You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

I'm telling you what actually happened. You're telling me what you secretly hoped would have happened because you care more about being proven right on the internet than anything else. That's the only conclusion I can draw.

Not really true is it? “The opposing manager's entire offensive plan was to target him on goal kicks” is a wild speculation on your part. If that is true then it wouldn’t have stopped after half an hour, no? I would have loved for Matip’s signing to have worked out. He just hasn’t been good enough. As I posted earlier he struggled badly against an inferior player in Arnatuovic. I doubt he would’ve done better against a world class striker in Lukaku.

Not really true is it? “The opposing manager's entire offensive plan was to target him on goal kicks” is a wild speculation on your part. If that is true then it wouldn’t have stopped after half an hour, no? 

Oh my post is wild speculation, but confidently saying Matip would've been as bad as Lovren, that's defo not wild speculation, no sir. 

Mourinho correctly stuck Lukaku on Lovren and all it took were two long balls to make him look like shit. Those are facts. You're the one speculating. 

Oh that's wild speculation, but confidently saying Matip would've been as atrociously shite as Lovren, who is a known bottler, that's defo not wild speculation, no sir.

Mourinho correctly stuck Lukaku on Lovren and all it took were two long balls to make him look like shit. Those are facts. You're the one speculating.

There were two aerial challenges that Lukaku won against Lovren all game. Here’s 3 Stacks conclusion “The opposing manager's entire offensive plan was to target him on goal kicks”. Lols.

100% they targeted lovren as he has history of breaking the line to go for shit he cant win and leaving a gap behind him. Sunday league tactics

He went with Lovren simply because Lovren’s not as good as Van Dijk in the air. It would’ve been the same had we started with Matip, as he too isn’t as good as Van Dijk in the air I would’ve thought. Do you think Lukaku would’ve gone with Van Dijk instead?

A good insight from Klopp here.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/liverpool/story/3413829/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-errors-allowed-manchester-united-to-win

"We have to protect these situations better. We were not around. You can always lose a header and challenge with Lukaku, of course. There's a gap in behind and we need to close that. In these situations, we were not there. So they could score the two goals and that made the game not easy."

Carragher mentioned it after the game, it’s pride. Lovren isn’t going to say to Van Dijk “swap positions with me mate he’s having off here.” You could say Van Dijk should be telling him to swap. For all we know that might have happened but he refused. For me that sort of thing needs to come from Klopp and in the game quickly.

I think it’s Klopp’s biggest downside. He doesnt react to things which are going badly quickly enough in games. It was blindingly obvious they were twatting it long to Lukaku looking for a flick on to Rashford and it was working because of the personnel we had combating it.

It such a simple game sometimes. Klopp quite brilliantly complicates it. He makes it difficult for other teams with the way he attacks and presses teams. Today though there was nothing complicated about swapping the cb positions. Van Dijk is a great signing to combat what most teams do in response to the press. We should have been using him better today.

Carragher mentioned it after the game, it’s pride. Lovren isn’t going to say to Van Dijk “swap positions with me mate he’s having off here.” You could say Van Dijk should be telling him to swap. For all we know that might have happened but he refused. For me that sort of thing needs to come from Klopp and in the game quickly.

I think it’s Klopp’s biggest downside. He doesnt react to things which are going badly quickly enough in games. It was blindingly obvious they were twatting it long to Lukaku looking for a flick on to Rashford and it was working because of the personnel we had combating it.

It such a simple game sometimes. Klopp quite brilliantly complicates it. He makes it difficult for other teams with the way he attacks and presses teams. Today though there was nothing complicated about swapping the cb positions. Van Dijk is a great signing to combat what most teams do in response to the press. We should have been using him better today.

Lukaku played as a lone striker. He would’ve just followed Lovren.

Loving the "he only got done twice" shouts.

United mounted about five attacks all game! Two of them they won crucial headers against Lovren who wasn't anywhere near them, and one of them he was about five yards behind our line and played Mata onside for a near-certain goal (which he managed to put wide because he didn't know how much time he had).

So, out of five United attacks, Lovren made crucial mistakes for three of them. But sure, keep telling yourself that "he only lost two headers." Sure, but he only had two to make. If United hadn't totally gone into their shell in the second half he might have missed five or ten instead.

• Upvote 5

Loving the "he only got done twice" shouts.

United mounted about five attacks all game! Two of them they won crucial headers against Lovren who wasn't anywhere near them, and one of them he was about five yards behind our line and played Mata onside for a near-certain goal (which he managed to put wide because he didn't know how much time he had).

So, out of five United attacks, Lovren made crucial mistakes for three of them. But sure, keep telling yourself that "he only lost two headers." Sure, but he only had two to make. If United hadn't totally gone into their shell in the second half he might have missed five or ten instead.

As per Klopp’s comments above, losing an aerial challenge against Lukaku isn’t even a mistake, let alone a “crucial mistake”. He won four headers to Lukaku’s two overall.

As per Klopp’s comments above, losing an aerial challenge against Lukaku isn’t even a mistake, let alone a “crucial mistake”. He won four headers to Lukaku’s two overall.

He rushed out to no mans land and left a huge gap behind him mate. If you go, you need to win it. It was a mistake he makes over and over.

Please Jurgen bin this fucker off for good now. Apart from the 2 goals he almost gifted Mata a third when he dropped back when Van Dijk pushed up with Robertson to play offside. Full backs take their position from their centre halves so TAA stayed level with Lovren while Robertson stayed level with VVD,both doing the right thing,unfortunately Deadhead Dejan had dropped 10 yards further back than VVD. I would rather have Matip or Klavan,even Gomez at CH than Lovren as he is just a stupid footballer(may be an intelligent man off the field) but has little game intelligence,whereas VVD does.

• Upvote 1

Seriously wasting time arguing over Lovren.  He's shite.  Better than Maguire admittedly but shite none the less and guess what he always has been from Lyon all the way to Us and no doubt wherever he was before he moved to Lyon.

Seriously wasting time arguing over Lovren. He's shite. Better than Maguire admittedly but shite none the less and guess what he always has been from Lyon all the way to Us and no doubt wherever he was before he moved to Lyon.

He’s not better than Maguire. Harry Maguire was an early contender of signing of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJR4sonPxuQ

• Downvote 1

Fucking hell what moron doesn’t realise that Lukaku would have just stuck with Lovren had he swapped with Van Dijk, to even suggest that’s what should have happened is pathetic. Someone’s said Carragher also said it! He should know better but he’s revelling in putting the boot in at any opportunity to one of ours.

• Upvote 1