You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

Matip is not a big fan of those long angled punts into the box.

But I can't work out if it's just the rest of the defensive dragging him down to their level.

Maybe a Clyne/VVD/Matip/Roberston back four would be more solid.

But then is it the vast open spaces and average midfielders in front of them causing the problems.

Or is it the whole system. We basically have three forwards playing, so somewhere else the team is losing out.

But I can't work out if it's just the rest of the defensive dragging him down to their level.

But then is it the vast open spaces and average midfielders in front of them causing the problems.

Or is it the whole system. We basically have three forwards playing, so somewhere else the team is losing out.

Having to deal with wide open spaces AND error resulting from clown defending is harder than just dealing w/wide open spaces, so I'm sure your line up will be far superior.

Lovren can't handle pressure and Moreno invites it. It's the ultimate partnership from hell those two being in the same side. I'd rather lovren in the side than Moreno but then I'd rather just put a wet floor sign at centre back than lovren. Buy some better players LFC it's pretty fucking obvious.. it's glaring fucking glaring.

Or is it the whole system. We basically have three forwards playing, so somewhere else the team is losing out.

Nah he's just the same level as all of them. Not quite Traore bad but not quite Hyypia good...

He's the ultimate confidence player, when he starts a game well he generally does pretty decent for the rest of it and is good in the air, the problem is if he makes a mistake in the first 20 mins, he turns to absolute dog shit. When he's not playing well he is one of the worst centre backs I've ever seen at a supposedly big club challenging for honours, it's comical how bad he gets. Matip isn't much better at the moment I'm afraid, he's weak as piss and shit in the air and Lovren gets left with their big strong man all the time and ends up getting bullied, Matip alongside Van Dijk or someone at least stronger and better in the air than Lovren would make Matip look a lot better because he reads the game pretty well and is decent on the ball, at the moment they both look like they are always about to make a mistake.

He's the ultimate confidence player, when he starts a game well he generally does pretty decent for the rest of it and is good in the air, the problem is if he makes a mistake in the first 20 mins, he turns to absolute dog shit. When he's not playing well he is one of the worst centre backs I've ever seen at a supposedly big club challenging for honours, it's comical how bad he gets. Matip isn't much better at the moment I'm afraid, he's weak as piss and shit in the air and Lovren gets left with their big strong man all the time and ends up getting bullied, Matip alongside Van Dijk or someone at least stronger and better in the air than Lovren would make Matip look a lot better because he reads the game pretty well and is decent on the ball, at the moment they both look like they are always about to make a mistake.

Dont think ive ever seen him start a game well then.

Fraud of a footballer whose only ever looked good in Southamptons ten man defence.

Lovren is a symbol of modern Liverpool. Capable of outstanding performances but also susceptible to nightmare ones.

His inconsistency is mirrored by the team and his inclusion in the side is an indictment on our aspirations, to be totally honest.

I hope you are including Roy Evans side in that analogy? Modern Liverpool has sadly lasted 25 fucking years! 

Lovren is a symbol of modern Liverpool. Capable of outstanding performances but also susceptible to nightmare ones.

His inconsistency is mirrored by the team and his inclusion in the side is an indictment on our aspirations, to be totally honest.

Lovren has had very few outstanding performances,even the Dortmund game ended with us letting in three. He must have had a part to play in those three goals somewhere? I think he's pretty awful and have no idea why we ever bought him in the first place.

Lovren has had very few outstanding performances,even the Dortmund game ended with us letting in three. He must have had a part to play in those three goals somewhere? I think he's pretty awful and have no idea why we ever bought him in the first place.

Buying him is one thing - at least we did so following a season of perceived good form.

Not replacing him is an altogether different issue - we have stuck with him after 3 years of absolute shite.