You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

WI love VVD as much as anybody but this crediting him with anything positive the other defenders do and blaming them for any of his errors is quite tiresome

The Joselu headed chance was misjudged by VVD and went over his head and was on the opposite side to where Lovren is. Don't worry if it really had been Lovrens fault you’d have heard plenty about it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

WI love VVD as much as anybody but this crediting him with anything positive the other defenders do and blaming them for any of his errors is quite tiresome

The Joselu headed chance was misjudged by VVD and went over his head and was on the opposite side to where Lovren is. Don't worry if it really had been Lovrens fault you’d have heard plenty about it.

NV was referring to the chance in the second half. So you’re both right. :)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The way you phrase that has my back up instantly. Tiresome? Who has ever done that? Nobody. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The way you phrase that has my back up instantly. Tiresome? Who has ever done that? Nobody. 

The 2 chances Ardja mentioned were a perfect example , if Lovren had misjudged the first half one like Virgil did there would have been 4 extra pages on the match thread.

1 minute ago, dylstar said:

And Lovrens piledriver...

I think van Dijk entered Lovren's mind for a moment and kicked the ball in the net. It's the only explanation that makes any sense.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

The 2 chances Ardja mentioned were a perfect example , if Lovren had misjudged the first half one like Virgil did there would have been 4 extra pages on the match thread.

There’s a difference in that one wasa world class dipping cross, and the guy that seemingly wins everything in the air didn’t get this one. The other was Lovren being positionally poor. Again. 

Great goal, good game from him, but he’s not great. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

There’s a difference in that one wasa world class dipping cross, and the guy that seemingly wins everything in the air didn’t get this one. The other was Lovren being positionally poor. Again. 

Great goal, good game from him, but he’s not great. 

That's incredibly harsh on Lovren. If the attacker moves that far in front of the front post you have to leave him at it. It's 0.0001% chance he's scoring from there, probably half that again giving it's Joselu. 

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

That's incredibly harsh on Lovren. If the attacker moves that far in front of the front post you have to leave him at it. It's 0.0001% chance he's scoring from there, probably half that again giving it's Joselu. 

Fair enough, mate. I’d have to see it again. But at the time it looked pretty bad. 

14 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Fair enough, mate. I’d have to see it again. But at the time it looked pretty bad. 

The first angle makes it look like Joselu has stolen a march on Lovren and it looks really close to a goal from this angle. I personally think the second angle shows Lovren was caught napping a little bit. The slip by Robertson I think has caught them slightly unaware and Joselu was quicker to react. The third angle shows the Alisson never really looked in trouble and seemed to recognize that it was going wide and perhaps shows that it was wider than the first angle suggested. A couple of defensive errors but Alisson had it covered, based on these clips Clive.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif