You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester Airport Lounges

Ezekiel 25:17

Al, the best parking option is this: http://www.skyparksecure.com/

When you arrive, there's a derp waiting for you at arrivals who drives your car off to a secure car park. 

When you come back, he's waiting for you in the same spot. No fucking about with buses between car park and departures. 

Cost me £42 for a week

Tom, your car has been used as a taxi for a week, and has been parked on a council estate round the corner from the derp's house.  

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...

My wife has an Airport Angels card through her Barclays Current Account. Used it in Manchester, Heathrow, Dubai, Bangkok & LA. They are quality. Never have a great selection of beer, or one to my specific taste, but for free, you can't go wrong.

The one in Dubai was ace. Had an affiliation with some Indian Airline and got loads of free curry (which was really nice) and Tiger Beer before trip back to Manchester.

They're usually only small cans or small(ish) bottles.  There was a guy in Germany who booked a first class flight with Lufthansa (which gave him full lounge access).  Would have a meal and booze, then postpone his flight.  Did it about 15 times in total, ended up being sued though.

That's bizarre but funny as fuck

I got a joint account with the missus with this as a perk. Then we split up and they wouldn't let me close the account without written consent from her. I couldn't get that because we weren't in touch, so they froze the account. It costs me nothing, but I still get the cards.

That's a cheap alternative option for you!

I can't but help think these are another symptom of society slipping into terminal decadence and decay

Is it really that difficult just to sit down in a seat in the main bit with a book or in the Wetherspoons if you fancy a light ale or two?

If you have an 8 hour stop-over between intercontinental flights, it can be a life saver to have somewhere secure and quiet to nap in comfort and quiet. It's also cheaper, the food and drink are usually better and you'll generally get a nice view of the runway or similar. You'll also get somewhere to charge your laptop or phone and they'll let you know if your flight has been delayed.

As for society slipping into decadence, have a look at what flying was like in the 50s or 60s and compare it with economy class today.

If you have an 8 hour stop-over between intercontinental flights, it can be a life saver to have somewhere secure and quiet to nap in comfort and quiet. It's also cheaper, the food and drink are usually better and you'll generally get a nice view of the runway or similar. You'll also get somewhere to charge your laptop or phone and they'll let you know if your flight has been delayed.

As for society slipping into decadence, have a look at what flying was like in the 50s or 60s and compare it with economy class today.

I wasn't being entirely serious, mate

If people think it's good and worthwhile then cool

However, it is worth noting that you can generally charge your electrics via a handy floor socket; there's a screen that tells you what flights are delayed and a runway isn't generally that interesting or attractive

If i flew a lot i'm sure i'd change my mind but as i don't...

• 7 years later...

I want to nominate Manchester Airport to one of the worst airports in the world..

Fuckin hell what a shithole.

It's like a half marathon to walk from the new terminal to the station, and the fuckin moving walkways have not been working since September when I started going over again after the Pandemic.

Is this a plot to piss me off? I hate things that is not working.

Had a flight through Amsterdam today, everything top notch, Manchester? Fuckin sick of that place now.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Code said:

I want to nominate Manchester Airport to one of the worst airports in the world..

It's like a half marathon to walk from the new terminal to the station, and the fuckin transport walkways have not been working since September when I started going over again after the Pandemic.

Use you influence mate to sort it, if anyone can you can.

4 minutes ago, Code said:

It's like a half marathon to walk from the new terminal to the station, and the fuckin transport walkways have not been working since September when I started going over again after the Pandemic.

It cost me £6 to drop someone off the other week.  I was stopped for less than a minute.  

4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Use you influence mate to sort it, if anyone can you can.

If it was Stavanger Airport I would have it sorted ages ago.

I'm taking my committee on a trip to Manchester in late August to look at some city development ( excuse so I can stay over the weekend).

I'll have word then. 

It's a bit like Lord Nelson, where the lift has not been working since the summer of 2019. Yes, I'm still staying there. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Code said:

If it was Stavanger Airport I would have it sorted ages ago.

I'm taking my committee on a trip to Manchester in late August to look at some city development ( excuse so I can stay over the weekend).

I'll have word then. 

We’re looking to book a holiday soon, think we’ll give Manchester Airport a miss.