You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

Whining in the press conference about Lukaku.

Man up.  Don't whine.  Put him up in the air, old school style!

Football today...

Agree with that. I thought there was very little in the incident, and if I'm mistaken and there was something in it, he had a good half hour to exact a bit of retribution.

Whining in the press conference about Lukaku.

Man up.  Don't whine.  Put him up in the air, old school style!

Football today...

This is us we're talking about. The FA would probably throw the book at him for diving, along with a trumped-up racism charge for good measure for not knowing his place.

• Upvote 1

Lukaku should have had at least a yellow for smashing through Joe Gomez. If the youngster wasn't anticipating it and getting off the ground, he could have broken his leg had his foot been planted. That was nasty, and was done in a circumstance where the red mist was descending for Lukaku, and it was quite unbelievable he didn't see at least a yellow for it.

I thought the Lovren heel into the face was deliberate, as you see Lukaku looking down a split second before he did it. There was plenty of time and opportunity to avoid it, but he tapped his heel into Lovren's face. 

As an isolated incident it was the sort of sneaky thing we used to see Suarez doing, and as such, if it upsets the opponent and doesn't get you sent off, I've got no problem with it. 

However, had the ref done his job and booked him, or sent him off, for the Joe Gomez tackle, the incident with Lovren would never have happened as he would have been off the pitch, or he would have been treading carefully as he'd have been on a yellow. 

If the ref doesn't do his job, players will continue to try to get away with more and more. 

Klopp massively overestimates his ability to improve players. 2 years wasted while he persisted with dross like Lovren.

Yea cause that's exactly what Klopp's done.  Let's just pretend Klopp didn't tap up VVD and the board failed to deliver him or any other cb last summer.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand the reaction to this game. We have always known he was shit it's just he has never been replaced. He will still start a majority of our games.

I agree, although this might be his single worst per minute performance.

I also think he will still be starting regularly.

He killed himself, bought a coffin, dug his own grave, buried himself and then bought an elaborate headstone today. He's done here, he has been for a while, but he should not come back from that today. One of the biggest meltdowns I've seen from a Liverpool player.

• Upvote 2

He killed himself, bought a coffin, dug his own grave, buried himself and then bought an elaborate headstone today. He's done here, he has been for a while, but he should not come back from that today. One of the biggest meltdowns I've seen from a Liverpool player.

funnily enough he’s been here before I remember having the same feeling after watching him play against west ham under Rodgers and thinking he’d never wear the shirt again.

Possibly the worst defending Ive seen since the days of Kvarme.

They are raving over Kane, but Lovren made him look like Baggio and Batistuta combined in the first 20mins

Don't ever remember Kvarme getting subbed off after 30 minutes and I thought he was the gold standard of shit LFC centre backs.

Was he injured then? Or did he bottle it or did Klopp hook him.

Like a few have said, there’s something not right with him in the head. He was like it before he went to Southampton and he’s been like it since he left, he’s basically had a career of making massive errors of judgement and huge mistakes sandwiched around one good season at Southampton.

I’m hoping Klopp hooked him and now that’s the end of him here, even if he plays the rest of the season out of necessity I think he signed his own transfer out of here today, that really was a career ending half an hour from him.

Was he injured then? Or did he bottle it or did Klopp hook him.

Like a few have said, there’s something not right with him in the head. He was like it before he went to Southampton and he’s been like it since he left, he’s basically had a career of making massive errors of judgement and huge mistakes sandwiched around one good season at Southampton.

I’m hoping Klopp hooked him and now that’s the end of him here, even if he plays the rest of the season out of necessity I think he signed his own transfer out of here today, that really was a career ending half an hour from him.

If he was so injured that he had to come off then you'd think he'd have headed straight down the tunnel, not sat on the bench.