You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bristol

lifetime fan

Parkway, Blade! Only a cunt would get a train to Temple Meads*. 

*I have no idea what Temple Meads is. 

Temple Meads is the bigger train station in Bristol, near the centre and has plenty of decent pubs near it. Parkway is just around the corner from where I'm currently living and there aren't any decent pubs.

Your best bet will be to get a paper and go to the Beaufort Arms, it's nothing special though mate.

• Upvote 1

Where in Bristol are you mate? if you fancy watching the unmentionable any time give me a shout.

The best time for the balloon fiesta is about half four in the morning, its dead quiet getting there, you don't have loads of brats running around screaming, it's just very relaxing and cool.

St Andrews mate, lovely area. Yep been meaning to go to that that shall not be named for a little while.  Definitely this season.

Is there anything I should definitely do/go to while I'm down here? 

St Andrews mate, lovely area. Yep been meaning to go to that that shall not be named for a little while. Definitely this season.

Is there anything I should definitely do/go to while I'm down here?

Lovely houses in St. Andrews, I'm about 30 minutes from you. You've plenty of great bars, pubs, shops and places to eat around Gloucester Road. You've got the park and you're spitting distance of the cricket club.

The Cat and Wheel is where you want to watch the unmentionable. It's a spit and sawdust place but the landlord is a red and you get at least 2 dozen other reds in there and a cracking atmosphere.

I've the number for Paul who runs the Bristol Supporters Club and they put on transport and some tickets for less popular games so give me a shout if you'd like it.

As for the rest of what to do here just go out and have a look, there's always plenty going on, music, birds with big tits, private parties, food etc.

If you can ignore the cunts it's a great city to live in.

• 2 weeks later...

Moved down 8 months ago, fucking loving it.

And can't wait for this weekend after next:

mh-bballoonf-gallery.jpg

I actually have a weekend off so I'm going Saturday morning. Will probably get up there about half five to watch them set up, take off and then go for a stonking breakfast to set me up for the day.

Lived there in the late 80s, never been back and so no idea what it's like today. The terrible accent is something I do remember, that and the dearth of female talent. Decent City though as I recall.

I've lived in Bristol for twenty years and the accent is nowhere near as bad as the common conception of it. You get the odd one, but the overwhelming majority have quite soft accents. As for female talent, if you walk up park street during a lunch time the amount of talent is overwhelming.

I moved here as a kid when my parents ran pubs. They've left the city, I've stayed. Granted my missus is a Bristol girl and my kids have been brought up here, but I'd stay regardless.

Lovely city, full of great people, well most of them.

• 4 years later...
4 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I had my first ‘meet you outside KFC’ PM in 15 years last week, if I could make the gimp XI now too I’ll be ruling the internet this month. 

Life doesn't get any better than this, mate

• Upvote 1