You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

The double standards on here is laughable. If this was an English player, exact performances since he’s been here and exact quotes and things in the press, he’d be a complete outsider and universally disliked among our fans.

Take out the fact he’s bang average, but he’s also an absolute tit. The things he’s blamed bad form on are mental, most notably on sakho having a poor grasp of the English language.

The ones on here who are congratulating him for getting under people’s skin are laughable too. Like he’s some kind of witty genius. He’s not, he’s thick, arrogant and deluded.

I’ll celebrate him leaving as if we had just signed Messi.

• Upvote 3

The double standards on here is laughable. If this was an English player, exact performances since he’s been here and exact quotes and things in the press, he’d be a complete outsider and universally disliked among our fans.

Take out the fact he’s bang average, but he’s also an absolute tit. The things he’s blamed bad form on are mental, most notably on sakho having a poor grasp of the English language.

The ones on here who are congratulating him for getting under people’s skin are laughable too. Like he’s some kind of witty genius. He’s not, he’s thick, arrogant and deluded.

He's an idiot who has largely done an ok job overall. If he leaves I just hope we get a good fee and a decent replacement. I won't really feel much joy or hatred either way and his outbursts are a mixture of face palming and a rolling of the eyes in disbelief. He's a bit of a fun figure but I'll have no problem with him winning a WC winners medal as Modric and Rakitic are as good as any of their fellow players in the world.

Haha, he’s really got to you.

If Croatia actually win, Dejan will be swanning around Melwood windmilling his dick, and spending the next month ringing up Ox in the early hours just to shout "I won the World Cup!" down the phone. Frank Leboeuf's bragging from 20 years ago will pale in insignificance.

But, surely, first you'd like him to fuck up lots more times and cost us lots more crucial games so that his price plummets and we end up making a loss on him.

Then you can really hate the thick, arrogant, non-Oscar Wilde-witted, delusional tit.

Hopefully, we'll also have a reverse-unveiling of him when he leaves - a "stripping", if you will - with him handing back his jersey to Klopp... so you can really savour that as-good-as-signing-Messi moment.

And I'll stop calling you surely.

Not Dejan specifically but it just fucks me off beyond the solar system how when our players make major fuck ups it doesn't seem to be in one of those games we are trouncing sides it's always costly and either we don't recover from it or we were shocking before the mistake.

They picks their moments Dejan is a player whose picked his moments and karius has taken it to new levels.

For a player many do not rate and makes major gaffs he will have appeared in a CL and World Cup final in the same season. Awesome quiz question for the future.

I think Ballack is the last (and only?) player to lose both finals in one year. Hope Lovren doesn’t join him.

Going to need to be one hell of a specific question, since there’ll be players on both sides who’ve played in both this year. He’s not even the only Croatian to do so.

The other was on the winning side of the champions league final though.

And I don't think we have any French players.

I'll allow it.

Edit: Nevermind I got confused with a slightly different part of the conversation.

Yep.

By comparison, almost, the outstanding shite that came out of Rodgers' mouth was defended as gospel. 

We've had some top quality shite spouted by managers over recent times.  Klopp is the only one I can listen to with any sense of credulity since the pre-illness Gerard Houllier.  They all either lost the plot, succumb to the pressure, or just spout bullshit thinking they can fool the players and the fans.  Even Klopp's homespun Aryan philosophy can get a bit much sometimes.  It's worth treating any management speak with a dose of healthy scepticism. 

• Upvote 3

We've had some top quality shite spouted by managers over recent times.  Klopp is the only one I can listen to with any sense of credulity since the pre-illness Gerard Houllier.  They all either lost the plot, succumb to the pressure, or just spout bullshit thinking they can fool the players and the fans.  Even Klopp's homespun Aryan philosophy can get a bit much sometimes.  It's worth treating any management speak with a dose of healthy scepticism. 

It's complete overkill. A 20 minute pre-match press conference, twice a week, along with short interviews before and after games and then a post-game press conference with people expecting him to recreate the wheel with every line. I'd imagine he finds it more draining than anything else in the job.

Anyway, it's all relative to what's happening in the pitch. I found myself nodding along to Rodgers' sage observations when we were after battering Man United at Old Trafford. I couldn't stand to listen to what was probably the exact same nonsense twelve months later when things were falling apart.

• Upvote 1

Yes, even though Klopp is a naturally brilliant communicator, not everything should make the final album cut and the episode of Jurgen's Gardening Tips on pitch watering methods was a bit embarrassing.

My recent  favourite was always Conte, his first year in the PL was absolutely brilliant, nobody in the media seemed to notice that he was not giving them cliches, he wasn't in fact saying anything, just some words which you could then pretend relate to what he was asked after the game or to football in general or to anything at all. He mellowed a little later on.

We've had some top quality shite spouted by managers over recent times. Klopp is the only one I can listen to with any sense of credulity since the pre-illness Gerard Houllier. They all either lost the plot, succumb to the pressure, or just spout bullshit thinking they can fool the players and the fans. Even Klopp's homespun Aryan philosophy can get a bit much sometimes. It's worth treating any management speak with a dose of healthy scepticism.

Aryan philosophy?