You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

Fucking hell what moron doesn’t realise that Lukaku would have just stuck with Lovren had he swapped with Van Dijk, to even suggest that’s what should have happened is pathetic. Someone’s said Carragher also said it! He should know better but he’s revelling in putting the boot in at any opportunity to one of ours.

It seems to have gone completely over your head that they were targeting Trent as much as Lovren. Having the pair of them on the same side is what cost us the two goals. Van Dijk didn’t get beaten in the air once all game including the times he challenged Lukaku. If De Gea twats it down the other side Mata hasn’t got the pace to get in behind. Wake the fuck up.

It would help to have both of your centre backs be aggressive and decent in the air rather than just one. I'd much rather have had Klavan in there personally. In terms of the header by Lukaku for the first goal,Lovren was never going to win it but a clever defender would have realised that,dropped off and helped defend the second ball. Its his decision making that constantly lets him down and it shows up over and over and often in big games particularly. I was hoping he would be shepherded out of the door after the spurs fiasco but its come back to cost us once again.

It would help to have both of your centre backs be aggressive and decent in the air rather than just one. I'd much rather have had Klavan in there personally. In terms of the header by Lukaku for the first goal,Lovren was never going to win it but a clever defender would have realised that,dropped off and helped defend the second ball. Its his decision making that constantly lets him down and it shows up over and over and often in big games particularly. I was hoping he would be shepherded out of the door after the spurs fiasco but its come back to cost us once again.

Lovren is aggressive and he is generally decent in the air. He just come up against somebody who was better than him today. He’s had Lukaku off before and there was a bit of needle in the game last time between them if you remember. I reckon they’ve both built it up in their heads and unfortunately it’s worked in Lukakus favour.

I like Klavan but he’s not as good as Lovren and he would have had his own issues today. I think you’re right about the rest of it though. Lovren just doesn’t read situations well sometimes and it always tends to happen in big games. Not every big game but enough of them for it to be an issue. Klavan may have read that situation better and dropped off but his lack of pace would have been exposed probably more so.

We all thought that Spurs game would be the end of him. I think today might be his Mignolet moment with Klopp because with Van Dijk next to him he should have been the guy to be looking after Trent. Instead he let him get exposed because he can’t even look after his own game. I’d be putting Matip in now and doing what he’s done with Karius.

• Upvote 1

Lovren is aggressive and he is generally decent in the air. He just come up against somebody who was better than him today. He’s had Lukaku off before and there was a bit of needle in the game last time between them if you remember. I reckon they’ve both built it up in their heads and unfortunately it’s worked in Lukakus favour.

I like Klavan but he’s not as good as Lovren and he would have had his own issues today. I think you’re right about the rest of it though. Lovren just doesn’t read situations well sometimes and it always tends to happen in big games. Not every big game but enough of them for it to be an issue. Klavan may have read that situation better and dropped off but his lack of pace would have been exposed probably more so.

We all thought that Spurs game would be the end of him. I think today might be his Mignolet moment with Klopp because with Van Dijk next to him he should have been the guy to be looking after Trent. Instead he let him get exposed because he can’t even look after his own game. I’d be putting Matip in now and doing what he’s done with Karius.

Yeah. I don't think Matip has been great but I think he reads the game well and is good on the ball. Alongside VVD he has the attributes to create a decent partnership until better may arrive. As for Lovren's aggression,he shows it in the wrong way rather than channeling it into improving his game. He usually gets aggressive after he's fucked it up enough for it not to matter.

I get that he has limitations, big ones even, as a footballer, but how is he a cunt?

1) blaming being shit on sakho speaking poor English

2) blaming being shit on a period of taking anti inflammatories

3) blaming being shit on a burglary at his home which happened 10 days after the end of his shit spell which culminated in him being dropped for ages

4) talking constant shite in the press

5) telling the fans that he had proved them wrong

6) strutting about like he is Maldini, Moore and Baresi rolled into one

Didn't miss two headers today that led to goals, though, did he?

Welcome to the point.

Yeah I’m afraid it’s not as simplistic as you think Strontium Dog. A good insight from Klopp below re the goals below.

“You can always lose a header and challenge with Lukaku, of course. There's a gap in behind and we need to close that. In these situations, we were not there. So they could score the two goals and that made the game not easy."

I had hopes that Virgil would pick him up. It seemed so the first few times, but Lovren will be Lovren apparently. Targeted and destroyed yesterday completely. He doesn't own a football brain, and him being cuckolded half the time doesn't help either. We desperatly need another defender as Matip is pretty poor aswell, but he will at least be a decent backup.