You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ebay wankers.

withnail71

Our dryer was fucked so Mrs Turdseye put it on Facebook for spares and repairs. She was about to change the listing to ‘free’ yesterday but then some bloke messaged her and agreed a price of £25. She told me he was coming to pick it up this morning.

He’s just turned up alone, meaning I had to put my shoes and coat on and help him carry it out in the rain. That’s bad etiquette straight away. Then he decided to try and haggle me over a fiver, pulling three tenners out of his pocket and claiming he didn’t have the right change. Not my problem. I’ll take the £30 then. You arranged a price before you arrived, you pathetic fucking weasel. We could have each gone about our day without having to go through this ridiculous charade. 

I’m not arsed about the fiver, I just wanted the dryer out of the way, but these people get right on my tits and I’ll stand firm as a matter of principle. 

• Upvote 2

Had similar re having to carry shit you’ve just sold a while back. Better half put a cast iron Victorian fireplace and surround which has been sat in our shed for 3 years on gumtree. When we bought it, it took me and 2 removals lads to carry it. Lass who bought it turned up with her elderly dad. All eyes were quickly upon me once the pleasantries were over.

The shed is at the far end of the garden, up paved steps and across decking which becomes treacherous when wet. It had been pissing it down all night. I discreetly looked the old fucker up and down and made a few bitter internal remarks about sending someone infirm to help lift something which will give me a hernia.

Had to ask him to stop four times on our way to the front of the house. I sounded like Vader when Luke takes his mask off. He was lovely about it and told me he was a retired builder but still keeps his hand in. Came very close to handing them their cash back when he was more or less carrying it and me on the last leg to the car.

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

They do.  Buyer claimed he hadn't received it and left negative feedback saying it wasn't received.  I checked the feedback he had left other sellers, he had left loads of negative feedback saying items weren't received. 

He opened a case against me so I called him a scammer.  He then said "I haven't had this problem before", so I put him on the spot with my cunning question.  Today he closed his request.

Total scam.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

They do.  Buyer claimed he hadn't received it and left negative feedback saying it wasn't received.  I checked the feedback he had left other sellers, he had left loads of negative feedback saying items weren't received. 

He opened a case against me so I called him a scammer.  He then said "I haven't had this problem before", so I put him on the spot with my cunning question.  Today he closed his request.

Total scam.

What if it's genuine and his postie's a bit of a robbing nonce? 

You've just conned an innocent old fella who has nothing to enjoy but his Hi-Fi that he bought back in the 90s. 

Just now, Six Buoys said:

What if it's genuine and his postie's a bit of a robbing nonce? 

You've just conned an innocent old fella who has nothing to enjoy but his Hi-Fi that he bought back in the 90s. 

Then he should take it up with his postie.  

He left negative feedback without contacting me first, and has done it to loads of sellers.  I gave him a chance to answer my question, he couldn't come up with an answer.

You should be able to contact eBay to get your negative feedback removed. I did that once when some idiot left me negative feedback because he thought the micro-sized action figures I was selling, and which were clearly described as such, were larger sized.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

You should be able to contact eBay to get your negative feedback removed. I did that once when some idiot left me negative feedback because he thought the micro-sized action figures I was selling, and which were clearly described as such, were larger sized.

I tried in a live chat with them the other day, but the person I was chatting to had a stock answer.  I tried but all she would say is "there is no policy breach so I can't remove the negative feedback".  I gave her 1 star out of 5 in the post chat survey.

I might try again now that the buyer has unilaterally closed his request.

• 10 months later...
On 18/07/2019 at 14:10, Strontium Dog™ said:

That was small time of him. Big of you to let him off. 

On 18/07/2019 at 14:10, Strontium Dog™ said:

source.gif

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

Wallapop wankers.

These are even worse than Ebay wankers (and obviously the alliteration is nice).

Selling something for a tenner -

"Would you accept 30p?"

"What about 34p and some fluff from my pocket?"

"Ok, 37p, final offer"

"Right, 42p, but can you meet me on the moon?"

"48p, but I want a four year guarantee"

"If you message me again, I am going to kill off your entire bloodline"

Someone off here was trolling me on ebay last year when I was trying to sell my road bike. I'd have been lucky to get £100 for it at the time but just wanted rid so would have taken whatever the highest bid was. However, I couldn't be arsed playing games with the troll gobshite who just kept asking question after question after question, so I removed it from sale.

Relisted it just over a week ago as now is a really good time to sell bikes. Got over £300 for it and it was picked up on Saturday. 

Cheers for that whoever you are.

• Upvote 3