You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I like Deeney's honesty. Post-match interviews would be a lot more fun if players basically called other players shite and that they took advantage of that.

Its frustrating that the shite player plays for us. But aside from that, it's definitely small time and disrespectful to name fellow pros like that. Just enjoy the win.

If VVD came out after the last 50 matches and said "yea their forwards are shite so it was easy enough really" he would be a cock.

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I like Deeney's honesty. Post-match interviews would be a lot more fun if players basically called other players shite and that they took advantage of that.

Ah ok. I'll take it when you were happy with that bunch of no marks a couple of seasons ago saying they targetted Trent because he was the weakest link in the back line at the time?

25 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Ah ok. I'll take it when you were happy with that bunch of no marks a couple of seasons ago saying they targetted Trent because he was the weakest link in the back line at the time?

Sure, why not? What difference does it make? I don't know if you know this, but the usual cliche-laden post-match interviews aren't the players' real thoughts. That Deeney said he targeted Lovren because he isn't very good compared to Virgil is actually quite reflective on what actually happened. 

The only issue I've ever had with a comment like that was when a Bournemouth player said they "targeted" Karius by shooting at goal when Bournemouth won in that crazy game a couple years back. As if shooting at the goal is some novel tactic. 

I don't want to seem alarmist but I reckon we will lose every game that Lovren plays in. If we want to go from the easiest tile win in history to the most nerve-wracking, then we cannot risk having Lovren play. Klopp gambled on him vs Watford and it backfired. Lesson learned, now let's never call him up again.

• Upvote 1

Sure, why not? What difference does it make? I don't know if you know this, but the usual cliche-laden post-match interviews aren't the players' real thoughts. That Deeney said he targeted Lovren because he isn't very good compared to Virgil is actually quite reflective on what actually happened. 

The only issue I've ever had with a comment like that was when a Bournemouth player said they "targeted" Karius by shooting at goal when Bournemouth won in that crazy game a couple years back. As if shooting at the goal is some novel tactic. 

A striker targeting Virgil’s partner isn’t quite as revolutionary as you’re implying here.

A striker targeting Virgil’s partner isn’t quite as revolutionary as you’re implying here.

5 hours ago, Baltar said:

I don't want to seem alarmist but I reckon we will lose every game that Lovren plays in. If we want to go from the easiest tile win in history to the most nerve-wracking, then we cannot risk having Lovren play. Klopp gambled on him vs Watford and it backfired. Lesson learned, now let's never call him up again.

I can't be doing with lovren, I'm amazed he survived klopps first summer, I was even more amazed when he got a new contract, but he really isn't so bad we'll lose every game with him. There's a type of player where he just loses his head, the classic English number 9 type. He can play really quite well against less physical players. Luckily there's no longer an abundance of that type of forward around the league, so while I'd prefer lovren not to play and would sooner see matip or Gomez, I think it's just mad panicking to say we'll lose every game he plays. 

28 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I can't be doing with lovren, I'm amazed he survived klopps first summer, I was even more amazed when he got a new contract, but he really isn't so bad we'll lose every game with him. There's a type of player where he just loses his head, the classic English number 9 type. He can play really quite well against less physical players. Luckily there's no longer an abundance of that type of forward around the league, so while I'd prefer lovren not to play and would sooner see matip or Gomez, I think it's just mad panicking to say we'll lose every game he plays. 

Spot on. Which made Klopp's decision to play Lovren against the most typical such striker (apart from Burnley's two maybe) all the more baffling. We know what Lovren brings to the table. For all of Klopp's and our excellent analytics team's great decision making, Lovren remains a massive excemption to the rule.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lebron said:

Spot on. Which made Klopp's decision to play Lovren against the most typical such striker (apart from Burnley's two maybe) all the more baffling. We know what Lovren brings to the table. For all of Klopp's and our excellent analytics team's great decision making, Lovren remains a massive excemption to the rule.

And Lallana too.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Iceman said:

I know we have to be nice to him, cos Klopp and Dave U and just cos. But I still can't stand the fucker. 

I agree. When I see his name in the starting lineup I think the worst. Though they wouldn't say anything I'm sure our defence give a collective sigh. 

12 hours ago, Baltar said:

It would be some change, after winning every game he played in earlier in the season, before his injury.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Oh Degsy, what have you done? No, just no and keep yer gob shut.

Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren has seemingly backed the conspiracy theory that the coronavirus pandemic is nothing more than a myth to force vaccines onto the public.

The crisis has had a huge impact across the globe with official worldwide deaths passing 247,000 at the time of writing.

However, Lovren's social media activity suggests that he does not take what is happening at face value.

The Croatian reacted to a post from Bill Gates which the billionaire could be seen holding a sign saying 'thank you, health care workers'. 

Commenting below the image, Lovren wrote: 'Game over Bill. People are not blind'.

The 30-year-old then went on to reveal he is a fan of professional conspiracy theorist David Icke with a number of posts on his Instagram story.

This came after YouTube removed Icke's official channel from its platform following his highly controversial claims that about the virus.

The former footballer believes it is actually being spread by the 5G mobile phone network and that any vaccine to stop the spread of the virus will include 'nanotechnology microchips' used to control people. 

Lovren promoted an interview with Icke while sharing images with phrases such as 'we will not be censored' and 'we will not be silenced' and referring to himself as being part of the 'resistance'.

The centre-back then watched as Icke discussed his theories with Brian Rose on Sunday before thanking both men.

Lovren first alluded to his feelings regarding a vaccine last month when he showed support for a post from Croatian MP Ivan Pernar.

Pernar had posted an anti-vaxxer meme of a cartoon image of Bill Gates holding a syringe and saying the words 'Your body is my choice'.

It was accompanied by this caption: 'There should always be the freedom of choice and against making vaccination mandatory. That is why I am a thorn in the eye of all mainstream media and their sponsors.' 

Lovren commented a 'praying hands' emoji and Gary Lineker was quick to mock Lovren, tweeting: 'better cancel all vaccine testing and trials immediately then'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8284189/Liverpool-star-Dejan-Lovren-outed-coronavirus-conspiracy-theorist-sides-David-Icke.html

16 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Whatever footballing ability he has or doesn't have has nothing to do with this.  

It is incredibly dangerous what he is now promoting.  The club need to get a grip of this very quickly.

Has he even considered the club and the fans. No from me Clive. I agree by the way.

51 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren has seemingly backed the conspiracy theory that the coronavirus pandemic is nothing more than a myth to force vaccines onto the public.

The crisis has had a huge impact across the globe with official worldwide deaths passing 247,000 at the time of writing.

However, Lovren's social media activity suggests that he does not take what is happening at face value.

The Croatian reacted to a post from Bill Gates which the billionaire could be seen holding a sign saying 'thank you, health care workers'. 

Commenting below the image, Lovren wrote: 'Game over Bill. People are not blind'.

The 30-year-old then went on to reveal he is a fan of professional conspiracy theorist David Icke with a number of posts on his Instagram story.

This came after YouTube removed Icke's official channel from its platform following his highly controversial claims that about the virus.

The former footballer believes it is actually being spread by the 5G mobile phone network and that any vaccine to stop the spread of the virus will include 'nanotechnology microchips' used to control people. 

Lovren promoted an interview with Icke while sharing images with phrases such as 'we will not be censored' and 'we will not be silenced' and referring to himself as being part of the 'resistance'.

The centre-back then watched as Icke discussed his theories with Brian Rose on Sunday before thanking both men.

Lovren first alluded to his feelings regarding a vaccine last month when he showed support for a post from Croatian MP Ivan Pernar.

Pernar had posted an anti-vaxxer meme of a cartoon image of Bill Gates holding a syringe and saying the words 'Your body is my choice'.

It was accompanied by this caption: 'There should always be the freedom of choice and against making vaccination mandatory. That is why I am a thorn in the eye of all mainstream media and their sponsors.' 

Lovren commented a 'praying hands' emoji and Gary Lineker was quick to mock Lovren, tweeting: 'better cancel all vaccine testing and trials immediately then'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8284189/Liverpool-star-Dejan-Lovren-outed-coronavirus-conspiracy-theorist-sides-David-Icke.html

Whatever happened to Gary Cooper?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Is this a strong theme in the Balkan area ?  Wasnt it last month Djokovic was espousing anti-vaxxer propaganda.

• Upvote 1