You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

We have no defensive set up at all, a terrible keeper and weak centre mids with no holding player.

I think he is terrible but our defenders don't have much chance to be honest.

Klopp has shown no competence in setting up a defence

It seems we need 5 leaders at thr back ajd a holder who know how to do it all them selves

I do agree with the bit in bold.

But, that first goal had nothing to do with that. He missed a ball in the 6 yard box - coming at him, as good an example of run of the mill defending you are likely to see. 

In his last six games for us, he has made an error against Boro that should have led to a penalty and a sending off (in an important game), gave a penalty away against Hoffenheim (another important game), error that led to a goal at home (important game again), and on Wednesday air shot leading to a goal (important game).

I think we can all live with an error every now and again, we know that he has the propensity to do this. But, he is doing this every single game now! 

Completely agree, his head has completely gone.  How can you be falling over in the 6 yard box?  

no one  talks either, imagine carra playing now, he would probably just explode.

Yep. Leadership is an issue - i'm not as down on Henderson as others, but in this regard he is next to fucking useless. Mistakes happen, that doesn't mean you clap the intention if a ball is passed out of play, or a player goes missing! 

Someone needs to fucking scream 'get your fucking head together' there has to be a couple of moaners. 

Catch 22 at the moment, Lovren needs to be dropped - but Klavan is nowhere near good enough for first team. Klopp needed Lovren to step up, he put his reputation on the line for him - and, he's been given this shit. I want Gomez and Matip and Milner or TAA at right back. 

But what I want means fuck all! 

Yep. Leadership is an issue - i'm not as down on Henderson as others, but in this regard he is next to fucking useless. Mistakes happen, that doesn't mean you clap the intention if a ball is passed out of play, or a player goes missing! 

Someone needs to fucking scream 'get your fucking head together' there has to be a couple of moaners. 

Catch 22 at the moment, Lovren needs to be dropped - but Klavan is nowhere near good enough for first team. Klopp needed Lovren to step up, he put his reputation on the line for him - and, he's been given this shit. I want Gomez and Matip and Milner or TAA at right back. 

But what I want means fuck all! 

There is no someone at the moment,  Milner is the only possible option right now and he is pretty much out of favour with Klopp. The debate about Henderson is pointless until there is a better alternative although I do agree he is no natural leader and fails to lead by example.

Along with the defence it's another area that has been neglected since Stevie stepped down.

The club has been guilty of hoping players will grow into their roles rather than recognising the likes of Henderson  and Lovren are as good as they will be and failing to act decisively, 

There is no someone at the moment,  Milner is the only possible option right now and he is pretty much out of favour with Klopp. The debate about Henderson is pointless until there is a better alternative although I do agree he is no natural leader and fails to lead by example.

Along with the defence it's another area that has been neglected since Stevie stepped down.

The club has been guilty of hoping players will grow into their roles rather than recognising the likes of Henderson  and Lovren are as good as they will be and failing to act decisively, 

This precedes klopp in all fairness. We haven't had that leader since Suarez and Gerrard went, as I say, I was fuming when Moreno turned to clap Lovren on Wednesday when he put a simple ball out of play! 

I don't think Milner has fallen out per se. He is where he should be - on the bench. Lovren is just pathetic at the moment, and as usual what we hoped wouldn't happen has actually happened and is a lot worse. Keita isn't a leader either, so what we are going to do is anybody's guess. 

We are just too nice. 

• 3 weeks later...

Taking 5 painkillers before every match to get through it. Can't train. As well as being rubbish it was obvious his body wasn't up to it last year.

When we have to resort to this, with a player that isn't good enough when fit, it says everything about the position we've put ourselves in.

Big fan of Klopp but the mistake not to add both quality and depth to our defence will really cost us.

Taking 5 painkillers before every match to get through it. Can't train. As well as being rubbish it was obvious his body wasn't up to it last year.

What about the pain us fans go through watching him defend?

Maybe we should all be taking 5 painkillers to dull his shitness.

I dunno what's worse. Watching him defending or blabbing off to the media.