You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

He's a good player.  You'll still get plenty saying he should be "nowhere near the first team", whatever that's meant to mean. 

You'll be saying Mignolet is a good shot stopper next. Please, let me be wrong.

To be fair, Lovren it would appear has tried to work on his shortcomings as a defender and it seems to be paying off. That and having a great defender next to him and a half-decent keeper behind him.

Reminds me of one of the great Usherism's of all time when Heskey said he was his own biggest critic with Dave countering ' Not while I have a breath in my body , Emile '

To my eyes Lovren has had a decent season overall with the view of it skewed by the horror show at Spurs & looks the best VvD partner at present , but I agree with Lifey that he needs to keep his head down & cut out the interviews every time he has a couple of good games.

• 4 weeks later...

Agree but he always puts in a shocking performance after he talks to the press it's like he believes his own hype

He has put in plenty of terrible performances without spouting off in the media first. He genuinely is just a bad footballer whom we should look to shift as soon as possible. Similar to Mignolet. Neither is good enough, need to go.

He’s far from the only one. Media has been full of our attractive style versus their total lack of any, bus parking, Klopp’s record against The Special Cunt and all the rest of it.

As a fanbase we’ve hardly been shy of pointing out how much better we are than them and contrasting our swarming, relentless attack with their anti-football. It was in the post.

“You keep the ball we’ll keep the result” stuff.

I didn’t think he was particularly bad. He lost two aerial challenges to Lukaku. All defenders lose headers every game especially against someone as good in the air as Lukaku. Lukaku only won those two headers all game. Trent lost his man twice, and we got punished. Not sure if having Matip instead would’ve helped, as Matip is actually worse in the air than Lovren.

• Upvote 1

I didn’t think he was particularly bad. He lost two aerial challenges to Lukaku. All defenders lose headers every game especially against someone as good in the air as Lukaku. Lukaku only won those two headers all game. Trent lost his man twice, and we got punished. Not sure if having Matip instead would’ve helped, as Matip is actually worse in the air than Lovren.

He was fucking atrocious. Never mind the goals, what the fuck were these two tackles down the touchline on fucking Fellaini. Moreno-esque levels of brainlessness.

• Upvote 2

He was fucking atrocious. Never mind the goals, what the fuck were these two tackles down the touchline on fucking Fellaini. Moreno-esque levels of brainlessness.

He just wanted to clean him up. They were kicking us all game. Steven Gerrard used to do worse all the time remember?