You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

No-one has been called a worldie as far as I can see. Lovren had a good debut, and if you can't see that, you're missing something. Next week is the real test though. I suspect Skrtel and Lovren will start the league campaign, but Sakho will come in for Skrtel at some point.

Skrtel played well today too, but as I say, the real business starts next week.

Sami was a worldie, Lovern is apparently as good as of not better, 90 minutes against Dortmund's reserves has proved that, what more could you want FFS

Ye ma.

He looked really good today. Still think he will be shifted to the right and Sakho will partner him. 

I thought that until today too. But earlier in the week I read something on Twitter from someone that genuinely doesn't have a track record of being a total bullshitter which suggested that Brendan doesn't rate Sakho particularly highly and that Lovren and Skrtel is his first choice pairing. I didn't think much of it at the time as I just think Sakho is a brilliant player that is only going to get better, but I am now thinking that this guy was right and Sakho will start the season as third choice.

Sami was a worldie, Lovern is apparently as good as of not better, 90 minutes against Dortmund's reserves has proved that, what more could you want FFS

I didn't think Sami was a worldie. He was just a very good centre back for us.  As for Lovren, let him get a couple of seasons under his belt first. 

I thought that until today too. But earlier in the week I read something on Twitter from someone that genuinely doesn't have a track record of being a total bullshitter which suggested that Brendan doesn't rate Sakho particularly highly and that Lovren and Skrtel is his first choice pairing. I didn't think much of it at the time as I just think Sakho is a brilliant player that is only going to get better, but I am now thinking that this guy was right and Sakho will start the season as third choice.

No offense to your source but I have to think that's bullshit, £23m for a CB that he doesn't rate? If that's the case then him and/or the committee have some shit to answer for. I do think Brendan doesn't mind playing the in form players though even if they weren't his buys but I would imagine that eventually he expects Sakho to be part of the first choice CB pairing.

No offense to your source but I have to think that's bullshit, £23m for a CB that he doesn't rate? If that's the case then him and/or the committee have some shit to answer for. I do think Brendan doesn't mind playing the in form players though even if they weren't his buys but I would imagine that eventually he expects Sakho to be part of the first choice CB pairing.

Haha, my source?! How dare you offend me by telling me that you disagree with something that I read on Twitter, you absolute fucking bastard. I have absolutely no idea whether it's true or not, I was just fully expecting Sakho (who cost £16m, not £23m) to begin the season with Lovren as first choice.

Dortmund's reserves now? They're getting worse by the minute.

You have seen Trucker Paddy's posts before, right? By the end of the night he will be claiming with absolute certainty that all their left footed players deliberately used only their right feet (and vice versa). Plus they didn't even want to win, Klopp touching the This Is Anfield sign proved that beyond any dispute.

• Upvote 4

You can't help but be just a little pleased with a debut like that. Loving the competition for most positions on the pitch too, it can only keep players hungry. I'm fairly confident it'll be more like this rather than players bitching and moaning that they are entitled to more playing time, as it would appear the attitude check was done at the door to Melwood.

Dortmund's reserves now? They're getting worse by the minute.

Well not full team anyway, point been our defence will rarely have an easier day, so even it was against Dortmund's youth team or there 1st 11 Lovern performance does not put him anyway near the greatest defender most of is on here have seen play for us in our adult life.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Well not full team anyway, point been our defence will rarely have an easier day, so even it was against Dortmund's youth team or there 1st 11 Lovern performance does not put him anyway near the greatest defender most of is on here have seen play for us in our adult life.

Well, that's for damned sure.

did you type this while you were driving?

I said looks as good as hyypia.

I ll go one better and say hes like a mixture between carragher and hyypia.

doesnt get any better than that paddy. sit back and enjoy the clean sheets, the last ditch blocks, the towering headers and the motherfucking goals he scores.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Did you post Lovern is better than hyppia while leaving an opium den?

Seriously though, it's 'Lovren'. The other thing sounds like the blond bint off the culture show.