You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

We shouldn't have sold Klavan but when fit I've no worries about Lovren playing for us I mean fuck me he's been involved with sides that got to a Champs and World Cup Final.

Plus any mistakes he does make might now be bailed out by actually having a keeper who can do those kind of thing you know like all other top sides have.

• 1 month later...

Dejan Lovren called the entire Spain squad a “bunch of pussies” in a rant at Sergio Ramos after their UEFA Nations League clash.

Lovren and Ramos have been in a war of words for some time, with the Liverpool centre-half laying into his counterpart earlier this month.

Ramos refused to bite on Lovren’s comments ahead of their game against Croatia on Thursday.

“I’ve said it many times. I don’t know if these things are said out of frustration or for other reasons,” he told a news conference.

“I’m not going to answer Lovren or whoever wants to win three front pages or start the news bulletin. Everyone wins things for himself on the pitch.”

Croatia emerged as 3-2 winners in a pulsating match, with Tin Jedvaj scoring the decisive goal in stoppage time after Ramos had equalised from the penalty spot.

After the game, Lovren took great pleasure in revelling in the victory on Instagram live.

“Ha ha! 3-2!” Lovren is reported to have said.

“Go ahead and talk now buddy. Buddy! Elbowed him good.

“They are a bunch of pussies.”

He then covered the Spain badge stitched onto his shirt and added: “Only this side [Croatia] is worthy. Now to beat England and walk out like a boss!”

4 hours ago, Elite said:

Lovrens all talk. Now if he was to break Ramos' legs, he'd gain my admiration.

He did give the twat an elbow so at least he has started. Just has to work his way down the body to his legs. 

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely detest this waste of space. He brings panic and confusion to every game he plays in. It's no coincidence that the other defenders have a torrid time when he's on the pitch. Klopp needs to give his head a wobble and just fucking stick to VVD and Gomez who look the best pairing we have and can be a long lasting partnership.

In summary: Lovren gives me massive fucking hemorrhoids.

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I thought he was generally fine on Wednesday, like the rest of the defence.

The problem was with the six in midfield and attack, where only Milner and Mane produced decent performances.

In fairness he wasn't a huge problem in terms of mistakes and effort on Weds. As you correctly point out it was the other 6 that were as limp as fuck.

My bugbear is him being anywhere near the team at all. He just brings panic and chaos. I can't understand Klopp breaking up a very effective back line to accommodate this wrecking ball of a man.

10 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

In fairness he wasn't a huge problem in terms of mistakes and effort on Weds. As you correctly point out it was the other 6 that were as limp as fuck.

My bugbear is him being anywhere near the team at all. He just brings panic and chaos. I can't understand Klopp breaking up a very effective back line to accommodate this wrecking ball of a man.

He's won me over a fair bit since that farce against Spurs a year ago, though Gomez/Van Dijk looks our best option by a distance. His war on Ramos is pretty funny too.

I'm more concerned about his brate Salah. A few goals here and there, but still looks a shadow of what he was last year. Never seems to win a 50/50 sprint or physical tussle any more. Hopefully it'll all click for him soon.