You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

Such bad management to give him the contract we did. Even if Klopp did want rid, which i doubt even now, no one will want to give us money for him so he'll go out on loan for a few years then leave for free.

We do it all the time too, world class wages on mediocrity. 

Shudder to think what kind of contract Moreno will get now that he's raised his standard one notch above absolute shite.

I suspect later the story will be he has an "injury" that will keep him out for X number of weeks, which will roughly translate as a few weeks off to try and get his head together. I think it will be very difficult for him to come back from this. He would maybe get the benefit of the doubt if he had only joined in the summer, but (and I hate to say it) Gary Neville was right when he was saying that too many chances have been given to error prone defenders and they should have been bombed out and replaced a long time ago.

I suspect later the story will be he has an "injury" that will keep him out for X number of weeks, which will roughly translate as a few weeks off to try and get his head together. I think it will be very difficult for him to come back from this. He would maybe get the benefit of the doubt if he had only joined in the summer, but (and I hate to say it) Gary Neville was right when he was saying that too many chances have been given to error prone defenders and they should have been bombed out and replaced a long time ago.

Agreed. I remember Rafa pulling that trick when Sami got destroyed by Drogba. He was ‘sick’ apparently. Good man management nonetheless.

We're going back to building blocks here though.

The type of CB you look for should determine what sort of side you want to be.  We just can't get away with bringing in some yard dog to stand around in his area and head things away.  We want our CB's to be confident on the ball, and confident in their recovery pace and positioning so that they can spend most of the game almost on the halfway line, allowing us to condense the pitch and be truly effective at pressing the opposition or attacking. 

I think.

Anyway, these sort of players do exist and they don't all cost £50m, they really don't.

• Upvote 1

Anyway, these sort of players do exist and they don't all cost £50m, they really don't.

Who do you have in mind?

Totally agree with the rest of your post. We do need to buy a player we can build around. We wanted VVD, which is the right type of player. If there are players out there - and I'm sure there are - who can do that at a fraction of the price, I'd be all ears.

We're going back to building blocks here though.

The type of CB you look for should determine what sort of side you want to be. We just can't get away with bringing in some yard dog to stand around in his area and head things away. We want our CB's to be confident on the ball, and confident in their recovery pace and positioning so that they can spend most of the game almost on the halfway line, allowing us to condense the pitch and be truly effective at pressing the opposition or attacking.

I think.

Davinson Sanchez did cost 42 million quid though, after showing promise in one season in the Eredivisie. It might well cost 50 million plus for a proven one in this crazy market.
  • Upvote 1

Have to laugh at how Jurgen's eureka moment on him came half an hour into a game over two years into watching him at close quarters.

Of course, it will be the most modern-LFC thing ever to see him named in the starting lineup at the weekend, the whole squad wearing supportive D-Lov t-shirts in the warm-up before Huddersfield's 3-1 win.

Who do you have in mind?

Totally agree with the rest of your post. We do need to buy a player we can build around. We wanted VVD, which is the right type of player. If there are players out there - and I'm sure there are - who can do that at a fraction of the price, I'd be all ears.

Regardless of who we'd like to see come in, the bigger issue is what 'type' of player should come in, and that's upto Klopp to decide.

Koulibaly cost £6m back in 2014.

Skriniar cost Sampdoria £900k back in 2016.

I don't think you can buy a CB now without also buying a keeper.  We'd just ruin another CB by putting Mignolet near them.  

Davinson Sanchez did cost 42 million quid though, after showing promise in one season in the Eredivisie. It might well cost 50 million plus for a proven one in this crazy market.

Spurs bought at a crazy time in the market, from a fashionable club.

Be like trying to buy Malang Sarr, he'd cost about the same due to market rates and he's at Nice and will have many years left on his contract. 

I think Klopp is better off looking to buy some experience in January, players who can hit the ground running but are short-term buys. 

That second goal they scored was just unreal. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. 100 grand a week for that. Just fuck off Deggsy you cunt. The first was just as bad mind you.

I can honestly say I've never seen anything like that in professional football ,I know it's often said after a bad mistake but you really wouldn't see that in Sunday football and if you did you'd be laughed off the pitch .

It got so bad he cleared a cross away and in the boozer he got a round of applause for it.

I can honestly say I've never seen anything like that in professional football ,I know it's often said after a bad mistake but you really wouldn't see that in Sunday football and if you did you'd be laughed off the pitch .

It got so bad he cleared a cross away and in the boozer he got a round of applause for it.

I agree, it was so awful it was spectacular in it's own way. Pushing up to play offside unilaterally from a throw in half way inside your own half was outstanding enough but that leap for the 2nd was a thing of beauty, horrifying but still beautiful to watch.

Must be the painkillers surely? He looked utterly clueless and doped up.

I agree, it was so awful it was spectacular in it's own way. Pushing up to play offside unilaterally from a throw in half way inside your own half was outstanding enough but that leap for the 2nd was a thing of beauty, horrifying but still beautiful to watch.

Must be the painkillers surely? He looked utterly clueless and doped up.

Surely your username could be the title thread

Regardless of who we'd like to see come in, the bigger issue is what 'type' of player should come in, and that's upto Klopp to decide.

Koulibaly cost £6m back in 2014.

Skriniar cost Sampdoria £900k back in 2016.

I don't think you can buy a CB now without also buying a keeper.  We'd just ruin another CB by putting Mignolet near them.

They were unproven at that time, though. I think it's fine if we buy potentially good players, but we have then to be patient with them. What will actually happen is that the fanbase will turn against them if they're not a clone of Maldini and Baresi in preseason, then they'll accuse FSG of being cheap and not being prepared to buy top players, then it'll be on Klopp.

I agree that there probably are players out there, but the potentially more than 100m dollar question is... who the fuck are they?