You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

8 minutes ago, aRdja said:

There’s very little evidence though that he’s a bit of a baby. For all we know he actually suffered those injuries. Joe Gomez and Matip have missed similar amount of games as Lovren if not more, I don’t see anyone accusing Matip of faking a broken collarbone against Napoli, or Gomez of faking a broken leg against Burnley. Klopp said it himself that Lovren wasn’t meant to start that night, and yet he did, and unfortunately he got injured for it. If anything he should’ve been applauded for his effort, and the club should have been made to apologise (in private) for being reckless with him. 

so as far as i know, he wasn't supposed to miss that game because of injury, he was supposed to miss it because we were resting everyone we could. 

i am not saying he faked that night. i am not even sayng when he cries off with a cold, he doesn't have a cold. but maybe he could play. i think gomez and matip are both deffo injury prone. i think it is possible matip might be a baby too, but i think there is less evidence for that. but for me matip and/or lovren can go in the summer if we can get more solid replacements. 

13 minutes ago, aRdja said:

There’s very little evidence though that he’s a bit of a baby. For all we know he actually suffered those injuries. Joe Gomez and Matip have missed similar amount of games as Lovren if not more, I don’t see anyone accusing Matip of faking a broken collarbone against Napoli, or Gomez of faking a broken leg against Burnley. Klopp said it himself that Lovren wasn’t meant to start that night, and yet he did, and unfortunately he got injured for it. If anything he should’ve been applauded for his effort, and the club should have been made to apologise (in private) for being reckless with him. 

X-rays might have helped Matip and Gomes though.

• 8 months later...
6 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Looking at the sponsor logo, I think you’re right. Doesn’t alter the fact he played superbly today.

Oh he did. That slide transitioning into a block was the fucking sex.

Once or twice he let a ball bounce instead of attacking it and I thought "oh here we go" but he did well and proved me wrong.

10 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

He isnt. He just wants regular first team football. If and I say if, we sell it, it's because he wants to leave in search of regular football.

Will be interesting when Matip is fit whether Jurgen keeps Degsy in or not.

If he keeps playing like this then he'll stay in. That's how Matip earned his place, so the same rules will apply I expect. Man in possession keeps the shirt until he plays himself out of it or gets injured.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, dave u said:

If he keeps playing like this then he'll stay in. That's how Matip earned his place, so the same rules will apply I expect. Man in possession keeps the shirt until he plays himself out of it or gets injured.

This is how I see things, plus Lovren has played very well in Matip's absence. He's made a few mistakes, but then so have VVD, Robbo, TAA and Gomez and Milner when called upon. When we play with a high line and are on the front foot for large periods then our defence is bound to come under pressure at times when we lose the ball and the opposition plays it long for runners. Lovren has done better at covering that aspect of the game than in seasons past. We have the third best defence in the league, surprisingly only Leicester and Sheff United have conceded less goals. 

• 1 month later...