at the end of the bed where the missus was and she didn't even acknowledge me in the slightest, what a bitch. She didn't explain a single thing. Literally said, "that's the heart beat, thats the head, now off you go"

I was expecting a big hoopla like you see on the TV, but it wasn't such a let down.

On the plus side, at least I know my flute works

Its all shit to be honest, you're just along for the ride until you're needed. x 

Patrick Elliot. He's pretty cool tbh. We've been cruising the maternity wards for hot nurses already.

Babies are such a lady magnet. Enjoy the attention, we women run a mile when you've got a toddler. 

Congratulations, he's a keeper! 

You fucking cunts I miss being a father to young kids.

Jesus when they get older they drive you fucking mental at times.

My advice....do not teach them how to talk.

Or become mobile, its so much bloody harder to find them all once they start walking. 

• Upvote 1

ee414f4761c75661cf48c04ae61eddc5.jpg

Here's Frankie, coming up to 9 months. Has 6 teeth, eats like a horse, enjoys the f****all, loves music and in particular Alice In Chains and Pink Floyd lullabies.

There's not a moment that this kid does not make me smile. Even when he's got me awake at all mad hours.

He's even handling the transition of his mum going back to work very well too.

Me and his mother not so much. Our days have got longer and become even more tiring and spending less time with him but it makes the weekends and time we do get with him during the week even more special.

• Upvote 3