You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

Its the connection between verbally fellating himself and spectacularly bad results/performances that gets fans backs up. As lowly rated as Klavan is,his worst performances have been nowhere near as bad as Lovren's performances so maybe if Lovren just shut up then he may develop consistency. I do feel that his mouthing off is more about convincing himself than anybody else though.

Hmm, must say don't agree, what spectacularly bad results / performances? His last (and I'd say last season's only) performance in that category was the Spurs game, you'd think he regularly comes out with outrageous statements and then regularly fucks up. Surely there should be some kind of statute of limitations on the Spurs horror show (and BTW, we continued to fuck up  in that game after Lovren came off).

He gave a big interview before the City CL games in which he was magnificent, and this interview was no different from his usual bravado, which people conveniently forget. Games he didn't play particularly well, United and a couple of others, were hardly spectacularly bad.

• Upvote 2

Hmm, must say don't agree, what spectacularly bad results / performances? His last (and I'd say last season's only) performance in that category was the Spurs game, you'd think he regularly comes out with outrageous statements and then regularly fucks up. Surely there should be some kind of statute of limitations on the Spurs horror show (and BTW, we continued to fuck up  in that game after Lovren came off).

He gave a big interview before the City CL games in which he was magnificent, and this interview was no different from his usual bravado, which people conveniently forget. Games he didn't play particularly well, United and a couple of others, were hardly spectacularly bad.

This. But he is one of the crowds whipping boys so perception preceeds him and one or two others. I mean the guy has just played in a CL and WC final and a couple of seasons ago played in the EL final and was even unlucky not to score.

The fact is people do not notice the regular cock ups the likes of Stones Smalling Mertsacker Williams etc make because they do not watch them as frequently as our own players.

This. But he is one of the crowds whipping boys so perception preceeds him and one or two others. I mean the guy has just played in a CL and WC final and a couple of seasons ago played in the EL final and was even unlucky not to score.

The fact is people do not notice the regular cock ups the likes of Stones Smalling Mertsacker Williams etc make because they do not watch them as frequently as our own players.

Oh really?  Cause they're all fucking shit, just like Lovren.  More years of mediocrity than I care to remember has burnt Lovren's bridges.  He's not some new signing that made one or two mistakes, he's been woeful from day one with spells where he doesn't fuck up but never oozes class like VVD.

Bad news for the haters.  Klopp likes him and rates him.  Unless we get a crazy offer with the chance to replace him immediately with suitable quality then he's going nowhere.

Even if Lovren were to go, a lot of posters would just switch to slating someone else in the team/squad.

That's just how some roll.

Angry and Josef Svejk would be happy to hear that the singer from the "Nazi" Croatian song some pages back has been riding with the team on the open top bus for the past hour or so, as their special guest.

Trust  Croatia to smear every potentially great event with shit. They are truly like that scorpion, which needs to sting the frog carrying him across the river, because it's in his nature.

Hmm, must say don't agree, what spectacularly bad results / performances? His last (and I'd say last season's only) performance in that category was the Spurs game, you'd think he regularly comes out with outrageous statements and then regularly fucks up. Surely there should be some kind of statute of limitations on the Spurs horror show (and BTW, we continued to fuck up in that game after Lovren came off).

Also made a stupid error that led to a goal versus United and generally does a lot stupid things that,fortunately,go unpunished. He did improve once VVD became a regular but we reached the CL final and 4th in league very much thanks to our strikers. VVD has been brilliant but we did our best to allow Roma to progress to final rather than us. I'd also add Dzeko's goal at Anfield to Lovren's fuck ups,but when I say fuck up I tend to often me poor decision making and thinking he is much better than he actually is. I think he's ok but nowhere as good as he thinks he is.

Angry and Josef Svejk would be happy to hear that the singer from the "Nazi" Croatian song some pages back has been riding with the team on the open top bus for the past hour or so, as their special guest.

Trust  Croatia to smear every potentially great event with shit. They are truly like that scorpion, which needs to sting the frog carrying him across the river, because it's in his nature.

On the plus side, it gives us an opportunity to redouble efforts to projectile-vomit our spleen on Lovren.  In the absence of having to prepare a post-World Cup winning interview about now being indisputably the best defender in the world, it was doubtless his idea to invite the Nazi lutist on board. Perhaps the two of them will pen a new, sinister verse to "Spustila se Gusta Magla" - about the Partizan threats of VAR and diving Frenchmen.

They are truly like that scorpion, which needs to sting the frog carrying him across the river, because it's in his nature.

For me, the frog has to do better there, Clive. How many times have we seen that exact move from the scorpion?

• Upvote 1

For me, the frog has to do better there, Clive. How many times have we seen that exact move from the scorpion?

If you look closely, the frog actually arches his back to negotiate a current mid-river.

Back-to-sting for me.  

VAR harsh on the scorpion.  Spawny frog.

Yep, players shouldn't mouth off... around 95% of them would be better off shutting the fuck up.

Agreed. I couldn’t help but wince a little when Salah responded with “Don’t worry, I will.” when asked if he could repeat the season he just had.

Re Lovren I think he had a good season overall. I’ll allow him to be happy with it. He had some horror shows e.g., against Spurs at Wembley, and he also had some world class performances e.g., CL Final where he put in one of the best performances from a Liverpool defender I’ve seen, against the arguably the best forward of all time in Cristiano Ronaldo. Having said that I also would’ve rather he kept his mouth shut, and just focus on performing to that level every week.

On the plus side, it gives us an opportunity to redouble efforts to projectile-vomit our spleen on Lovren.  In the absence of having to prepare a post-World Cup winning interview about now being indisputably the best defender in the world, it was doubtless his idea to invite the Nazi lutist on board. Perhaps the two of them will pen a new, sinister verse to "Spustila se Gusta Magla" - about the Partizan threats of VAR and diving Frenchmen.

Overall, they managed to negotiate the homecoming without any big incidents, other than the controversial guest of honour, although at times it was more nerve wracking than the final. There was some timely mike snatching  and sorry-there-is-no-backtrack maneuvers to make sure it remains in the boundaries of a magnificent and highly emotional  if occasionally chaotic event.

Overall, they managed to negotiate the homecoming without any big incidents, other than the controversial guest of honour, although at times it was more nerve wracking than the final. There was some timely mike snatching  and sorry-there-is-no-backtrack maneuvers to make sure it remains in the boundaries of a magnificent and highly emotional  if occasionally chaotic event.

My brother-in-law made the trip to Zagreb to watch the final with his mates.  

I dare say he stayed to watch the homecoming queens.

Dedication I guess.

This lad has slowly but surely elevated himself to the position of my current favourite LFC player.

I like Lovren too. I accept his limitations because overall he’s net positive for us. I have to say though, I’m a bit scared that he’d start the season over-confident after season he just had, and it would blow up in his face.