You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

I won't post in here again (I promise), and I am really, really happy at the moment - GET IN, reds!

But Lovren needs to be managed.  I don't hate him at the moment - I love every one of the boys tonight!

He got the defender's hat-trick against Wolves - slipped over, got nut-megged, and passed the ball directly to the opposition on the front foot.

It doesn't sit right with me pointing this out - he's a red, we won tonight and we are on an incredible run.  But people trying to counter points made earlier need to have another look at the game with an open mind.

Praying for a quick recovery from our better (and smaller-mouthed) centre halfs.

9 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Watch that performance tonight again and tell me it's good.

I dont need to watch it again to know that Lovren looked a liability. Or to know that Van Dijk made several excellent clearences from crosses and set pieces, which meant we avoided coming under real pressure. Lovren as far as I noticed made none. He tried to deal with one floated cross on 93 minutes, and managed to glance it wide to their winger.

He made the basic error of backing off his opponent several times when we played a high line, to allow them to turn and run at us. Most noteable when his opponent played Traore one on one with Van Dijk in the first half. The fact that we won doesn’t mean he played well.