Quantcast
Dejan Lovren - Page 121 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Dejan Lovren

9 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Or maybe he did say it? I think the trend here is the Orwellian thing where everyone denies the evidence right before their eyes. His exact quote:

“Hopefully we can be unbeaten until the end of the season,” said Lovren. “Of course it will be a challenge but this is what we want, this is why we came here to Liverpool, because we know we can do it.

“Is it possible? Arsenal did it before so why not?"

Yep, that's what he said.

Everyone is not denying it... in fact, from what I can tell, no one here is denying it.

Should he keep his trap shut?  Yes.

Was it a "sensational claim"?  No.

The sensationalism is created around the comments.

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Yeah, Lovren said he is one of the best defenders in the world

Now that was a sensational claim.

8 minutes ago, Seasons said:

He's the type to hand you a Christmas present and still you what it is just before you open it. He's my idol. 

I can help there. I was behind him at the till  in Holland & Barrett in Liverpool One a couple of weeks ago, and he had an Apple store bag with four or five new iPhones in it. So if you’re one of Big D’s loved ones, you’re getting an iPhone X for Christmas. 

Sorry. Spoilers....

Fuck it. In for a penny. Santa isn’t real. Sorry. 

• Upvote 2

So shit that he’s top of league at Christmas and played in world and European cup finals in the last six months. Proper fucking shit, that 

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, moof said:

So shit that he’s top of league at Christmas and played in world and European cup finals in the last six months. Proper fucking shit, that 

Watch that performance tonight again and tell me it's good.

Tonight's performance was totally characteristic of the man. Good for most of it with a few moments here and there where you think "Fucks Sake! here we go again".

He is not the best defender in the world, he is a very good defender most of the time he's on the pitch.

I won't post in here again (I promise), and I am really, really happy at the moment - GET IN, reds!

But Lovren needs to be managed.  I don't hate him at the moment - I love every one of the boys tonight!

He got the defender's hat-trick against Wolves - slipped over, got nut-megged, and passed the ball directly to the opposition on the front foot.

It doesn't sit right with me pointing this out - he's a red, we won tonight and we are on an incredible run.  But people trying to counter points made earlier need to have another look at the game with an open mind.

Praying for a quick recovery from our better (and smaller-mouthed) centre halfs.

9 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Watch that performance tonight again and tell me it's good.

I dont need to watch it again to know that Lovren looked a liability. Or to know that Van Dijk made several excellent clearences from crosses and set pieces, which meant we avoided coming under real pressure. Lovren as far as I noticed made none. He tried to deal with one floated cross on 93 minutes, and managed to glance it wide to their winger.

He made the basic error of backing off his opponent several times when we played a high line, to allow them to turn and run at us. Most noteable when his opponent played Traore one on one with Van Dijk in the first half. The fact that we won doesn’t mean he played well.

I think he will leave in the summer. We will probably sign a younger centre back and also have two centre backs from the academy who Klopp will try to give games to. I like Matip and thought he had a good couple of games when he came back but his injuries will always limit his progress or consistency.