You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ebay wankers.

withnail71

5 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Been having a bit of a clear out, so thought I'd try sticking a few things on eBay.

Unfortunately the "Best Offer" option leads to bellends trying their luck; I end up quibbling over 25p on sheer principle that I don't want to be the one to cave.

What are you selling?

Nosey bastard, me.

• Upvote 1

Got an offer for an upgraded Mac Min I do not use, so I accepted it. "Oh I won't be buying it" says the knob that bought it.

Got an offer off eBay for a phone, specifically says in my description I won't do deals off eBay. Next thing I'm getting a warning from eBay for trying to sell off eBay. 

You can stop low ball offers by setting an auto reject lowball prices that you can specify. I generally price at retail (new things) and then set my offers for lower. This usually means I can vet the profile of any offers and if they look dodgy they get rejected.

Been a member for 19 years, have near a couple of thousand positive feedback. It's fucking shit now and I only really sell things when I have those £1 final fee offers. It's a scammers haven and as stated above, all favouring the buyers. The removal of the ability to leave negative feedback for buyers has just caused so much hassle for sellers as I've known buyers to almost blackmail for discounts after receiving goods. 

6 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Been having a bit of a clear out, so thought I'd try sticking a few things on eBay.

Unfortunately the "Best Offer" option leads to bellends trying their luck; I end up quibbling over 25p on sheer principle that I don't want to be the one to cave.

We were selling loads of Turdsette’s Paw Patrol figures/vehicles and a couple of other bits she doesn’t want last week on Facebook. They were all £14-£15 brand new and still in perfect condition. I thought £6 each was a reasonable amount to ask for, plus it would give her enough money to make a trip to the toy shop worthwhile this weekend. 

Every single person to respond was a tit. 

“Will you do two for a tenner?”

”I’ll give you £25 for the lot”

”£4 for the Skye one”

Fucking do one, you sad cunts. They’re cheap at £6, you’ll pay that anyway so why do we have to go through this pathetic charade? Boiled my piss all day, it did.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

We were selling loads of Turdsette’s Paw Patrol figures/vehicles and a couple of other bits she doesn’t want last week on Facebook. They were all £14-£15 brand new and still in perfect condition. I thought £6 each was a reasonable amount to ask for, plus it would give her enough money to make a trip to the toy shop worthwhile this weekend. 

”£4 for the Skye one”

Fucking do one, you sad cunts. They’re cheap at £6, you’ll pay that anyway so why do we have to go through this pathetic charade? Boiled my piss all day, it did.

I get this almost every time with electrical goods on Gumtree. Put something up priced to sell, and within ten minutes some junkie is trying to score it for a pittance. It's no coincidence that it's always with stuff they can take into cash converters.

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

”£4 for the Skye one”

Goes the other way too though. Theres not many bargains to be found in the musical instrument section now, at least not on our version of Ebay which is called TradeMe. Dickheads trying to sell a 1000 dollar plus instrument for like 50 dollars less than they paid for it several years ago. Fuck off.

10 hours ago, 16613 said:

Been a member for 19 years, have near a couple of thousand positive feedback. It's fucking shit now and I only really sell things when I have those £1 final fee offers. It's a scammers haven and as stated above, all favouring the buyers. The removal of the ability to leave negative feedback for buyers has just caused so much hassle for sellers as I've known buyers to almost blackmail for discounts after receiving goods.

Snowflake.

• Downvote 1

So you get an offer for an item on eBay, check their profile, all looks good. So you accept their offer and they pay via PayPal. That day you go off the the post office and send the item carefully packaged and registered to them. You also send them a photo of the package and inform them it will arrive tomorrow using eBay messaging and you register the tracking number with eBay and PayPal. The buyer replies thanking you.

Sounds great, £170 and only £1 selling fees promo so job done. However one month later the buyer contacts their credit card and says the purchase was unauthorised. PayPal deduct the cash from your account and tell you it could take 75 days to sort. Despite the buyer signing for the item at the PayPal confirmed address and then the buyer leaving me positive feedback for the purchase on my eBay account.

Paypal could not find their arse with both hands and say it's with the card issuer, eBay say it's Paypal's problem and refuse to do anything despite being able to see the chargeback.

At this point they're just openly encouraging criminal activity on their site. After 19 years I'm done on eBay and once this is sorted I will be closing both my PayPal and eBay accounts. I should be covered on sellers protection but the scammers do not have to even be that clever, blatant fraud is ignored. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Put a telly on gumtree this morning, it’s a no brand thing but 32”, mint condition and works perfectly. 

Ad said it was £50 or a sensible offer and you’d have to collect. 

The number of cunts I’ve had call or text with piss take questions and offers is a joke.

Will you take £15 for it?

What if I give you £20, will you deliver it?

Will you take a cheque?

Had some cunt say he wanted it for £40 and he’d pick it up in 15 minutes.

Hour and a half later he sends me a text asking me what the model number is? 

Its a fucking telly for £40 you prick. 

8 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Put a telly on gumtree this morning, it’s a no brand thing but 32”, mint condition and works perfectly. 

Ad said it was £50 or a sensible offer and you’d have to collect. 

The number of cunts I’ve had call or text with piss take questions and offers is a joke.

Will you take £15 for it?

What if I give you £20, will you deliver it?

Will you take a cheque?

Had some cunt say he wanted it for £40 and he’d pick it up in 15 minutes.

Hour and a half later he sends me a text asking me what the model number is? 

Its a fucking telly for £40 you prick. 

I might be interested, mate.

Has it got teletext?

If so, I’ll send my wife to collect it. Can you meet her halfway between Bristol and North Yorkshire?

• Upvote 4

Guest Pistonbroke

Worra cunt, some people just take the piss. I tend to give away stuff to people I know who need it and will be grateful rather than put up with strangers who just take the piss. 

I was selling my youngest lads bike last summer. It was a Specialized kids bike to suit a 5/6 year old that cost me about £300 new, put it on a local sale site for £90 and got one woman ask if I would take thirty quid so I told her politely that she was taking the piss she said I was taking the piss because she could go to Argos and get a new bike for less than I was asking for mine. 

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

I was selling my youngest lads bike last summer. It was a Specialized kids bike to suit a 5/6 year old that cost me about £300 new, put it on a local sale site for £90 and got one woman ask if I would take thirty quid so I told her politely that she was taking the piss she said I was taking the piss because she could go to Argos and get a new bike for less than I was asking for mine. 

A tricycle for toddlers maybe.

Gumtree is the worst.  Put a Silvercross buggy on there, probably cost about £200 new, in nearly spotless condition for £50.  Some fella offers me £45, not arsed about the fiver so I accept and the item shows as sold.  When can he pick up? "Week on friday" any time sooner? "Can you deliver?" my ad specifically said I wouldn't deliver. "Can maybe do it this Wednesday will let you know."  

Obviously I didn't hear back from him so I relisted it and had someone pick it up for the full £50 the same day. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

There should be a law passed making it a crime to haggle over second hand goods listed at £50 and under. 

There’s two examples on this page of long term posters enabling these tight bellends which is allowing them to flourish. 

Many moons ago I bought a car that was taxed and MoT’d for under £50. 

17 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

That's standard, you get it all the time with cars. People calling about a car and then saying they can get the same car on ebay for £50. Well, yeah you can, assuming you don't mind the fact the one on ebay has no floors and no MOT when the one I am selling is pretty much perfect and has nothing wrong with it at all and has 12 months MOT on it. My stock response to that is just "well I would buy the ebay one if that's what you want". Trouble is these are the people you don't want to sell to as they will become a pain if there are any issues down the line.

I don't know how much of it is people being tight and how much is just that people are stupid and don't actually know what they are looking at.

Listed some shit today. I always state that there is no buy it now price.

What u looking for mate for spezial jacket ?

woulld you and what would you want to take this off .cheers

Hi how much your buy it now price ?

Do u have a buy it now ?

Never say hi or thank you either. Bell sniffs

Been trying to sell a pram on ebay for the last 11 months - it's been 'bought' 6 or 7 times and every time the daft cunts are fucking MILES away - Luton, Bristol, Sheffield, despite me saying it's collection only they then proceed to ignore every message and it end's up being relisted AGAIN!

I've got all their addresses mind, so they'll all be receiving lots of crap through the post soon enough.

10 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Been trying to sell a pram on ebay for the last 11 months - it's been 'bought' 6 or 7 times and every time the daft cunts are fucking MILES away - Luton, Bristol, Sheffield, despite me saying it's collection only they then proceed to ignore every message and it end's up being relisted AGAIN!

I've got all their addresses mind, so they'll all be receiving lots of crap through the post soon enough.

Love the passive aggressive junk mail revenge.

I occasionally check Gumtree for local sports groups / classes, and the following was in there today:

Vicar of Dibley on VHS - Series two, £8 no offers.

This intrigued me to see what his other ads were like, and I wasn’t expecting this.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/sports-teams-partners/tatt-s-amazing-/1342885342

Just check the pictures out.