You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

He killed himself, bought a coffin, dug his own grave, buried himself and then bought an elaborate headstone today. He's done here, he has been for a while, but he should not come back from that today. One of the biggest meltdowns I've seen from a Liverpool player.

We can only hope. 

Was he injured then? Or did he bottle it or did Klopp hook him.

Like a few have said, there’s something not right with him in the head. He was like it before he went to Southampton and he’s been like it since he left, he’s basically had a career of making massive errors of judgement and huge mistakes sandwiched around one good season at Southampton.

I’m hoping Klopp hooked him and now that’s the end of him here, even if he plays the rest of the season out of necessity I think he signed his own transfer out of here today, that really was a career ending half an hour from him.

Mamadou Sakho likes this

• Upvote 1

If he was so injured that he had to come off then you'd think he'd have headed straight down the tunnel, not sat on the bench.

I know, I thought that. Did I hear wrong in the commentary then because I thought I heard them say he was injured and then a few minutes later Neville say he’s really struggling now, obviously he could have just been on about his shambolic performance as a whole though.

I know, I thought that. Did I hear wrong in the commentary then because I thought I heard them say he was injured and then a few minutes later Neville say he’s really struggling now, obviously he could have just been on about his shambolic performance as a whole though.

Klopp has confirmed he wasn't injured. Damning.

You'd have to wonder why the feck this happened a short time ago?

FSG do things like that with the Red Sox too. Though in MLB, the system is designed to minimise the gulf between the haves and the have-nots, and there is no transfer fee when trading players, so even the worst teams can afford to carry players on overpaid contracts. At least that's the impression I get. No-one will take Lovren off us because we're paying him too much, and we are unlikely to get much in the way of a transfer fee. He is replaceable, but replacing him alone will not cure the ills of our defensive set-up.

FSG do things like that with the Red Sox too. Though in MLB, the system is designed to minimise the gulf between the haves and the have-nots, and there is no transfer fee when trading players, so even the worst teams can afford to carry players on overpaid contracts. At least that's the impression I get. No-one will take Lovren off us because we're paying him too much, and we are unlikely to get much in the way of a transfer fee. He is replaceable, but replacing him alone will not cure the ills of our defensive set-up.

No there are other problems in addition to Lovren.  But the decision to effectively say 'we know you're shit and the manager knows you're shit, but here's a long term contract at £100k per week' or whatever he gets paid.  Anything between £1-£100k would be too much anyway.  A bizarre decision, maybe the most bizarre, in a sea of bizarre decisions over the last load of years.

That's right - he's much, much better.

Do you think? He acts like he’s better and talks like he’s better but there’s a reason why only Palace seriously wanted him, the same Crystal Palace who have the likes of Scott Dann on their books.

Sakho is a clown like Lovren it’s just because he says a few things and puts a few big tackles in now and again he has some fucked up cult following on here. He’s shit, we haven’t signed a good centre back for years, I can’t remember the last one who consistently good.

• Upvote 2