You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Becoming a dad for the first time

redheart

Last 5 nights mines kipped from about 10pm to 6am. Don't know what to do with all this energy I have!

Tom is spot on about routines being bollocks. After 3 weeks we stopped waking her to feed her and everything has worked itself out.

Advice from a new Dad? Never cut corners on burping. It'll result in a vomit

My sister has nippers who are now grown up.

I used to feed and burp them and occasionally change nappies. On one feeding occasion I burped my nephew, though he was finished and then help him up above my face and said "aren't you a clever boy"

Naturally he vomited right into my face and mouth.

Still it was apple and peach and it was still quite warm! lol

• Upvote 1

Ha! Nice redheart!

I was left alone with the baby for about 4 hours yesterday. The longest I've gone. Coped quite well, took her to see great-Nan in the granny-flats and she got made a fuss of. Why do old people always say 'makes you wonder how anyone could hurt them' all the time? Proper dark.

Home for a bottle and even dealt with s huge shit on my own.

I basically haven't stopped going on about how well I did to my missus who does it every day. I'm a super Dad

• Upvote 1

I love reading this thread.  One of mine is just about to leave for Uni, and the other is a year behind.  

You lot have got sooooo much to look forward to.  Just enjoy every minute, even the bad ones.  Relax, don't forget to laugh, and tell them how much you love them.  Regularly.  

Piece of piss.  

How the fuck have you managed to get away with seven weeks?!?

I managed about 10 days before the missus decided enough was enough and went out.

They're a piece of piss at that age. Eat, sleep, shit. Rinse and repeat...

I took the 2 weeks off but she had an emergency c sec so couldn't really do much. When I went back to work her ma stayed for a while so she went out with her. When I'm in work by the time I'm home they're both settled down so she doesn't want to go out at that point unless it's us together.

It's only really been the last week or so Shes even driving and feeling up to popping out solo.

This Tues she's 'going for lunch' with the girls so imagine she'll be smashed so I'll be super Dad again no doubt!

• Upvote 1

I love reading this thread. One of mine is just about to leave for Uni, and the other is a year behind.

You lot have got sooooo much to look forward to. Just enjoy every minute, even the bad ones. Relax, don't forget to laugh, and tell them how much you love them. Regularly.

Piece of piss.

You'll be a Grandad before you know it.

• 2 weeks later...

Girls are definitely worse and noisy as fuck, far more demanding too. We've got two, our first lad slept through from early on and was great, no dummy. Our new little girl cannot sleep without a dummy so although it's difficult persist and do not give them one would be my advice. That being said two babies are never the same, I just miss sleep. Even if the kids were to stay out I can't sleep in anymore!

How's everyone getting on?

8 weeks yesterday since my baby girl was born. She's seen sleeping through the night since 6+1/2 and is smiling, chattering away and starting to cause chaos now she's noticed those things that are sticking out of her torso are hers and she can flail them wildly.

ba2yvery.jpg

You've done well on the sleeping there mate, you lucky fucker. Me and missus were walking round like zombies for the first 5 months.

My daughter has a habit of repeating everything that's said to her, she was trying to pick something up the other day and the wife said "it's struck darling" now, every time she can't move, or can't pick something she shouts "stuck darling" it's brilliant.

My first kid, a boy, is a pain in the arse. He runs in our room of a night, kicks and turns on the bed and wants to get up at 5am to play Thomas the tank engine. He turns 3 in a few weeks.

My 4 month old on the other hand, a girl, is boss. She doesn't whinge, hardly cries and sleeps from 7.30pm right through to 8am.

Kids are boss.

• Upvote 1

I'm preparing well for late Feb early March by busily spending any cash I have now before the baby comes.

Holiday in Macedonia, Kosovo and Montenegro next week for 2/3 weeks.

Organising a few piss up while er indoors is at a hen do next week.

Organising a long weekend pampering away for her in Nov/Dec cos I'm a creeping cunt.

Also popping home to Liverpool at some point before crimbo to see family at catch a few seats at the unmentionable. May need some help there ?

All in all I'm coping by spending everything I've got, cramming it in now before I'm a sleepless shell of a man who has pictures of his kid where his money used to be.

Can't complain tbh, fucking loving it.

• 4 weeks later...

How're all the newbies getting on? 12 weeks today. Fuck me how time has gone.

Baby is babbling, smiling at everything and loves a raspberry being blown.

Still sleeping through from about 9-8 now. Glorious. Loving every day.

Tips I want to share:

kiddiecare nappies are ace

Everyone should have a v-tech projector lullaby thing

Microwave sterilizing is so much better than cold water sterilizing

Asda basic plastic backed bibs are boss

You can never have too many bibs/babywipes

Hope everyone and their sprogs are ruling like the Dangerously household

All going ace cheers Paulie. 17 weeks this Sunday. Piece. Of. Piss.

Sleeps from 6:30 to 7:15 (odd wake up to stick his dummy back in)

9 oz of milk each bottle. But has decided to not have his bottle before bed.

Can lie on his stomach no problem.

Extremely vocal. Shouta "Hey!" Of a morning when he wakes up.

Growing like a motherfucker.

He's just cool as fuck.

Guest Pistonbroke

Girls are definitely worse and noisy as fuck, far more demanding too. We've got two, our first lad slept through from early on and was great, no dummy. Our new little girl cannot sleep without a dummy so although it's difficult persist and do not give them one would be my advice. That being said two babies are never the same, I just miss sleep. Even if the kids were to stay out I can't sleep in anymore!

Opposite for us, our first child was a girl and she was a doddle until she was about 14 and her hormones kicked in. Slept through the night from 8 until 6 as a baby, was off the dummy quick, same with potty training. Both the lads who followed were a pain in the arse. 

All of my girls had kits, I've got a cracking picture of all 3 of them in the white away kit of around 2003 think it was. The youngest being about 4 months at the time. Do it Paulie, you look back at pictures and you know what kid it was because you recognise the kit for whatever year.  

I was yesterday informed I was the greatest mum ever, all it took was a £40 xbox game. My word of advice, you don't have to do much, and you can buy their love. I've also not seen the child since 4pm yesterday. Win/Win. 

• Upvote 1

All going ace cheers Paulie. 17 weeks this Sunday. Piece. Of. Piss.

Sleeps from 6:30 to 7:15 (odd wake up to stick his dummy back in)

9 oz of milk each bottle. But has decided to not have his bottle before bed.

Can lie on his stomach no problem.

Extremely vocal. Shouta "Hey!" Of a morning when he wakes up.

Growing like a motherfucker.

He's just cool as fuck.

Glad to hear it skidders. I think once the initial shock to the system goes you're pretty laughing.

Mine doesn't take a dummy. Just won't entertain it 90% of the time. Quite happy to chew on her fist though

• Upvote 1

Didnt know how to break it to you GF but dennis is having a milk tooth. I had been looking forward nervously but then I read this thread and Im making a mistake arent I? She is asleep next to me, what you say I could end it all for them both now, just need a little advice really, I wasnt planning on murder and going to jail but having just read this thread its a bit shit by the sound of it, would i be better off getting into buttplugs or other sexual niches Im not sure about this impregery debauchery? Thoughts?

You're obviously a bit confused dude and it seems like you don't want to stay with the lass you're with? Anyhow don't do the wrong thing. That baby will be the best thing that ever happened to you trust me. Hard work, yes. But well worth it.

• 2 months later...

21 weeks tomorrow mine is. Can't believe where the time has gone.

Smiling, laughing, shuffling, shouting, babbling, grabbing stuff with purpose. Amazing the changes she's has just since the last time I posted.

First holiday last weekend to France to see her 91yo great grandma and the French family. She was good as gold on the plane and over there.

Sleeping about 10-12 solid hours a night now. We're jammy bastards we reckon. We play the NESW game in the mornings trying to guess which way she'll be pointing when she wakes up.

We go baby swimming and she's such a champ.

Fatherhood is fucking brilliant

Edit: anyone,s babs having teething problems swerve the gels and get the powder. It's miracle stuff