You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Becoming a dad for the first time

redheart

Well I started this thread.

Baby Redheart is due the first week in February. It is a little boy.

We had a 4D scan done and it was amazing to see his litle face. He looks just like me the lucky handsome devil. I cannot wait.

On a related note has anyone else turned into a pussy during their wife's pregnancy?

Thinks effect me more now and upset me more.

For example watchingh Interstellar effected me more than it would have done before.

I've not turned into a pussy yet, but I the sentimental arl get lurking beneath is surfacing for sure.

You will give them away when they are teenagers - attitude, know fucking everything about everything, think you are their personal ATM card etc. etc.

Still love the 3 little shits though.

We had a great evening over Christmas looking at videos of when they were young - folks it's well worth the effort - and you get a chance of a little payback.

You will give them away when they are teenagers - attitude, know fucking everything about everything, think you are their personal ATM card etc. etc.

Sounds like my fucking 2 year old!

Number 2 is 2 months old and has decided that she should stay up until midnight then still be waking up twice a night for feeds (her sister was sleeping through the night at 6 weeks old). My wife goes back to work tomorrow and I'm staying at home to look after them, I only have to survive a week before my parents are coming to help out but I'm fucking dreading it...even with 2 of us running around we don't seem to have enough hands to cope. I'm fucked.

Sounds like my fucking 2 year old!

Number 2 is 2 months old and has decided that she should stay up until midnight then still be waking up twice a night for feeds (her sister was sleeping through the night at 6 weeks old). My wife goes back to work tomorrow and I'm staying at home to look after them, I only have to survive a week before my parents are coming to help out but I'm fucking dreading it...even with 2 of us running around we don't seem to have enough hands to cope. I'm fucked.

Do a diary on here like stevebaby. It'll be hilarious. For us.

Seriously, you are the boss because if you arent in control when they're this age you never will be.

Go to it and dont forget each other

Seriously, you are the boss because if you arent in control when they're this age you never will be.

I've already accepted that Champ, I'm going to be living with three women from now on, so I'm fucked. I'm bottom of the food chain, even the bastard cat gets his breakfast before me. I'm fine with it though, my wife is spot on but my 2 year old (or Obergruppenführer as she's known around these parts) is developing some serious dictator tendencies, she's like a 3ft traffic warden. God help number 2 when she's old enough to be ordered about. As long as I've got a big enough tv and beer in the fridge I can deal with the rest.

• 1 month later...

My lad was born last night (Thursday 5th February) at 22.40. The wee fella weighed it at 7 lbs 6 ounces.I was manly throughout and never cried at all because I am a real manly bastard!*sniffle*

All the best. You are now a family!

And a proper grown up

My lad was born last night (Thursday 5th February) at 22.40. The wee fella weighed it at 7 lbs 6 ounces.

I was manly throughout and never cried at all because I am a real manly bastard!

*sniffle*

You should have cried then because you will in a few weeks time when you discover you get little or no nooky anymore :-(