Quantcast
Dejan Lovren - Page 91 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Dejan Lovren

I'm a long way from being Lovren's greatest fan but I don't think he was really to blame for the first goal. He lost the challenge but nobody wins every challenge against a big opposition forward who is good in the air. That's like blaming a forward for not scoring from every chance.

The second goal he was partly to blame as he could have done better but so could Can, VVD and Trent.

We needed to defend better as a team. We knew where the ball was heading from De Gea but nobody took responsibility for helping to handle Lukaku. I'm more pissed off with Can than Lovren.

• Upvote 1

I think the point with Lovren especially with the first goal is he’s either just thick as shit or he’s got too big an ego and thinks he can beat Lukaku in the air, he’s either too thick in that he’s charging up to win a ball that he had no chance of winning when he could have been a bit cuter and faked into challenging Lukaku and immediately dropped off to pick up the loose ball or his ego tells him he’s better than him in the air and thinks he can win every header against him, which we all knew Lukaku would dominate him all game. He could have even called Can over to stand in front of him from goal kicks etc but didn’t.

Mourinho said he asked Lukaku what he thought his chances of bullying Lovren were before the game and he knew he could so that’s why he stuck to him, we seen what Virgil did to him whenever he went near him. Despite his mistakes I honestly think Lukaku would have done a lot more damage to Matip overall than he did to Lovren because Matip is weak as piss.

No one deserves death threats over a football game and anyone doing so deserves a whack, it was a game of football. If people can’t take losing to the extent they start tweeting his family again I don’t think being a football fan is for them.

Death threats are stupid.  It's not his fault he's still at Liverpool when he's proved to be shite years ago.

This fucking eejit starting is why such a low spend over the last three years is so disgusting.  He's not premier league standard.

I do wonder if you’d be defending Matip this much if he had made the fuck ups

No, cos as mentioned, I didn’t think they were fuck-ups. I don’t have an agenda. I just call things as I see it.

I think the problem is that it’s clearly not that easy to find centre halves who don’t make these mistakes. It’s cost us 75m to sign one of the best and even he has had a couple of mistakes. It’s time we tried someone else because Lovren isn’t getting these mistakes out of his system but I think it’s understandable why he’s still here.

Did Lovren even challenge Bukaku for the first goal? If i remember correct Lovren just watched him jump up and get a free headder without doing anything.

I'm probably going to regret this as I am honestly not looking for one of the arguments I like to watch happen on here, but where and when did I say that? Terrible paraphrasing mate.

I did say 'at the most'

His biggest problem of all is that he thinks he's a lot better than he actually is. If his ability matched his opinion of his ability he would be a good partner for van Dijk. As things stand, he can not be truly trusted to deliver a good performance where it really counts so to have him as backup would leave us vulnerable to his mishaps if his replacement weren't available. He needs to be replaced and removed from being available for selection as he's simply not good enough. Same as Mignlet and arguably same as Moreno.

Thankfully Klopp has seen the light with Pear-Boy, hopefully the others will fall the same way.

• Upvote 2

I'm a long way from being Lovren's greatest fan but I don't think he was really to blame for the first goal. He lost the challenge but nobody wins every challenge against a big opposition forward who is good in the air. That's like blaming a forward for not scoring from every chance.

The second goal he was partly to blame as he could have done better but so could Can, VVD and Trent.

We needed to defend better as a team. We knew where the ball was heading from De Gea but nobody took responsibility for helping to handle Lukaku. I'm more pissed off with Can than Lovren.

Yep, very good reasoning there. One or two players regularly seem to get easy rides for their mistakes or not winning challenges they should have done while one or two are the regular whipping boys.

I'm sorry but no. You can't contest a header 20 yards ahead of the back line like that just because you think you might be able to win it. Do you think Chiellini or Godin would just dart out and break rank for something as stupid as that? Never in a million years.

You hold the line and you deal with the second ball. You don't leave everyone exposed on some vigilante run into central midfield. You know what it reminded me of? David Luiz vs Germany. No positional awareness whatsoever.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry but no. You can't contest a header 20 yards ahead of the back line like that just because you think you might be able to win it. Do you think Chiellini or Godin would just dart out and break rank for something as stupid as that? Never in a million years.

You hold the line and you deal with the second ball. You don't leave everyone exposed on some vigilante run into central midfield. You know what it reminded me of? David Luiz vs Germany. No positional awareness whatsoever.

So, you're saying Lovren is worth £50m?

I'm sorry but no. You can't contest a header 20 yards ahead of the back line like that just because you think you might be able to win it. Do you think Chiellini or Godin would just dart out and break rank for something as stupid as that? Never in a million years.

Didn’t Vidic get caught under the ball against us that game he got sent sent off?

He’s a liability, that double challenge on Screech in the second half sums him up better than anything.

Also has a rather unwanted habit of appearing in self congratulatory interviews the same week before shite performances. You’d think that someone at the club may have noticed this by now and kept him out of the line of fire.

• Upvote 1

Didn’t Vidic get caught under the ball against us that game he got sent sent off?

You’re comparing European Cup & multiple league title winner Nemanja Vidic with Dejan Lovren? You’re nuts. Lovren is rank garbage, he’s cost us dozens of points before and no doubt will cost more before he leaves. A sack of OCD-complex tinged forum posts won’t change that.

• Upvote 1

You’re comparing European Cup & multiple league title winner Nemanja Vidic with Dejan Lovren? You’re nuts. Lovren is rank garbage, he’s cost us dozens of points before and no doubt will cost more before he leaves. A sack of OCD-complex tinged forum posts won’t change that.

He asked for examples. I gave him one and I’m nuts?

Questionable temperament. Poor decision making. A million miles from what we need.

I'd prefer Klavan when available to either Lovren or Matip. Klavan's a very limited player but is aware of this and doesn't try to go beyond his limitations. Lovren positionally particularly is a liability, it's just a matter of time before he and our defence are completely caught out.

• Upvote 3

I'm sorry but no. You can't contest a header 20 yards ahead of the back line like that just because you think you might be able to win it. Do you think Chiellini or Godin would just dart out and break rank for something as stupid as that? Never in a million years.

Have to agree with Boss here. It also raises my biggest tactical problem with Klopp in that I think we will always fall short without a dedicated defensive midfield player. Whoever mentioned using Can to mark Lukaku from those long balls while our defence holds its line has a great point,imagine if Matic was there pressuring that flick on,it wouldn't have been a problem. Klopp will always defend his players,its how a good manager behaves but you'd like to think that in private he and his staff our scouting a few centre halves to partner VVD long term and have lost patience with Lovren.