You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

The thing I don't get is that Klopp is not a stupid man.

Why on earth is Lovren still at the club? How the fuck did he get a new contract?

Klopp must have watched a shitload of our games before he joined, albeit after to check the problems. He must have seen that Lovren was a fucking liability.

Even if he didn't, why has it taken until yesterday for the penny to drop.

The same theory applies to:

Mignolet, Moreno, Henderson, Sturridge.

Would love to fucking know how many goals Lovren has cost us during his time with us directly or indirectly due to his shiteness.

Lovren is the manifestation of a much deeper issue, namely the club's belief it can make decent players out of turkeys, Of course from time to time under performing players can be sparked into life but more often than not they don't . It obviously stems from the owners unwillingness to spend what it takes to win trophies, Its an expensive business binning players off that cost millions but successful clubs have to do it , 

I don't think it's a confidence thing, i just think he's shit. He's been terrible most of his career. Lyon couldn't believe the amount of money Southampton paid for him. That one season at Southampton was an anomaly in a career laden with errors and poor performances.

The mistakes for all the goals were bad (not all obviously on Lovren when he was binned), but his mistake for the second was the most basic.  And it isn't the first time he's made such a basic mistake.  Trying to nip in front of his player to intercept a long ball only to fail miserably by completely misjudging the flight of the ball.  I'm sure he's done this about 4 times in his time here, all leading to goals.  Even at amateur level you rarely if ever see a defender so clumsily fail to assess the flight of a long ball.

I honestly thought he'd done it on purpose, for both goals. Watching them again I think it's more likely that's he's simply dreadful.

I like Klopp a lot, but if he can't organise a defence, then what's the point?

Thank god for Everton.

I honestly thought he'd done it on purpose, for both goals. Watching them again I think it's more likely that's he's simply dreadful.

Thank god for Everton.

I honestly thought he was on drugs.

Fuck the flight of the ball - you are one on one with their centre forward - keep yourself between him and the gola - it is the most basic tenet of defending.

Learning the offside rule from a throw in rule would be a start, Any other job and he would be sacked on the spot for gross negligence 

I think a lot is being made of the two goals for his errors led to. Let's not forget that he also gave away two other very good scoring opportunities. Spurs should have been four up within half an hour, thanks almost exclusively to this cunt.

Nah, thanks exclusively to the owners who haven't spent to replace him years ago when he proved to be dogshit. Worse still, they gave him a new contract to protect his value.

Nah, thanks exclusively to the owners who haven't spent to replace him years ago when he proved to be dogshit. Worse still, they gave him a new contract to protect his value.

I've mentioned that ridiculous contract on a couple of occasions(at least) and I still have no idea what anybody was thinking at the time. If fact they obviously weren't thinking at all. A disaster waiting to happen,Mignolet too.

Thank god for Everton.

When people talk about throwing games, surely someone will look at this one and think hmmmm...

As spectacularly bad as he was on Sunday, he's deflecting some some pretty awful other performances around the pitch.

Salah's the only ray of light at the moment. We're missing Mane badly, and permacrock Lallana also provides some leadership when he actually plays, which is now so rare that he's an irrelevance.

Absolutely gutless at the moment. No leadership from the bench or on the pitch.

The Maribor thing was always an irrelevance, like a lot of Champions League group matches. Even Moyes won 5-0 away at Leverkusen.