You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adidas Trainers

evv

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

Actually started to turn off Adidas a bit, for the price the quality on the last couple pairs I’ve bought are a lot to be desired.

Bought a couple pairs of Puma Smash Suede V2’s recently and along with being some of the comfiest trainees I’ve bought they are more than half the price.

The Suede is really good quality also. 

Can get a pair, with delivery, for less than £40

Still have a nice Adidas collection but for everyday wear to work/drumming/walking the dogs I’m going with the Pumas for now as I don’t mind if they get some wear and tear as much.

EDD6CBAF-595A-4767-A28F-6F555EB0D1FC.jpeg

that's some brexit style shit that man, never go rudi.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

Now these are apparently made of nubuck and the sole isn't white but they are a Size exclusive and the last ones were fucking terrible 

TT_N_B_Blog_960x640_09-1.jpg

They look better than the last ones but the shape of the uppers still looks a bit turd, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Trimm Trabs look like remedial shoes.

You need to have been a teenager in 1980's Liverpool to love Trimm Trabb and other 80's specials like Columbia & Galaxy. They looked briliant with flares. I used to love Wade Smith almost as much as Bo Derek back then.

Wade Smith for those who don't know - https://www.80scasualclassics.co.uk/blog/wade-smith-liverpool-adidas/

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve got those Gazelles in dark grey. The tongues on them are shite. I hate them. 

I need something new to go with shorts for the summer. 

Bingo.

Every cunt I know is wearing them but they have the plastic tongues of a pair of 1980 football boots, and not in a good way.

What’sitallaboot?

2 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Bingo.

Every cunt I know is wearing them but they have the plastic tongues of a pair of 1980 football boots, and not in a good way.

What’sitallaboot?

Fuck knows. It wouldn’t be so bad if they were at least the same colour as the rest of the shoe but the fact that they’re white makes them even worse. 

29 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Adidas have gone impossibly shit, don't like any of the new trainers they put out, the originals will always be what they are but Nike are destroying them at the moment.

What current Nike trainees do you like, mate?

I used to like a lot of Nike stuff in the late 80s and early 90s, but couldn’t wear some of them, Air Max etc. nowadays. I would, however, wear these. I’d swap the laces for navy ones.

Nike Air Tailwind ‘79

F60455C1-F8A9-49DE-8457-E2F0E7813D35.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

What current Nike trainees do you like, mate?

I used to like a lot of Nike stuff in the late 80s and early 90s, but couldn’t wear some of them, Air Max etc. nowadays. I would, however, wear these. I’d swap the laces for navy ones.

Nike Air Tailwind ‘79

F60455C1-F8A9-49DE-8457-E2F0E7813D35.jpeg

Agree with you there Tone, I think the current range of Nike trainers that all the young’uns are wearing are horrific. 

I too loved 1980s Nike trainers as stocked in Jack Sharp. 

Nike Wally Waffle

5D5DFB9E-D12A-4E53-BCD1-EA033AFD68C8.jpeg

Nike Pegasus

8520EED8-1553-4C49-957B-C12DBE13A92E.jpeg

The last pair of Nike I owned were a pair of Nike Internationalist (I’m a sucker for blue and yellow trainers).

C8620905-9E6F-4A99-B802-2F805D7B0B1D.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Agree with you there Tone, I think the current range of Nike trainers that all the young’uns are wearing are horrific. 

I too loved 1980s Nike trainers as stocked in Jack Sharp. 

Nike Wally Waffle 

5D5DFB9E-D12A-4E53-BCD1-EA033AFD68C8.jpeg

Nike Pegasus 

8520EED8-1553-4C49-957B-C12DBE13A92E.jpeg

Pegasus ‘83s are boss. I bought a couple of pairs (middle two) of reissues about ten years ago.

6CF555F2-20AC-4B45-9BC0-738C95916627.jpeg

• Upvote 1