You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester Airport Lounges

Ezekiel 25:17

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

. Missed it was limited to Manchester. 

we went to an escape lounge last year and it was shit.  Woman on the bar rationing beer. Fuck off. 

Yep, when I flew to vegas from there on a Christmas Day, we went to the escape lounge and it was shite. It was empty and they were still slow as fuck and had barely anything stocked.

The lounge in Dubai though… amazing.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

. Missed it was limited to Manchester. 

we went to an escape lounge last year and it was shit.  Woman on the bar rationing beer. Fuck off. 

Airport lounge at Bristol Airport used to be self service apart from spirits and sparkling wine. 

My hand luggage was clinking all the way as I walked onto my flight. Then instead of paying stupid prices for coke can sized shit beers on the flight to Kefalonia I was drinking bottles of Peroni. 

Hope it’s still the same in September. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Fugitive said:

Yep, when I flew to vegas from there on a Christmas Day, we went to the escape lounge and it was shite. It was empty and they were still slow as fuck and had barely anything stocked.

The lounge in Dubai though… amazing.

Dubai lounge is incredible - much like the brunches over there. 

3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Dubai lounge is incredible - much like the brunches over there. 

When I came back with work were in the first class lounge, it was like being in a fine dining restaurant.  I was obviously shit faced. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Strontium said:

Manchester Airport is owned by all 10 councils of Manchester. 1 Tory, 1 Lib Dem, 8 Labour.

The same councils that keep having their budgets cut? I don't think Airport walkways are high on the agenda versus day centres for handicapped people and so on.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The same councils that keep having their budgets cut? I don't think Airport walkways are high on the agenda versus day centres for handicapped people and so on.

What about handicapped people at the airport?

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Don't really understand what council budgets have to do with a commercial operation like an airport, but okay.

3 hours ago, Strontium said:

Don't really understand what council budgets have to do with a commercial operation like an airport, but okay.

You literally brought local councils into it to have a snide dig at Labour, but ok. 

Number 1 airport in the UK according to Holiday Extras so well done Labour. If it was a majority Lib Dem owned airport then they'd lie to people so you'd take off thinking you're off to Sardinia and you'd land in Stranraer, students would have to pay triple the flight cost and they'd let the tories dry-bum the fuck out of it. 

facts-are-fact-monique-heart.gif

Evidently you prefer that one, because you ignored all the others above it in the Google search results.

Not sure how Vlad's utterly irrelevant comment about council budgets rebuffed anything, but there we are.