You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

9 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Wish him all the best but frankly I suffered palpitations everytime he came on. Especially to close out games

On the few occasions when he was good he was good, never good enough for us but he did try. No doubt he caused more problems in his own box than the oppositions box. 

I wish him all the best but I'm glad he's gone. 

• Upvote 2

I get the trying but that's really what we should expect at the minimum from a sports player on millions a year. I would like to have seen some modification of his technique or playing style or similar attempt at self improvement. Good luck to the lucky loon but truth is no supporter deserves to have to sit through the sort of calamity he could summon from the most innocuous of situations. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, The Golden Eel said:

I can't really recall the circumstances of having to play an 18-year-old out of position at LB (I think he was playing RB at Charlton?)  at the start of that season though - presumably Moreno was first choice and was injured or something. Or maybe it was just because Moreno was so shit. 

It was the latter. To be fair to Rodgers he saw Moreno was shit soon enough. He even played Markovic left wing back ahead of him. 

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Rodgers bought Moreno!

He did, I'm just saying that Rodgers recognised he was shit fairly soon after and very rarely played him. He was behind a lazy winger and a right legged centre back in the pecking order

Likeable character, you could see how much playing here meant to him. He had his moments of calamity and I’ve handed out my fair share of criticism to him. But, he had spells where he was brilliant for us, a great front foot defender, good passing range with both feet, was boss against city at home this season, scored a nice few goals for us too. All the best to him.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Likeable character, you could see how much playing here meant to him. He had his moments of calamity and I’ve handed out my fair share of criticism to him. But, he had spells where he was brilliant for us, a great front foot defender, good passing range with both feet, was boss against city at home this season, scored a nice few goals for us too. All the best to him.

Fair enough.  Team on top and he was decent but under pressure he lost it far too often and dropped deeper which with Mig or Karius between the sticks was a recipe for disaster. You can't teach composure under pressure, thankfully Virg has it in spades. 

2 hours ago, Razoray said:

He did, I'm just saying that Rodgers recognised he was shit fairly soon after and very rarely played him. He was behind a lazy winger and a right legged centre back in the pecking order

But he paid over the odds and actively pursued him when the deal was heading for a breakdown. Rodgers is a choker,as shown again by Leicester blowing an almost certain CL place.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

July 27:

Lovren leaves for some Russian club. I think “He wasn’t as good as he thought he was. But he was pretty OK, and probably as good as you can hope for from a fourth-choose central defender. All the best, Dejan.”

August 4:

Someone forwards me an article where Lovren starts supporting David Icke, COVID19 conspiracy theories, Bill Gates conspiracy theories, and other such drivel. 
<sigh>

Well... at least he’s gone now. 

I can’t stand him and am buzzing that he’s fucked off.

His continued arrogance, the constant interviews saying something stupid prior to a game, blaming sakho’s poor English on himself playing shite, lying about the break-in affecting him for the Spurs farce when it happened after the game, the self-proclamations of being the world’s best defender, the posturing and pouting - he rubbed me up the wrong way constantly. 

All that aside - he did love the shirt and I wish him well with his future, but I’m very happy to consign him to the memory banks.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, belarus said:

I can’t stand him and am buzzing that he’s fucked off.

His continued arrogance, the constant interviews saying something stupid prior to a game, blaming sakho’s poor English on himself playing shite, lying about the break-in affecting him for the Spurs farce when it happened after the game, the self-proclamations of being the world’s best defender, the posturing and pouting - he rubbed me up the wrong way constantly. 

All that aside - he did love the shirt and I wish him well with his future, but I’m very happy to consign him to the memory banks.

2 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Dejan has a CL winners medal, a PL winners medal, a Super Cup winners medal, and a World Club Campiinship winners medal. His best mate is Mo Salah.

Kane has a cup full of slobber and his best mate is Eric Dier’s pet dachshund, Trevor

Levels.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4