You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Becoming a dad for the first time

redheart

5 hours ago, Juniper said:

Thanks mate

It's going to be whipped into shape as soon as it can hold some drumsticks as it's owes its dad, I've had to leave my band due to it!!

Going to rule it with drum lessons with an Iron Fist. 

Congratulations.

The more members of the drummers union, the better.

Great stuff Juniper, very pleased for you. It's such an exciting feeling and initially very difficult to keep a secret but I started to enjoy it being our little surprise by the time we were ready to tell people! Sly baby name research and looking up what size they are at what week was fun

6 hours ago, Juniper said:

Had our 12 week scan earlier this morning for our first child and the eventual heir to all my drums. We've been trying for years and thanks to the NHS it looks to be happening now, 

Greatest thing I've seen on a TV since The Wire, the little legend actually had its hands in the air and it's legs crossed to begin when we first saw it. Obviously has some good music on in there.

Even saw it stretch. Wasn't expecting to see it move (being our first I wasn't sure what to expect beforehand)

The greatest thing. Feel like I could run two marathons right now (obviously couldn't though)

Ah, so this explains the announcement on twitter the other day. Is right mate.

As has already been said, being a Dad is boss. Skids Jr is still as barmy and as much a pain in the arse as I was at his age (5), his first year in school has been challenging for us all, pushing ways I didn’t think were possible. But he’s getting there. Proud as fuck of him.

And Little Miss Skids, she’s just a dream. I’m be never been so besotted in my life. The joy she brings is mind blowing. Defo different when a girl comes along. 

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Congratulations.

The more members of the drummers union, the better.

Thanks Mook, I'll only have two rules for him/her: Must play the drums and must support a 'certain' sporting team.

46 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Great stuff Juniper, very pleased for you. It's such an exciting feeling and initially very difficult to keep a secret but I started to enjoy it being our little surprise by the time we were ready to tell people! Sly baby name research and looking up what size they are at what week was fun

Thanks Remmie, been quite easy to keep a secret up to this point as we only revealed it to close friends/family those months ago but it's just been tough not just letting it slip when talking about why we are doing work on the house/garden/looking to move....etc.

Going back in for Anakin if it's a boy as I got ruthlessly blocked by the other half that name when naming the dogs last year. We do already have a shortlist and that's been great fun.

Now we've reached the 12 week milestone we'll probably be more open in person to people now though.

37 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Ah, so this explains the announcement on twitter the other day. Is right mate.

Yeah, the band are based 80 odd miles away so music is taking a backseat, just not feasible really as I'm needed here now getting things in order/helping out and being there for the other half. Plus we've waiting so long for this I don't want to miss anything during the pregnancy. 

The band have been great through and are throwing me a big farewell/birthday gig next month, which is nice of them. Hence the post where I couldn't really say much without giving it away. 

Going to get absolutely wasted.

And it’s its first gig tonight as we’re off to watch KISS.

32 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

As has already been said, being a Dad is boss. Skids Jr is still as barmy and as much a pain in the arse as I was at his age (5), his first year in school has been challenging for us all, pushing ways I didn’t think were possible. But he’s getting there. Proud as fuck of him.

And Little Miss Skids, she’s just a dream. I’m be never been so besotted in my life. The joy she brings is mind blowing. Defo different when a girl comes along. 

Fantastic, Glad to hear all is going well for you all then mate! Great to hear your lad is also doing well now also.  

Long may it all continue for you all.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Are you bollocks ! I'm 6.1 (when I'm stood up straight) and I'm about a foot taller than you ! Turdseye was stood taller than you ! 

Er, Yeah I definitely am but don’t forgot we were all stood near Dan, so anyone looks smaller when stood near him.

7 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Without being a Dad I can’t fully understand your joy...but I can still remember going for a beer with my brother  and him not being able to keep it a secret his missus was 2 weeks pregnant after 3 years of trying. 

Think I was almost as excited as he was. 

How mental is that...

Just has my brother pop round for a few beers and inform me Joy is pregnant again. 

4 years of trying and 3 miscarriages. 

We had had a beer for you too JNP. 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Superb news Juniper! 

Thanks Karl!

22 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

How mental is that...

Just has my brother pop round for a few beers and inform me Joy is pregnant again. 

4 years of trying and 3 miscarriages. 

We had had a beer for you too JNP. 

Absolutely brilliant, must be something in the air. Great news!

(Enjoy that beer for me as I’m driving tonight)

Congrats to you all!!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, Karl_b said:

If anyone can find evidence on this here forum of me saying that 1) I'd never get married and 2) I'd never have kids then they're an outright liar. Baby_b due in November. Holy. Moly.

Congratulations.

Goodbye, peace and quiet.

3 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

If anyone can find evidence on this here forum of me saying that 1) I'd never get married and 2) I'd never have kids then they're an outright liar. Baby_b due in November. Holy. Moly.

Out of rep but congratulations !

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Get some, get some. 

Awesome news Karl.

• Upvote 2

On 18/05/2021 at 19:44, Karl_b said:

Enjoy your sleep until then.  Saviour every last minute of unbroken sleep you can get. 

Worth it entirely though, best feeling ever.  It'll be a sad day when she grows too big to sleep on my chest.  Even Monday mornings don't seem so bad when I'm busting my balls for my daughter. 

That said, I can't fucking wait until she's sleeping through the night. 

• Upvote 1