You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

Perfect, just in time for him to drop a clanger against City.

It's almost like he has mastered the art of speaking out and putting the spotlight on himself just before a high profile match. It's then a no-win situation. No mistake and no-one really mentions him. Big clanger and he proves his own point.

Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren has hit out at critics, claiming he is unfairly victimised for his mistakes, and is a ‘big player’.

Lovren has played excellently in patches this season, but has also made high-profile errors. He was at fault for goals in defeats to Manchester United and Tottenham.

However, the Croatian believes that people refuse to look at his good points, in favour of piling criticism upon him.

“Everyone makes mistakes, but I play one bad game in 18 and everyone says, ‘Look, look, look.’ Why? I don’t deserve that,” Lovren said as part of an interview with Jonathan Northcroft of The Times. “People don’t see me in the ‘small’ games. They see 5-0 against Porto but nobody sees my part.”

“I did it straightaway after Spurs when I was in that record of 18 games unbeaten. Big players don’t need six or seven games; big players in the next game prove you wrong. But some people don’t care about that Dejan. They’re just searching for the next mistake.”

Lovren credits Jurgen Klopp for his management, believing he has helped him improve as a player, but also as a person.

“Well, not [i wasn’t happy with him] when he took me out at Spurs. Then, I was fuming,” Lovren said. “But after, when we spoke. It took a couple of days then he invited me into his room.

“I wanted answers but he said positive things. He said, ‘If you just think about yourself like I think about you, you will be one of the best players in the world.’

“You know maybe, it’s sometimes just that my self-confidence disappears in some moments. And he believes in me, you know? And I believe in him.

“Sometimes, I’m a person who thinks ‘Ah, I’m really good.’ But other times I think, ‘Ah, I did that. I’m not good enough.’

“He says always be level, but it’s difficult. You have sometimes self-confidence, sometimes not; sometimes good moods, sometimes not.”

Great! Our big, hard center half whining about people calling him names.

Foot stamping and breath holding next...

And that's a win to the lottery winners. Will the stupid fucking idiot ever shut up.

Retarded idiot that Lovren. Hope Klopp haven't told him for real he can be the best in the world, must have been one hell of an Aprils fools joke.

• Downvote 1

Traits of top players -

Talks about being a top player.

Talks about playing well in small games.

Moans about people pointing out he's been shite in big games.

Doesn't understand why people aren't patting him on the back after half a dozen decent games.

Says he’s a big player but nobody sees it in the smaller games like the Porto 5-0, he’s a Centre Back the retard! Obviously nobody is going to say he played well because he had hardly anything to do, I could have played that game and it still would have been 5-0. They only mention him fucking up in the big games because that’s what he normally does.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He should shut up for a while , but he has a point. There are lots of fans who love him making mistakes so they can wallow in their hate for him.

Can't disagree with this strongly enough.

In point of fact, it's precisely because I hate what happens to the team I love whenever he's out there making mistakes that makes me "wallow in my hate for him."

It's a pity. I do think he is the better option to partner VVD for this season but he really doesn't help himself with these interviews.

He just comes across as being so mentally fragile the more we read these things he says, despite him protesting to the contrary. Really hope he doesn't make another big error if he plays on Wednesday because I think so many of us are already sick of this pattern of him blurting things to the press just before Liverpool play.

Fair play to him for last night. He was very very good. Now just keep your trap shut for the next few weeks and let your performances do the talking.

He was good except for their 'goal'. The defence kept a good line and Lovren actually played him onside pretty much by staying slightly behind Virgil. Got away with that one but overall a big influence in defence, obviously not as big as the aforementioned.

I am OK with Dejan. We have had much worse in the centre-half position - he is prone to make a mistake but he is good enough.

would you say the same if he went full Dejan in the second leg. He's not good enough as he is an accident waiting to happen. The problem is currently he's all we've got to partner Virgil.

would you say the same if he went full Dejan in the second leg. He's not good enough as he is an accident waiting to happen. The problem is currently he's all we've got to partner Virgil.

The problem is when everyone is fit he’s still the bes we’ve got. We need better.