You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

The end for Lovren that,  I'm not happy about it really; he embarrassed himself and the club out there today . Truth is it should never have happened and it would have been better for all concerned had he been moved on over a year ago, 

If anything positive is to come out of this it's that players that are clearly not good enough should not be given chance after chance especially when we are not talking about kids with years ahead of them ,  Seems to me people are more concerned with their own positions to admit mistakes and they end up keeping faith with 2nd rate footballers. 

Mig should follow Lovren out of the door too, That was an unforgivable effort in goal, 

Play Gomez alongside Matip and TAA at right back. We might yet come out of it smelling of roses if we unearth two young lads and they become fixtures in the team.

Lovren is just too shaky. He is poor, poor, poor! If a young lad makes a mistake you half expect that, and then you half expect his head to go a bit while he dwells on it. That’s what Lovren does, and it’s killing us.

Not read the match thread but by God he was dreadful. Not just the goals he conceded but he got away with a few also. I was surprised Klopp hooked him as it's quite a statement to do so. Doesn't help that we don't have any cover but I would honestly play Gomez from now on.

I think Gomez is far from ready/good enough, but he's probably our best option. After that Can. Klavan I still think is worse than Lovren, which is an achievement in itself.

Can is a weird one, one minute he looks lazy and slow and the next he’s all over the pitch and looks powerful and fast. Watch him keep up with Salah for his break away goal against Arsenal, he looked extremely quick and I remember seeing something in the summer that he was the 3rd fastest in the squad or something like that. He woefully out of form so playing him out of position will not help him. He needs a few weeks break to try and recoup some form. Now that Milner is back playing centre mid, we have Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner and Gruijic to cover for him. He needs time away from the spotlight.

I'd make him play in the reserves, he's not even good enough for the bench. That brain dead cunt Moreno can join him. 

Moreno has been the most consistent defender this season. Yeah, that's damning with faint praise but he's tried his best and that's all you can ask.

• Upvote 1

Mig and Lovren (injuries permitting) will start Saturday.

Which is a damning reflection on the options we have in those positions that we don't have reliable or better options.

The 1st back up centre half at this club behind dumb and dumber was often behind Lucas in the pecking order for the position last season...Just let that sink in.

Mig and Lovren (injuries permitting) will start Saturday.

Which is a damning reflection on the options we have in those positions that we don't have reliable or better options.

The 1st back up centre half at this club behind dumb and dumber was often behind Lucas in the pecking order for the position last season...Just let that sink in.

I really doubt Lovren will start

Have the scales finally fallen from Klopp's eyes? Has he realised that this is turd you can't polish, no matter what Rodgersesque cod-psychological bullshit you use?

Sometimes, when things clearly aren't working, a manager might make an early tactical change. But not today. I can't recall the last time I saw a player being hooked so early simply because he was so shit he was a liability. As well as the two goals, he gifted Spurs another two very good chances in the first 20 minutes.

Truly fucking horrible, the useless shitbastard cunt.

Break the bank in January for anyone; anyone is better than this cunt.

• Upvote 2

The last time I felt this much enmity towards one of our players was Bruno Cheyrou.

But actually that was irrational hatred as it wasn't his fault he was bigged up so much and turned out so poor.

I hate Lovren and have done for at least 18 months.

Like Cheyrou was, he is woefully out of his depth, promoted to a position in the game that his moderate ability is unable to support.

But unlike Cheyrou, he pokes his head above the parapet for a press conference every time he has a half decent game.  As soon as I saw his name in the paper after the manc game, I knew exactly what was coming next.  He did it last year too.

Keep your head down, pinch yourself everyday that a player of such mediocre ability is playing at the top level, and do everything in your power not to embarrass yourself on the football field.

But, no, you can't do that can you, Dejan?

You can't because you're no good at anything.

There are better centre backs in the Championship.

• Upvote 6