You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

That’s exactly the kind of thinking that will make our performances drop. There is a reason that Klopp, well any half decent coach to be fair, makes an effort drumming into the heads of reporters, supporters and of course players that you have to keep your focus on the next game only. 

And the ability to actually do it is what separates real winners from the rest.

So well done Dejan, for making a habit out of doing the exact opposite.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Obvious no one has read the interview and just seen the headline. The undefeated comment is just a throwaway at the end after he talks at length about how much competition there is for the title. He hasn't said anything unreasonable or cocky.  

It would be a first if he didn't say anything cocky or stupid.

10 hours ago, Skaro said:

We might have to go unbeaten to win it.

And he did say "hopefully"... hardly a "sensational claim".

Still, shutting the fuck up is always the better option.

He's just ensured that his next error will be flayed.

Fuck all wrong with what he’s said there and I can’t stand Lovren.

i too, hope we go unbeaten all year.  

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It would be a first if he didn't say anything cocky or stupid.

Perhaps it was a first.

A bit like he hasn't really made a categorical howler since Spurs at Wembley last year.

Trouble is, everyone's searching for clickbait.

The bloke should just shut his trap, because whatever he says now... just like whenever he plays... people/twitter are looking for the opportunity to relish the error.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Skaro said:

Perhaps it was a first.

A bit like he hasn't really made a categorical howler since Spurs at Wembley last year.

The bloke should just shut his trap, because whatever he says now... just like whenever he plays... people/twitter are looking for the opportunity to relish the error.

Or maybe he did say it? I think the trend here is the Orwellian thing where everyone denies the evidence right before their eyes. His exact quote:

“Hopefully we can be unbeaten until the end of the season,” said Lovren. “Of course it will be a challenge but this is what we want, this is why we came here to Liverpool, because we know we can do it.

“Is it possible? Arsenal did it before so why not?"

1 hour ago, Skaro said:

Perhaps it was a first.

Its his lack of awareness of the fact that VVD is making everybody look good alongside him and when he partnered Matip??? in League Cup v Chelsea we lost and looked like our previous defence of duds.

Whenever I read a comment from a player, I will always ask myself if it's something I'd have said in that position. In this instance I'd probably have said: 

"We'll go the rest of the league unbeaten [with the exception of some gash teams like Wolves] but I just want to jinx the fuck out of every game because there's some superstitious fannies over on TLW who will be devastated and bump my thread. We'll probably win the CL and any cup too. 'Ave that, yer cunts". 

• Upvote 1